Emerald

Write Something That Is True... Spiritual Autolysis Challenge

81 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Arik said:

You maybe wanna look into the nature of space. Your starting point could be something like "Space is the potential room that gives forms the ability to be born, exist and then die."

That is really general and abstract. You can go very deep on several components of this statement. I personally find space extremely interesting and I often try to get a sense of it in meditation. What is space really? And then, if space exists there must be the other side of space. The opposite, because everything seems to come two-sided.

So, what is non-space? What is non-existence and how could you possible wrap your head around something that by nature is not something. Is space a form itself or is it the place that allows forms to be? Is space 3-dimensional or does it even go higher in dimensions? Have you ever thought about that?

I think that space itself, the relationship between existence and nothingness, is the starting point of all spirituality. How I see it, this is the point that allows spirituality to even be a possibility. Very interesting stuff.

Is our world - how we can sense it - just a little tiny bit of an never ending fractal of possible realities all existing simultaneously and at the same "place"?

Thank you. I was thinking about the notion of "in" earlier in this thread, where I was considering if something could really be in something else in my perceptions. I was little confused at the idea of a tactual sensation being inside of another. There seems to be depth to my sensations but I'm not sure, so I think space would be a good concept to use for inquiry. 

Enrollment now open for my Shadow Work Group Class! Limited spots available. 

Click here to learn more!

@Emerald Wilkins I wrote list of things that I know from first person experience and things or ideas/phenomenas that I didn't experience myself. And I was very careful on that ( at least I think so) and came to the conclusion that 99.9 % was only a result of second hand experience ex. Earth is rotating ; I never seen earth rotating in first person or Antarctica is completely frozen , I never saw that neither. And so on , the point is that what we consider as truth comes as a second hand experience and that is a strange feeling ?

2 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Nothing about the dreamstate paradigm is eternal

This comes as a bit of a dissonance to this ear. Cannot explain why. As if it is like that, still, it was not supposed to be like that or not forever like that... 

Its just having trouble translating the thingie, but ... there's too much of a buzz to be able to hear the delicate whisper of Grace.. Oh well... :)

Thanks for the help :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

8 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Eternality is changeless, life is change.

Also this one. Why would the foundation of THAT be so dualistical ? Big opening must take place to make space for this one it feels.... 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Why don't you start with the statement / thought "I" or "I am"? You can investigate them, contemplate them or ask "what am I?". This is much more direct I'd guess.

1 minute ago, Pinocchio said:

But body and mind "exist" only "within" the dreamstate PARADIGM...

Yes, but also, it is impossible for them to exist outside of that... different from that. I think this "illusion" term needs to be questioned to its root also... which I will do sipping a glass of wine at a cute table on the beach in exactly 15 minutes :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Emerald Wilkins , I hope you are getting some value from this, I wouldn't like you to feel as I've hijacked your post. It just flows here.. :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

3 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I was thinking about the notion of "in" earlier in this thread, where I was considering if something could really be in something else in my perceptions. I was little confused at the idea of a tactual sensation being inside of another.

There can actually be nothing in something else. This is all just your mind separating things, creating more and more tiny little objects and interplays of these objects to get a picture of the world.

Me, as an computer scientist, we always try to define everything very correctly and narrowed down to the point. This is all good and nice to get shit working well in a conceptual nature like machines but this is not how the actually world is - I guess.

The actual world could be probably more viewed as a big intermingle of one big object - if we want to use this label. So this object is me, you, everything in between, space every form of space and even nothingness. All one big thing. That's why there is no actual "watcher" in your head. It's more like that you have such an great inter-mingle in your head that it is even able to create new inter-mingles - called thoughts.

But of course we get all mixed up by this because 99.9% of the people trap themselves in their own realities. It's kinda funny actually, if you look at it this way. We are such an "advanced" peace of the big inter-mingle, we can't even believe that we are part of it.

So, point here is: Don't get caught up in concepts. The content of thoughts won't help you do get deeper to the roots. Kinda look more of what the essence of - what you are looking at - is. Get it as an intuitive perception, not as a narrowed down defined peace of the cake. Cuz It's just all cake.

