Joseph Maynor

Has Anyone Here Had A Bad Trip Taking LSD?

6 posts in this topic

Yeah. Few years back way before I knew anything about PD or non-duality. Took it with a bunch of mates at a park and I was blindsided at how much it mindfucked me. I have a pretty introspective personality so it spiralled out of control pretty quickly, whilst my more chill mates just enjoyed it. I remember feeling particularly frightened by the feeling that life was all a dream. My perception of time was warped too, it felt like time was going backwards or stopping, lol. Then at night it started raining while we were being driven to the shops which probably fucked up my experience even more. After learning about non-duality, ego, the illusion of concepts etc I completely understand why I hated it now.  

I wouldn't necessarily say bad but definitely challenging and hard to shake off. I was with 2 friends that weren't as spiritually developed "so to speak" so it was more about endless laughter and fun and games, we walked around the park, played some basketball, then as it started to get deeper i was hoping we go back to the house and start the fire and sit around it and play some nice music and go deeper but they had other plans they wanted to go out and "Do things" so they decided to go to the local bar and for me it went downhill because i was very sensitive as more spiritual atonement present i could feel and see everyone's energies and vibes and it was greatly effecting my state of being and freedom. The only ones i felt free and comfertable around were my 2 friends on the same substance. It was very loud and faces and bodies warping in and out of each other which further created anxiety and paranoia and it was obvious not effecting my friends on the level it was me because they were getting around fine having fun not to mention they are almost double my weight/size so that could of been another factor. Every few minutes i just had to leave and go outside because it felt like i couldn't breath in there and then i convinced them i need to go home because i simply cannot stay here any longer because i was spinning out of control and everyone's energy was draining and disturbing my peace. So they dropped me off and went back and had a good time but i on the other hand due to the experience prior couldn't seem to shake off what happened and felt very alone and stuck in constant mind loops without them there making me laugh. At the time i didn't think i could of put my headphones on and immerse myself in music or go out in nature at the backyard and maybe play with the dogs but i seemed to be still effected by what happened and it was extremely hard to shake off. Later on with some music on the TV and some dancing and tai chi movements i did pick myself back up a bit and found a higher state again also a herbal tea seemed to help a little and yeah it was not necessarily bad as in seeing demons or whatever else other people say i was still hyper aware of things just couldn't shake off that downward spiral as easily as i thought i could of at the time. I did notice sounds outside and mind going in all kinda of directions but i had much more control and awareness compared to being paranoid on Cannabis for example so i just kept telling myself its only the LSD. Later on my friends girlfriend came over and her communicating with me raised my vibe even higher so i started to slowly pick myself back up and eventually my friends came back and we smoked some cannabis which helped smooth everything out and relaxed and went to bed yet like always with LSD woke up refreshed as usual but this time more insights came the next day for me than the actual trip.

NOTE: I had stopped doing any spiritual/self actualization work or meditation ect.. for years and went full on with psychedelics and frequent cannabis use which probably big factor why this started to happen and distorted my spiritual connection/awareness.

I guess because my experience before that with a like-minded friend where we basically became enlightened masters with every answer in the universe in our palms i expected it to at least somewhat be similar. Other times when alcohol was involved it was messy and felt like a complete waste of experience too but not as challenging because we stayed in the house so i felt more safe and secure.

Many people say Benzodiazepine drugs like Xanax ect.. basically end a bad trip and high amounts of a certain B Vitamin forgot what it was but who knows i never really mess with that stuff.

Some Info i gathered after that experience:
(Kava/Valerian/Skullcap and Holy Basil can significantly reduce anxiety if a psychedelic experience becomes agitating or difficult.. The amino acids L-tryptophan and L-theanine can also be quite helpful in reducing psychedelic anxiety.
Ashwagandha can help to elevate one’s mood, if one becomes depressed or feels sad while tripping and i also assume Cacao or a quality hot chocolate should bring out more euphoria and reduce a challenging experience knowing it is known to be used with shrooms dating back to even ancient times.)

Hope this helps

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Sometimes a particular scene or moment can cause a bad trip. For me this was on a psytrance festival. It was a 5 day festival. I was with 2 other friends there. The 3th night we decided to go to bed early, listen to some music in the tent and meditate. But things started to get really dark. Our tent was located in these park bushes, surrounded by trees. It looked pretty awesome and cosy. 

It became dark outside and the festival music also became faster and darker. At least, thats how we perceived it. Insects started crawling in our tent. Normally we wouldn't mind, but this time it just got scary. We could see the insects breathing and we thought they wanted to attack us. I remember looking up to the towels we hanged there to dry. I somehow became very annoyed and even scared by the way they were hanging. I felt like a lost heroin addict. I took a few breaths in and reminded myself i'm okay. That helped for a moment. 

We started hearing laughter and whisperings outside our tent. I heard search helicopters. They were looking for us. I also heard trains passing by very loudly. At this point the whole situation just became funny, for me. I told my friends that we should just go outside for a walk, because sitting here in the tent wasn't gonna solve anything. We needed to change the setting. They agreed. We talked a bit and joked around. 

Was it bad LSD? Nah. It was the setting for sure. It's interesting how something really small can flip the trip around pretty quick. 

And also, I wouldn't suggest taking these drugs in a festival setting. We wanted to test it out for ourselves. We had lots of fun of course, but the thing is, you are way more sensitive and vulnurable when there are so many people around and with music. This was definately a good lesson for me. 

Trip by yourself or with a tripsitter for sure. This is much more profound (duh)

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking 

I'm not sure. Last weekend I decided to take three tabs (300mcg). Previously I've tried one and two tabs.

What can i say? I surrendered and "died" big time. Can't say I had any deep insights or anything like that. Previous trips i've had have been very pleasurable. But this was terror, lol. But at the same time I think it was an experience that I can learn from. It was like this dream I had about my life. It was very metaphorical where I had lost my hair on only one side of my head. I couldn't figure out why. But as i pushed my head to my shoulder some of my tension disappeared. The voice in my head slowed down, my hair was growing back. I was like my ego was fighting with my hair. Trying to make me depressed again. 

In this "dream" i learned how to grow all my hair back, and how i could become anything i wanted, and even god. I could have anything i wanted. I could live forever and  do anything. But as I was waking up, I did not want this stuff. I wanted to stay and show my appreciation for what the world has given me. Contemplating death makes me feel more alive. 

As soon as i could I called my girlfriend telling her how much I love her. I think I showed to myself i'm going in the right direction. It was very humbling.  I don't think I've ever felt such fear. My fear och becoming insane has never been so intense. 

I'm never doing three tabs again :D

I had a friend that said she had a bad trip.  Ironically this was insanely positive for her. She said It forced  her to have several realizations that changed her life completely. She also told me that I should never fear a bad trip because in her experience that was where the most growth came from. 

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind.