Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Is it Weird that I Have No Interest in Studying Enlightenment Gurus?

24 posts in this topic

I've studied Leo and Emerald and Myself, that makes three.

I've studied Classical Indian and Classical Chinese Philosophy though.

Oh yeah -- and I've read the essay "Who Am I" by Ramana Masarshi, which really influenced me.

But I have absolutely zero interest in studying under any additional gurus.

Here's a couple of Emerald's videos:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor If you consider us Gurus, you're in trouble.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor If you consider us Gurus, you're in trouble.

I do man.  But I'm the guru to me.  I've been influenced by you though.

@Joseph Maynor You've also been influence by McDonalds ;) Doesn't say much.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor You've also been influence by McDonalds ;) Doesn't say much.

You gotta become influenced by yourself.  That's the only true path.  You gotta be your own guru.  I have a huge shore of reference, which is rare.  Therefore, more knowledge ain't really gonna do much for me insofar as Enlightenment is concerned.  I don't need to listen to people talk about Enlightenment.  I am it.  The paradox with Enlightenment is that it is both complicated and incredibly simple at the same time.  Once you grok that and live it, what more do you need?  More talk?  More reading at McDonalds?  You guys are gonna talk yourselves out of Enlightenment if you don't watch it!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

If you're willing to spend the next few years meditating from morning until night, like the buddha did, you may have some progress, not guaranteed. Though if not, without any guidance your chances I think are extremely small. dont let your ego say "I can do this by myself". consider the possibility that you dont know something about enlightenment. I also think that gurus are not only for knowledge, you may have a lot of knowledge, but still gurus can offer you plenty, consider that possibility.

also, the youtubers you mentioned arent teaching enlightenment 24/7, consider that too.

I think its just ego stuff.

45 minutes ago, Ilya said:

If you're willing to spend the next few years meditating from morning until night, like the buddha did, you may have some progress, not guaranteed. Though if not, without any guidance your chances I think are extremely small. dont let your ego say "I can do this by myself". consider the possibility that you dont know something about enlightenment. I also think that gurus are not only for knowledge, you may have a lot of knowledge, but still gurus can offer you plenty, consider that possibility.

also, the youtubers you mentioned arent teaching enlightenment 24/7, consider that too.

I think its just ego stuff.

I've worked really hard on my Enlightenment.  I paid my dues.  Not saying that I don't have further work to do -- but I got the basics down.  Enlightenment doesn't puzzle me anymore.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Lololol What a bunch of bs!!!

You actually have someone seeing that they need to go about this alone and you antagonise.  

As one goes about learning about themselves they will see that everything gets more simplified. They will see that thought which is knowledge/time has no place in becoming free from the center. 

To become free of the limited structure of thought the whole movement of thought has to be investigated deeply, constantly, diligently.

This is all we can do. We can’t investigate the  infinity/the limitless because we use thought, that which is limited. We can only investigate thought. In this understanding the conditioned brain becomes quiet. And when the conditioned brain becomes quiet there can be a movment of the mind “insight”. In this insight there can be a freedom from the self, when the center “the me” is not meeting each moment with that of the past. 

There is no way, method, or path. 

Let him be. Let him try for himself. We need people who can light there own way through the dark.

Hats off to you the one who walks alone ?  

29 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Lololol What a bunch of bs!!!

You actually have someone seeing that they need to go about this alone and you antagonise.  

As one goes about learning about themselves they will see that everything gets more simplified. They will see that thought which is knowledge/time has no place in becoming free from the center. 

To become free of the limited structure of thought the whole movement of thought has to be investigated deeply, constantly, diligently.

This is all we can do. We can’t investigate the  infinity/the limitless because we use thought, that which is limited. We can only investigate thought. In this understanding the conditioned brain becomes quiet. And when the conditioned brain becomes quiet there can be a movment of the mind “insight”. In this insight there can be a freedom from the self, when the center “the me” is not meeting each moment with that of the past. 

There is no way, method, or path. 

Let him be. Let him try for himself. We need people who can light there own way through the dark.

Hats off to you the one who walks alone ?  

Agreed.  Leo has a conflict of interest in that he is part of the Enlightenment educational system, so he needs to make sure that that mileu continues to be needed.  haha.  Every profession has a bullshit game that they play to try to make themselves seem very valuable.  That's one of the downsides of playing the game of business -- you get wrapped up in that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

A dreamed up reality with enlightenment gurus ... a dreamed up reality without such gurus ... What do they have in common?

Edited by snowleopard

9 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

A dreamed up reality with enlightenment gurus ... a dreamed up reality without such gurus ... What do they have in common?

Reality could give a shit about your thoughts.  Right?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor  Well, I haven't mistaken 'you' for an ego that cares about those thoughts. Just Awareness dreaming up its reality, no more, no less, as are all of us.

20 hours ago, snowleopard said:

@Joseph Maynor  Well, I haven't mistaken 'you' for an ego that cares about those thoughts. Just Awareness dreaming up its reality, no more, no less, as are all of us.

Our chin-wagging is like the cry of a neurotic bird in the forest amusing and comforting itself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor the more you “study” these stuff the more infinitely confused you will get. All you need to know is three stages of realization. The first the neti neti method. This is for beginners to disidentify with the body, fellings and thoughts and see on direct experience that you are none of those. Then the highest form of meditation that you become aware that you are aware. You are awareness, observer, consciousness.  And finally after enough practice you merge with entirety of “your” observed experience and you become the God’s knowing of this finite human experience. 

Forget that word Enlightenment exists. The only thing that you know exist is you. This is the finding of yourself. The source of your being.

That is all you need to know really. After your liberation you decide what is more relevant to you. 

Edited by egoless

5 hours ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor the more you “study” these stuff the more infinitely confused you will get. All you need to know is three stages of realization. The first the neti neti method. This is for beginners to disidentify with the body, fellings and thoughts and see on direct experience that you are none of those. Then the highest form of meditation that you become aware that you are aware. You are awareness, observer, consciousness.  And finally after enough practice you merge with entirety of “your” observed experience and you become the God’s knowing of this finite human experience. 

Forget that word Enlightenment exists. The only thing that you know exist is you. This is the finding of yourself. The source of your being.

That is all you need to know really. After your liberation you decide what is more relevant to you. 

The paradox with Enlightenment is you have to both seek and not seek at the same time.  This balance confuses the hell out of the Mind, which wants a singular, rational kind of answer.  

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The paradox with Enlightenment is you have to both seek and not seek at the same time.  This balance confuses the hell out of the Mind, which wants a singular, rational kind of answer.  

Yes that’s right. Rationality is only one limited way to look at it. But to really “find” yourself you will have to adopt more holistic view point.

no, it is not strange. you are asking interesting questions and have an open mind.