Shroomdoctor

spirituality, new age bs, and consciousness

113 posts in this topic

You know how they say that consciousness as an object is something you have to experience for yourself?  The same goes for these experiences.  There are different dimensions and spiritual wildlife live in these other dimensions.  

You can happen upon them through the same spiritual route as enlightenment.  Thus why people are starting to speak up.

Keep your mind open about it.

The more time spent on this forum or any other forum in that case is time (at least for most of us) spent not present. Not in the truth. Yes other monkeys are great but they will not figure out this stuff for you. Only "you" can.

2 hours ago, Shroomdoctor said:

I am not saying I am 100% right, I am not saying people claiming seeing little demons are idiots. I am just saying I will not believe everything someone tells me on blind faith. And as long as nothing convinces me of the opposite, I will say that I liked the down-to-earth'nes of the forum which it seems to loose. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are on the right track... This is the basic criteria for a seeker.

People link this with being judgemental.. It is not about being judgemental.. I know these things are traps and totally unnecessary, as far as seeking spiritual enlightenment is concerned..  So this is just a warning in a sincere attempt to help. :)

It is not wrong to be interested in paranormal stuff, UFO's channelling etc.. But there is absolutely no connection between this and spiritual enlightenment. They are actually distractions..

Even if you go through anecdotes and decide to trust just anecdotal stuff, you will still find that all authentic masters discouraged in any interest in paranormal. Go through Patanjali Yoga sutras and he himself says these things are distractions and trap you. Do you need spiritual enlightenment or do you want to fall in love with an alien entity from 500 light years away? You have the choice to choose always!

500 light years is too far away, but your true nature is extremely close... :)

I tend to discourage such discussions as I absolutely know without any doubt that these are distractions and traps for spiritual seekers.  But people have their right to get distracted and remain trapped. You have the right to live just like everyone else whose lives are based on beliefs and blind faith alone, no one is stopping. You have the right to delude yourself into thinking that you are highly conscious beings while getting attached to everything that is impermanent and illusory. People have the right to repeat some cliched spiritual quotes to justify what they are doing. No one is forced to consider this serious warning either! It all depends on what you want.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shroomdoctor
Yeah, there are many streams of consciousness work on the forum. 
As i am more scientifically inclined i am not very much interested in that myself, and like a more stripped down style.

It is best to recognize that we are all on unproven ground here. I have not seen any refutable proof of any stream on this forum or in life.
We cannot even prove enlightenment is real, let alone that zen Buddhism is more pure than works of someone like Bashar.
To a staunch scientist, the full topic of enlightenment is new age BS. And in the land of the blind one-eye is king.
But well, best to quickly close the posts that are not interesting to you. Being triggered or going against it just leads to flame wars.

Anyway, i think it is best to ask a question perhaps, or just post something.
What schools have you studied so far, or make sense to you personally?

Perhaps i should post something, but i don't know what :$

Also, there used to be another area for these sorts of topics but they got combined, thus why you see more of the paranormal threads w the enlightenment threads. 

For shamanism, you don't get to choose to back away from the calling.  The spirits call you to wellness and service - they direct you with revelation that comes from this place:

Communicating with spirits often times requires a person to come from the brink of insanity, or a near death experience.  Something that completely haults the ego, because they reside in a place that has no use of time or death.  Once a person is done with their initiation, they seek out a teacher.

""List ye, O man, drink of my wisdom. 
Learn ye the secret that is Master of Time.
Learn ye how those ye call Masters are 
able to remember the lives of the past. 
Great is the secret yet easy to master, 
giving to thee the mastery of time. 
When upon thee death fast approaches, 
fear not but know ye are master of Death.
Relax thy body, resist not with tension. 
Place in thy heart the flame of thy Soul. 
Swiftly then sweep it to the seat of the triangle. 
Hold for a moment, then move to the goal. 
This, thy goal, is the place between thine eyebrows, 
the place where the memory of life must hold sway. 
Hold thou thy flame here in thy brain-seat
until the fingers of Death grasp thy Soul. 
Then as thou pass through the state of transition, 
surely the memories of life shall pass, too.
Then shalt the past be as one with the present. 
Then shall the memory of all be retained. 
Free shalt thou be from all retrogression. 
The things of the past shall live in today.""

Hopefully that clears some things up.

