rogi 97

Real Action vs Fake Action

15 posts in this topic

Real action is not dependent upon an emotional state to cloud your judgement.

Real action doesn't have to wait till you feel like it, it can make a change in you regardless of your emotional state, consequently provoking growth whenever you engage in said activity

Look at your life and see what action is totally dependent upon an emotional state, a feeling, confort et cetera.

Real action promotes growth at every turn.

Example from my own life:

-Activities involving spirituality

-Learning

-Exercise

-Building self discipline (ex: waking up early, taking cold showers, no fap etc etc)

Another fake action is feeding the ego's desire to project it's issues elsewhere to avoid looking inward such as what you are doing now,

It's also what I am doing as I type - I'm just aware of it.

It's so elusive that it's scary - the post was unnecessary and is a very watered down version of what almost all self-help gurus talk about.

Back to the drawing board for both of us, huh?

18 hours ago, Omni said:

Another fake action is feeding the ego's desire to project it's issues elsewhere to avoid looking inward such as what you are doing now,

It's also what I am doing as I type - I'm just aware of it.

It's so elusive that it's scary - the post was unnecessary and is a very watered down version of what almost all self-help gurus talk about.

Back to the drawing board for both of us, huh?

so, what do you want to draw on the drawing board? im very good at drawing mind you :)

Edited by rogi 97
fun

On 16/12/2017 at 9:11 AM, Nahm said:

@rogi 97 you might say real action is only done when you have become aware nothing you’re doing is real.

im kinda focusing on the functional aspects of things, actually.

Emotion plays an integral part of life with love, passion, fear, pain and desire giving a sensory basis for our experience as animate beings.

15 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This only works if you have self control and emotional mastery.

as paraphrased from matt kahns teachings, living by the code of intention helps alot.

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

Emotion plays an integral part of life with love, passion, fear, pain and desire giving a sensory basis for our experience as animate beings.

do it to feel it, right?

Real action is based on Truth and will give you Truth back

Fake action is based on lies and guess what...

15 hours ago, rogi 97 said:

do it to feel it, right?

It appeared in your op as if you were associating emotions with 'fake' action and that would be an inaccurate representation of life.

Our actions typically have both 'real' and 'fake' motivations, inspirations and imaginations often simultaneously within the very same source of them.

Since many in the mystical community would say all of life is an illusory experience wouldn't that imply all we do isn't 'real' anyway?

What I'm just trying to convey is that painting things into black and white terms is just more dualism theology so I would suggest a more holistic approach if one wants to be authentic.

On 19/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, SOUL said:

It appeared in your op as if you were associating emotions with 'fake' action and that would be an inaccurate representation of life.

Our actions typically have both 'real' and 'fake' motivations, inspirations and imaginations often simultaneously within the very same source of them.

Since many in the mystical community would say all of life is an illusory experience wouldn't that imply all we do isn't 'real' anyway?

What I'm just trying to convey is that painting things into black and white terms is just more dualism theology so I would suggest a more holistic approach if one wants to be authentic.

of course, but as i said this is just a functional point of view for self actualization and self improvement, which is the whole reason i posted this in the self actualization topic and not spirituality, meditation, consciousness topic, which people seem to be confusing this with. Im not here to debate beliefs, im just here to present a different point view that may possibly help you or anyone else on your journey, and if it doesn't serve you, that's okay... you can just move on.

1 hour ago, rogi 97 said:

of course, but as i said this is just a functional point of view for self actualization and self improvement, which is the whole reason i posted this in the self actualization topic and not spirituality, meditation, consciousness topic, which people seem to be confusing this with. Im not here to debate beliefs, im just here to present a different point view that may possibly help you or anyone else on your journey, and if it doesn't serve you, that's okay... you can just move on.

You say you don't want to debate beliefs and just wanted to just present your own beliefs but not discuss them? That's what they are, you have beliefs, that emotion leads to "fake action", that "real action promotes growth", that you can even "improve" yourself. Those are all belief paradigms and whether they are accurate, effective or not doesn't change that they are beliefs you have, we all have beliefs.

My apologies for the "debate" on your beliefs but you say they are a functional point of view but if the way you are perturbed by any discussion about your beliefs it appears they may be actually kind of dysfunctional. By having a negative perspective towards emotions it seems you may have created a inner struggle with your emotional side that is ready for some healing otherwise discussing it wouldn't disturb you.

It appears that is something you can improve on and grow in but it's your inner life and only you have to live with it, not anyone else. I'm at peace with mine and just wanted share my view with you because I thought you may have been open to discussion, again, my apologies if you aren't. Maybe I should move on.

Edited by SOUL

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

You say you don't want to debate beliefs and just wanted to just present your own beliefs but not discuss them? That's what they are, you have beliefs, that emotion leads to "fake action", that "real action promotes growth", that you can even "improve" yourself. Those are all belief paradigms and whether they are accurate, effective or not doesn't change that they are beliefs you have, we all have beliefs.

My apologies for the "debate" on your beliefs but you say they are a functional point of view but if the way you are perturbed by any discussion about your beliefs it appears they may be actually kind of dysfunctional. By having a negative perspective towards emotions it seems you may have created a inner struggle with your emotional side that is ready for some healing otherwise discussing it wouldn't disturb you.

It appears that is something you can improve on and grow in but it's your inner life and only you have to live with it, not anyone else. I'm at peace with mine and just wanted share my view with you because I thought you may have been open to discussion, again, my apologies if you aren't. Maybe I should move on.

may you be blessed