Siim Land

Life Lessons Learned in 2017

11 posts in this topic

Here are 10 of the most profound lessons I've learned in 2017

• 1. I Know Nothing - maintain a beginner's mind and stay humble
  • 2. Avoid All Absolutes - never make definite statements and be careful with what you begin to strongly believe in
  • 3. Double Down on Extreme Ownership - take full responsibility for everything 2x - I'm talking about taking ownership of living forever
  • 4. Vulnerability is the Greatest Strength - be like water and reveal your weaknesses as to become antifragile
  • 5. Prepare for the Future TODAY - start learning about the cutting edge technology, blockchain and innovations. Adopt the post-human mindset
  • 6. Appreciate the Present - learn from everything and from everywhere. Find gratitude even from suffering.
  • 7. Optimize One Thing at a Time - attain Jedi-like concentration in everything you do
  • 8. Work Smarter Not Harder - don't tunnel vision so hard that you can't self-reflect and re-optimize
  • 9. Constantly Assess and Challenge Yourself - Even if you feel deep down inside that you’re doing the right thing and making the right decisions, you still have to leave room for the possibility that you’re actually doing the opposite
  • 10. Shed Your Own Skin - You have to constantly keep re-inventing yourself. What got you to this point may not be what’s going to take you where you want to get

There are so many more things to learn and things to do

Some of the lessons I've gained previously already but they've become even more engraved into my being this year

What have you learned the most in 2017?

Stay Empowered

Siim Land

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Nice :)

Btw up till now I've always thought your username was Slim Land even thou I've seen it so many times. Wtf..

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

3 hours ago, Siim Land said:

2. Avoid All Absolutes - never make definite statements and be careful with what you begin to strongly believe in

I like how it's actually a definite statement about avoiding definite statements. xD I know it's probably written that way to strenghten the argument, but also shows how paradoxical conveying insights through language can get.

In 2017 I learnt: Listen to the body to understand the mind, alter the speed or tension of the body to alter the speed or tension of the mind.

And all of that vice versa. 

8 hours ago, Siim Land said:

6. Appreciate the Present - learn from everything and from everywhere. Find gratitude even from suffering.

6. is the most powerful one in My opinion 

Welcome to 2018

Nice one Bro, keep it up :)

10 things i have learned/remembered in 2017.

1. Do not give advice unless asked for.

2. If you want to see change or progress in others and the world around you, Focus on Self.

3. Thoughts > Emotions > State of Being.

4. Have the mindset and belief system that you have already achieved or already are successful.

5. Let go of all attachments and expectations, nothing can affect you in the NOW.

6. If you are stuck in-between "Being Kind" and "Being Right", choose to be Kind and you will always be right :)

7. Whatever you focus on grows - Everyone knows this one but reminding ourselves of this is very important.

8. See the good in every situation and everyone - No one is absolute all the time, we are constantly growing and learning, even when someone appears they have lost their way, we cannot and should not judge them as everyone has their own paths, ups/downs to becoming source-self-aware.

9. You are already Enlightened, Shift your awareness so you see it.

10. Enjoy yourselves and play as if this is your last day on earth - Living your highest excitement and doing things which you are passionate about automatically put you in a state of Love/Joy ect.. This by default will put you on your highest consciousness state possible to get to where to want or need to be next.

B R E A T H E

Here is another 10 lessons:

1. Progress is not linear, it fluctuates, happens in jumps, gets exponential with time or is very quick in the begining and then stops. Get used to that and set proper expectations
  2. The key to psychedlics is consistency, breaking once might be not enough. Also, it's like with meditation, it only increases chances of Enlightenment strucking you like a lightning. Plus the effects stack up.
  3. Little 10 minutes exercicses done everyday stack up exponentially. Examples are free-associations exercise, meditation, stretching, rehabilitation, learning about nutrition from YT, journaling, etc.
  4. It's crucial for health to exercise at least for 1 hour a day. But any amount will do. And the more, the better.
  5. Theory =/= practice. Some things look great on paper, but in practice are completly different. For example, science, it should be open-minded and objective, but in real life is almost an opposite.
  6. Cut a shit that doesn't work from your life. Replace it with new promising shit. Optimize, repeat, until you are no longer here.
  7. STOP, making a narration. Don't beat yourself up. Simply start working towards better future. Be patient to a hardcore extent.
  8. Your body asks for however much sleep it needs. Don't try to manipulate, but listen to it. Put the right fuel and you will be good to go. You can get to as low as 4 hours of sleep if you have a very contemplative lifestyle.
  9. Your mind responds to: pictures you make in your head & the words you say to yourself. Visualisation practice is very beneficial and not as easy as it seems.
  10. Understanding is the key to mastering emotions. You need to understand why people make certain choices or behave in some way in order to gain emotional mastery. Emotional turmoil is just misunderstanding or lack of understanding of social dynamics.

Plus bonus one for everyone reading.

"Is it cosmically important or a trivial point?" 

Cool thing to ask yourself. :)