Edited by Annetta

4 hours ago, Shroomdoctor said:

Honestly, I find the amount of bs i read in the consciousness section lately a bit concerning. It is really hard to take spirituality seriously if half of the forum is complete new age bs. Maybe that is my ego and scientific paradigm talking, but is it just how I see things at the moment. These are the reasons why people laugh at me when I mention meditation and people want to put me into counseling when mentioning enlightenment. 

I really liked Leos no bullshit spirituality videos. They put these topics in a good light, They make you seriously wonder about these things.  

But "Hey I am channeling an entity, ask me questions?" Like how should I be able to take this seriously?

What I really liked about this forum was the possibility to get input on these kind of things in a practical and down to earth manner. But this is getting less and less possible. That was what separated the consciousness section of this forum from other spirituality sides, and it was what hooked me. 

I admit that there might be things I do not yet understand. Things like chakras might be legit and really help with self actualization. But I get the vibe that quite a lot of people flee into spirituality because it makes it easier to ignore the burning problems in your life. I get that consciousness is a big part of self-actualization. But it isn't everything, is it? 

This isn't supposed to be bashing, I would just like to hear your opinions about these things. I really want to explore spirituality, but I fear getting lost in these new age concepts and falling from one dogma to another. 

How do you handle that? How do you separate the real value from bs?

What if i told you that right now a portion of the population, who are incarnations of extraterestial beings are simultaneously going trough a massive awakening process, and once thats done, they will assist the awakening of the rest of humanity in whats said to be the first, second and third wave of ascension which wll include massive changes in the collective and total transformation of earth.

What a bunch of new age BS gosh, who’d believe that. Bunch of nutjobs I gotta tell ya.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 I would say that I do not know if that is true, and that I am not able to prove one or the other.

Edited by Shroomdoctor

2 minutes ago, Shroomdoctor said:

@Martin123 I would say that I do not know if that is true, and that I am not able to prove one or the other.

Pussy. Ur just scared to have an opinion 

@Martin123 Wtf, Dude. How can I have an opinion? My direct experience would say no to that. But I do not know if that is true. And I have just learned to not cling to my opinions. So you may call me a pussy, but I will not claim to know something I cannot possibly know.

10 minutes ago, Shroomdoctor said:

And I have just learned to not cling to my opinions.

Ill just take the liberty and call it a lack of commitment :-p 

@Martin123 What am I, after your logic supposed to do if I may ask? Just say "Yeaaaah i can totally see that" or just say "Woaah thats total bullshit and you are delusional" How are those options better then a "lack of commitment"?

@Martin123 Ohm...thanks a lot. That came out of nowhere. I don't hear that very often :$ 

Edited by Shroomdoctor

Person A: Don't trust that channelling guy, he is fake! 

Person B: Everything is fake, nothing you see is real..:)

Person A: I know that buddy, but what I am saying is, he is ripping off people by charging $1000 - $2000 for every session. Something is fishy,.

Person B: Even money is unreal! By the way, you are not open minded.. :S

Person A: I am open to everything... I know that many things are possible even though we don't understand it.But the meaning of open-mindedness is willing to change your existing beliefs and assumptions and being receptive to new ideas. But it doesn't mean blind faith. You are just craving for some experiences and your temptations are making you justify this by calling in open-mindedness.

Person B: see, this is just your ego getting in the way.. and you are too judgemental too. :(

Person A: First, you need to understand what you really want. Don't you see that you are using spiritual lingo to justify your attachments and cravings? If your interest is in exploring such things it is fine, but just recognize what it is...spiritual seeking is not looking up, looking out or looking something that is 500 light years away! It is just looking in..

Person B: See, everything is fine the way it is.. There is nothing to seek, nobody to get enlightened and everything is an illusion...:)

(person A kicks person B's butt, stamps his face, crushes his nose and hits Person B's head with a stone)

Person B: oh my god! It is painful >:(

Person A: thats not real buddy.. the pain is just an illusion :)

Person B: oh my God! blood >:(

Person A: the blood is not real either, it is a part of illusion too :)

Person B: what have you done, oh my God... >:(

Person A: what have 'I' done? there is no 'I' remember? And there is no one doing anything here.. there is no doer! And you don't exist.. xD

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@snowleopard I still think being somewhat skeptic is totally okay. I know it is biased. Everyone is. You are too. I will not claim that I am right and calling these posts out because at the moment I do not see them as true was wrong. I said that like 3 times now... xD