hinawashi

Why do we have to worship something?

12 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this for a very long time now, because this is something that I haven't been able to understand.

We're always worshipping something. There are religion, and different gods and people have been worshipping them for millennia since prehistoric times. Today, even when we live in a materialistic culture, we still worship money like a god. So it's quite funny that we claim that there is no god but we still treat money as a god. So we still have to worship something. Even the most grandiose people who have the most power worship their own self-image as a god. At the end of the day, we really have to worship something or another.

Why is it so? What is the reason to worship anything? Is it because deep inside we know that we're no good? Like, we can't do anything on our own? I don't really understand it so perhaps one of you peoples can help me answer this question.

People who worship something outside of themselves have not connected to their own source of energy and power.  This is why those who often have the most material power need to continue to cultivate it from an outside source.  

When power is cultivated from within, you can give it away instead of taking it in.  The universe/consciousness is energy - so you give power to take power - by sitting with a feeling of pure love, you give this to the energy around you, which is everyone and you.  Does that make sense?

@hinawashi
Because the ego always needs something it aims for next, it's realy purpose is to distract you from going inside which can only be achieved by having unreachable goals that will keep you trapped forever. As soon as you reach the thing you worshipped you are going to find something new to worship or will want to get even more of the thing that you worship.

@hinawashi I think we all fall for the “born” and “separate” obviously. It’s highly convincing. Then folks give us their version of what we are, where we are, God, after life etc, and we fall for that too. But in the biggest picture, we never left anywhere or went anywhere, and we get to rediscover what we are. The more we get lost, the more we can find. The ego is just the means of getting lost. The veil. How powerful our focus really is, the extent to which everything actually is ok, what an adventure. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's more comfortable for most to put their power into something else for they have something to praise when it goes well and blame when it goes wrong. To be the all powerful creator of your reality and to realize you're never a victim is often hard to digest at many level. Not many are willing to assume this kind of responsibility...

@hinawashi

Posit an entity --> adore the entity --> love the entity --> become the entity --> marinate and play in the entity --> repeat

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

3 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

You mean like the Aeon? :ph34r:

Haha well like I already said, I know that the Aeon are me. I personally like to wrap it in a nice relatable packaging in order to simplify things up when I express "them" because :

1: Choosing to channel the Aeon is choosing to express ME. A me that has a thousand names and faces. Instead of trying to make sense of 1000 personality (a maddening experience trust me), I get a focal point.

2: Pages and pages of texts could be used to explain reality and one's experience of it. I feel like it's ok to simplify the container to express the content. Therefore debating names and labels is not very relevant.

3: Contradictions will arise as the consciousness rises and fall in cycles. Knowing something and 100% embodying something is something wayyy different. I feel that it's more constructive to witness the incoherence, welcome it and let it be expressed then to contain and judge it (leading to madness for me because I judge myself all the time). Some days I can feel grounded it that powerful experience of Self and some days i feel like a wreck. But I hardly let myself go anywhere near believing I am not responsible for my own state of being.

So

When I feel disconnected I pray, when I feel connected I shine ;)

26 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

Shine on you crazy diamond ;)

Love it! (and also I see how I was totally fishing for that "prick" and I thank you for stimulating that introspective bit!)

Could it be that when we worship somthing this is actually self worship? 

??‍♂️

Edited by Faceless

@hinawashi we worship ideal staff, for some ppl ideal is bill gates or another money-god

for some it is gods in heaven, who represent ideal values

why do we want to worship ideal with its ideal values??? coz we wanna be like ideal and we have no clue how

and why we wanna be like ideal??? coz we want to know the best and the most sustainable strategy for life here in now, survival in long-term and after-life in even longer term. and then follow this ideal strategy

and why de want best possible way for life??? because we see that reality and even your body is structured by certain objective rules, and if you want to be happy long-term, you need to understand rules. not simply create your own which will fail you. By rules I mean objective things like how psyche is structured (for example, if you lie you have more neurosis and less inner peace, that in turn will turn life into suffering and hell, and that in turn may lead you to quicker death - here you go, thats where good v bad morals rise)

and why do we want to be happy forever? hehe its not really what we want. because why not suffer for whole life? no happiness is what our body and mind, or EVOLUTION wants. thats how evolution of life is. it evolves by creating more productive and adaptive and more conscious organisms, and happiness is a sign that evolution of consciousness is in right way. unhappiness is a sign that life is in danger and evolution can end.

and why evolution exist at all? well its just how absolute infinity or god is. it creates to create better and better. its creator never-ending or beginning.maybe love pushes everything forward as tom campbell says. so its just love dude.

also mind that contemporary post-modernist culture is very twisted around values of life, ppl of materialism forgot that what we have is life itself. so any ethics, morals, ideals, values should be about life of (and after-life if you wish) and sustainable survival strategies (survival is needed only to continue life)

by life i mean yours and others, people and other living beings.

BUT we turned life into game, so we compete for the sake of getting more victories, we play roles for some imaginary 'life-points', we try to win something but we don't see that there is no score! there's only life. and we won't be able to take anything with us. So why do we walk playing in 'who has more money, career, power, relationships, success' ? Why all that if its all merely an attributes, but what is really important is life itself. Not gold that you wear during this life. 'Gold' is needed for survival, and survival is action for continuation of life. Life is far richer than survival. However, we humans survive today to have more surviving tomorrow, instead of surviving today to have more life tomorrow. This is significant difference. And we cannot have stabilization of life or being in NOW without constant thoughts about survival unless we can be in our true nature.

btw animals survive to have life. they don't compete for ideas. so human should recall something important from watching animals

So if u wanna worship, it should be about best ideal for life in longest term.

also,

worshiping god in religions is a form of prayer, and prayer is contemplation, meditation and spoken words = vibrational frequencies, and these were effective forms to raise consciousness, enlightenment and connection to absolute, in ancient times. However now it is also twisted and worshiping turned into unconscious lip service for goodies or out of fear. But the point is to be concentrated and highly aware. 

Edited by Monkey-man

I believe humans are the same as they were 50,000 years ago. I believe back then there were tough guys, comedians, worry worts, nerds, hot chicks, ugly chicks, honest naive people and of course cheaters and manipulators. I don't believe all of us are naturally looking for something to worship, I believe there is always a significant portion of mankind who will be controlling manipulators. Eventually the "evil genius manipulator" is born and he/she not only sees the truth and lives in the now, they know how to use that knowledge to control everyone. You could glimpse the now and be evil. 

So I believe with a enough people being born we will see these evil genius manipulators who understand how to use people's ego's hopes and dreams to create false gods. Then the manipulators hide behind the gods, as the authority of the god. Worship is like buying into marketing.

I don't think everyone(some maybe but not everyone) needs to worship something just saying :) 

i don't think we necessarily worship money but that since that we needed money more and more over time it have become more important to our survival (for example we need money to buy food, to have electricity in our homes etc.) it's not really worship but more of a need 

Edited by BjarkeT