Vida

Rules Of Life

24 posts in this topic

I would like to read some of the rules that life taught you...
Like rules for life, to guide us

Never trust anyone - but yourself 

Don't break anyone's heart - karma is  a bitch 

Be loyal to loyal people 

Save money 

Be Street Smart

.... I leave some for the others.

@Vida I have witnessed it too many times to deny it. I guess its the guilt inside ones mind, which forces them to fall in the grave they once dug for someone else... IM open minded and please correct me if wrong. 

There are no rules. Except for the laws of physics. All other rules are in your head only.

Yeah just like me, but yeah, I believe that can be true, but I'm not completly sure about that, because some people, they don't feel guilty, you know what I mean, so I really don't know

Hmm, one of the main "rules" of my life is to always be outside of my comfort zone, and to always do what's emotionally hard to do. That kind of approach leads to success in most of the areas of our lives as I observed.

They are simple

Be aware as much as you can. Key for personal development is contemplation, mindfulness and wisdom. Read books, do not believe and do not doubt what they have to say but take it and try to apply it your life. Experience is what counts, belief itself is a just toy inside your head. Knowing more information is not learning , changing behavior is learning. Knowing is just a web of beliefs that stops you for learning.

“Knowing” can be useful, but learning not to know creates a powerful openness that is inconceivable until it is experienced.”  Peter Ralston

it talks about enlightenment, but it explain nature of belief to the core.  

Edited by Natura Sonoris

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

My no. 1 rule:

Rules are made to be broken

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Rule 1. There are no rules.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Start - and finish with this:

You ARE life ! 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

• Hakuna Matata  
  • "Call him Voldemort, Harry. Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself"
  • "In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice" 
  • and my favourite:

My rules for life is to live life on your own terms and have complete freedom over your lifestyle. You are free to create your life however you like! The world has infinite possibilities and you can make any choice. Life purpose is the greatest opportunity for freedom because you are free to focus your life on any purpose. You can keep your purpose very simple and focused one thing or your purpose can be multifaceted and combine many purposes together. You can spend your life mastering anything! The one rule to life is to realize that you can create your own rules and discover your potential. Embrace and take advantage of your freedom, experiment with a wide variety of mindsets, create your own worldview, and have passion and curiosity! Your greatest powers are your freedom and creativity! Don't be so rigid and rule-oriented! 

Edited by Zane

Time is not an illusion, and if it is, then only because we don't have any while we think we have. Don't ever waste time with petty, stupid shit, hesitate or procrastinate. Time is very real and soon yours is all gone.

Never take something personally, there is no one to be offended, just a leased future corpse

Edited by Locooig

Live a good life - you'll feel good. 

Live a bad life - you'll feel bad.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You