Viking

How do I become more growth motivated?

8 posts in this topic

How do I make my goal to grow right now? how do I not pay much focus on future goals?

My mind simply wont let me to be motivated by the now. all it wants is future.

how do I make so the more I grow the more im motivated to grow?

Edited by Ilya

Leo's Life Purpose Course.  It's very well done.  I'm still working on the third part of the Course myself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Ilya said:

My mind simply wont let me to be motivated by the now. all it wants is future.

Of course, that's where it gains it's energy from. Without a past and future "you" wouldn't even exist, and mind would "die". There would only be now. 

You have more growth and see the benefit, doesn't help I know. 

find an intrinsic motivation or/and  *busting/disproving* if you may have a limiting belief :) or maybe really go deep and figure out why you think that at the root core :) 

I can give you two pieces of advice: if you're in this by a quite long time, is by looking back and see where you are right now, how many things you learned, acquired and by thinking how many unknown things are still there. Unknown things, but also things that you intuitively know will make you be more "perfect". The second advice is by visualizing your higher self. Stay relaxed, preferably in bed, put some music, it helps a lot, and just think about your future self, your higher self. If you just relax and have the desire to visualize, the images will come spontaneously, you will just know how it looks like.

idk journalling has helped me. i hear meditation is good too. i do not currently meditate tho lol 'cause i'm weird and think that i'm sedimentary enough as it is. if I were truly wise tho i'd just find a way to meditate that involves walking, wouldn't be hard to do. 

what is growth... it is inherent to who you are... idk I think growth is the meaning of life. or moreover, the active investment in one's own growth or in the growth of a culture/family one is a part of. this is what all life does lol. that really makes me wanna care about growth. 

the future how to care about the now and growth i don't understand this question you ask sorry. growth requires both the future and the now. the past also helps. without both the future and the now, there is no perspective of a concept called "growth" .... we care about the growth because we care about the future. we care about the future because we see now as meaningful aka we care about the now. perhaps you mean that you are too obsessed over fantasy of the future/ if this is your concern, idk, why isn't meditation helping? or are you like me and come up with silly reasons to not meditate lol.