egoless

Entrepreneurship is not for everybody

25 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, egoless said:

the thing is I don’t resonate with the idea of being locked to one thing my whole life. I think that it destroyes my freedom which I value so much. That’s why I’m telling- not everyone is the same. I value the freedom above all. I want to be free to explore this life with it’s all fascinating possibilities. 

I value freedom too. But this is a very elusive concept to grasp.

Nelson Mandela stayed in prison 27 years. Then he became the president of his country.

Not for the gain or the title; but knowing a man was able to sit behind bars and didn't loose his hope at all, gives me an immense sense of inner peace and strength, even he now is a dead man gives me this real sensation of what freedom is.

Honestly, every single time I re-visit his story I instantly know that I can spend my whole life time doubtlessly in a corporate company or in  jail or in deep dark jungle if necessary, on my way to what I want to build in this world.

@Shiva I agree with you. However, back in the old days world was a different place. Everyone was accustomed to survive like that. They were raised to provide themselves with food and water. Nowadays educational system is just not suited for this kind of people. Generally it is way to narrow and dogmatic. In addition if everyone become self-employed it will destroy the global economy. Companies need human resources. Technological development and innovation is almost impossible without large corporations. Leo may criticize programmers and financial analysts working in these organizations but I disagree. Without these people real global advancement would be much slower and even impossible. 

Edited by egoless

@Shiva huh, that's a cynical view. why can't employment be a teamwork effort between multiple people with similar dreams who work togther to create some output or bring upon some outcome greater than any individual alone could enact? why can't employment be an undergoing in which you trust your coworkers and supervisors to work towards their dream in a way that you can also build of towards yours? why can't employment be a process of negotiation with external minds to bring into fruition a meshing of them via created collaborative accomplishment? 

it's ok for anyone to take a step away from employment. do what fits your goals and dreams best :)

You know what the answer is here — do Leo’s Life Purpose Course and find out the details of your deepest passion.  Then you can see the lay of the land as to your options of whether you wanna ultimately work at a company or start one yourself.