saint_charming7

Work out motivation

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys! So, this topic might be helpful for me, but I also believe it can help everyone here in the forum. Working out your body is extremely important we all know that, but sometimes it can be a drag. I don't have a problem on fixing a schedule and following workout programs, as a matter of fact I have being doing this quite well for a couple of years now. The biggest thing that I'm feeling really bored with this routine thing,  I'm working out five times a week mechanically, with no emotion, the only satisfaction I get is in the "post-workout phase". I keep doing because I know its good for my body and mind in general, but its really monotonous. So  I wanted to know if you guys have some cool resources for fitness motivation (videos, articles, cool blogs, etc...). I believe this can benefit not only me, but all the fitness rats over here.

Thanks in advance!

@saint_charming7 Make a habit to visualise your goal? Really visualise though.

If you don't already know how to practice this, Leo has a video on the subject and it's awesome! 

Listen to this while you work out. If that doesn't motivate you I don't know what will. 

@Charlotte  I never thought of using visualization for work out goals. Normally I use for other stuff like my career, and it always does the trick. Thank you so much will implement this technique ASAP! @Shroomdoctor That's a great playlist. I use that when I'm demotivated to do statistics (I work with economics and finance) will try using for my work out sessions as well! @Nahm hahah I wouldn't say is my favorite thing to do, I just love them post WO feeling: it's incredible (although lactic acid can sometimes be a drag). But thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate! @Barbarian Number 8 Thank you, I will try that!

xDtks everyone for the help!

@saint_charming7 Try to change the way you workout from time to time. I don't know if this would work for you but I do get a lot of enjoyment from shuffling between weight training, outdoor cardio, jogging, yoga, shadow boxing / bag punching, rope jumping etc...

So for example, instead if hitting the gym and doing same boring routines, get outside, buy a TRX, and a jump rope and try a circuit training, there are tons of examples on youtube and most of it you can do with your bodyweight. I like to add things like short sprint sessions, pull ups on trees, jumping on benches, shadow boxing, handstands etc... Whatever feels good. Sometimes I do this after dark under a clear night sky when there is nobody else around....there is some sort of megic in that although I can't quite tell what it is. I'd definitely recommend you workout outside from time to time if possible. 

Alternatively find a workout buddy whether outside or inside to hold yourself accountable. 

And finally I'd say no matter how concious and developed you become, there will always be a bit of emotional resistance towards workout. It is painful and tedious and our body perceives it as a threat to its survival. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

4 hours ago, saint_charming7 said:

@Charlotte  I never thought of using visualization for work out goals. Normally I use for other stuff like my career, and it always does the trick. Thank you so much will implement this technique ASAP! @Shroomdoctor That's a great playlist. I use that when I'm demotivated to do statistics (I work with economics and finance) will try using for my work out sessions as well! @Nahm hahah I wouldn't say is my favorite thing to do, I just love them post WO feeling: it's incredible (although lactic acid can sometimes be a drag). But thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate! @Barbarian Number 8 Thank you, I will try that!

xDtks everyone for the help!

My pleasure bro ?:D

@saint_charming7  I mean it’s an inner game. Playing with my kids is my favorite part of the day. Meditating is my favorite part of the day. Picking out righteous bananas  at Kroger is my favorite part of the day. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Do competitive sport. There is no better motivation than setting goals and keeping track on progress to get ready for race day and push the limit a little further every time. 

I was going to gym too, got bored and found It almost pointless as gym is more for getting over insecurities (skinny, weak etc.) than actual sports and is not from healthiest sports too. Maybe 5% guys in gym actually compete, others just have struggle accepting their body.

Now I do cycling, running, starting triathlon and doing amateur races. Honestly I can't wait for next training as there is no better feeling than setting goal and achieving It when you thought you couldn't do It. Endurance sports train your mind which is really beneficial in other areas of your life too.

Main benefits?

There is no giving up.

It's hard and It hurts! Don't care keep going.

I can't! No, you can, keep pushing!

So basically you become much more tough, confident and ambitious, ooh - extreme discipline too.