Thanks for this interesting conversation any ways, @Emerald Wilkins :P

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Pinocchio  I understand what you are saying. I'm just trying to get out something that is coming through ... and words are USELESS :D ... so I stumble..

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

1 minute ago, Pinocchio said:

You will never find your way out of that problem, except by not seeing it as a problem anymore.

You're right. There's a fear behind this that I already know of: that of "me" becoming unable to interact and becoming a hermit LOL :D 

All's fine...

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

10 minutes ago, Ayla said:

@Emerald Wilkins , I hope you are getting some value from this, I wouldn't like you to feel as I've hijacked your post. It just flows here.. :) 

I'm definitely getting a lot out of it. It's very helpful to see people working out and deconstructing assumptions.

12 minutes ago, Arik said:

There can actually be nothing in something else. This is all just your mind separating things, creating more and more tiny little objects and interplays of these objects to get a picture of the world.

Me, as an computer scientist, we always try to define everything very correctly and narrowed down to the point. This is all good and nice to get shit working well in a conceptual nature like machines but this is not how the actually world is - I guess.

The actual world could be probably more viewed as a big intermingle of one big object - if we want to use this label. So this object is me, you, everything in between, space every form of space and even nothingness. All one big thing. That's why there is no actual "watcher" in your head. It's more like that you have such an great inter-mingle in your head that it is even able to create new inter-mingles - called thoughts.

But of course we get all mixed up by this because 99.9% of the people trap themselves in their own realities. It's kinda funny actually, if you look at it this way. We are such an "advanced" peace of the big inter-mingle, we can't even believe that we are part of it.

So, point here is: Don't get caught up in concepts. The content of thoughts won't help you do get deeper to the roots. Kinda look more of what the essence of - what you are looking at - is. Get it as an intuitive perception, not as a narrowed down defined peace of the cake. Cuz It's just all cake.

Thanks for this interesting conversation any ways, @Emerald Wilkins :P

Thanks. You too. :) We're the spider and the fly at the exact same time. We weave a web of our own thought stories for our own benefit in life, but we're also the ones that get tangled in the web.

15 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

So, I am looking for ideas to deconstruct in Spiritual Autolysis. So, my challenge for this is to try to write something that is true. Here is an example of something that I think is true that needs to be deconstructed:

"The only things that exist are sights, sounds, smells, tastes, sensations, and thoughts happening in the present moment within the field of awareness. Everything else is the content of a thought."

Something true ? 

Everything in this world including our emotional state and our state of mind is subject to change. 

17 minutes ago, werlight said:

Something true ? 

Everything in this world including our emotional state and our state of mind is subject to change. 

I think that too. Perfect for deconstruction. :) 

Truth might not be like everybody else has taught me, if I do not use just empirical evidence, I cannot find a reason to believe that I am or I am not my thoughts, it is possible that my thoughts are actually stored somewhere, thereby making up who I am, like a knowledge graph.

This is what is keeping me from realizing I am not my thoughts I guess.

Deconstruct this

Even if you think you have the Truth with a capital T, you will never know truly possibly until you die, and maybe not even than. 

Edited by DizIzMikey

14 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

The whole knowledge graph thing is a functional model of the way our psychosomatic system works, not a physical model of the way information is stored.

Thoughts are not stored anywhere, they would have to be "things in themselves", and they aren't. Nothing is (...)

You neither are nor aren't your thoughts. There is no question of a you being anything. And no question of thoughts.

Chew on that! :P

Thoughts are not stored anywhere? QUITE POSSIBLY! Maaaaybe maybe maybe neener neener

They would have to be things in themselves? Maybe they are and I cannot see them, so maybe they are!

YES i might or might not be my thoughts.

Here is a question of me being something,

I am michael and i am questioning me being anything!

This thought I am thinkingbi am questioning.

Chewing, taste great ... mmmmmmmm :x

40 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I think that too. Perfect for deconstruction. :) 

The key is to be mindful of your own state of mind knowing and accepting that it is subject to change. That's how you let go of resistance and find peace. ?

Ok let's give it a try :

1) Something is.

1.1) What is something ?

1.1.1) Something is what is.

1.2) What is being ?

1.2.1) Being is what something does.

1.3) How do I know something is ?

1.3.1) It feels like it...

Well that was quick...

Mind = Blown