Joseph Maynor

To What Extent Do We Need Our Illusions To Exist On This Plane

8 posts in this topic

Curious.  Let’s discuss.

”To the real mystic, silence means for one to be alone with the consciousness of self, with self as the only companion.  After all, a person may be physically alone, and yet he may be so preoccupied with problems of the day, with thoughts of things in the world, that insofar as self is concerned it has been precipitated into the midst of a teeming world of ideas, and self is thus far from being alone, even though the body is.  The real mystic can enter the silence — that is, mystical solitude — the aloneness with self anywhere, even while standing in the midst of a busy thoroughfare, because he has shut out all else but self.”

”Maeterlinck, comparatively modern mystic, said with respect to the impact of this silence, ‘No sooner are the lips still than the soul awakens and pursues her labors.’  He meant by this that no sooner do we attune ourselves with self, separate our consciousness from the objective world, than we become fully aware of the activity of the soul.  Men are always inclined towards silence when they are in the presence of that which is greater than what they can express in words.  Thus they are inclined towards devotion and humbleness in the presence of the great, and as we introvert the consciousness to self, we experience the Great Silence.”

”To summarize, the occult principle of silence is to permit the soul to hear without ears.  It is also to permit the soul to speak or commune with man by other means than that of the mouth.  It consists of a complete submission of the will to the Cosmic Mind, to hear that which the human ear cannot hear, and to speak through the soul rather than through the mortal self.”

Source of the Above Quotations: Author: Ralph M. Lewis, Book: “The Sanctuary of Self’, Pg. 145-146, Published by: Supreme Grand Lodge of AMORC, Thirteenth Edition, 1978.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Do you mean a boeing 747?

Edited by Elephant

this is where philosophy differs from spirituality.

unborn Truth

22 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

this is where mental masturbation differs from spirituality.

:ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Joseph Maynor seems like he’s beatin around the bush. Makes me wonder if he has actually been Alone. I’m starting to think, either there are souls and I have not experienced them / mine, or he has experienced Alone, and he is downplaying what he has to offer and undermining what he Is saying, or he’s dumbing it down to what he assumes is the reader’s level. It could totally be my ignorance, but whenever souls get brought into nonduality, my dogma radar chirps a little. Not code red, just a couple chirps.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you deal with details and being precise, in jobs and/or careers such as being a surgeon, doctor, dentist, accountant, librarian, and detective. Then yeah, you need this world's illusions a good deal.

Of course, once you go home, or don't need those illusions as much, then you can drop it. Unless you need to study these illusions and/or details repeatedly, to memorize them. :D

Edited by Emptystickfigure

People think it's a problem being alone.

But that's who you are. Completely alone. There's only one :)

@Joseph Maynor   I've always been attracted to solitude and quiescence -- hence the snow leopard avatar -- as it seems to be so conducive to the creative process and inspiration, putting one in touch with the intuitive, the subliminal, the deeper or greater source of all creation. As for attaining some purely still and silent state, while it may be possible, I'm not sure that it is ultimately sustainable. I feel that it is the creative imperative of the Source of creation to manifest this dream. And so there is no avoiding it or preventing it. There is only inevitably coming to terms with it ... and likely why we're all inquiring and creating in this forum.

Edited by snowleopard