Guest Young Padawan

The Truth about Psychedelics.

45 posts in this topic

Pychedelics don't affect reality at all, they only affect the brain and its perception of reality.

How do psychedelics work?

Well, whatever psychedelic you take or hear about they all share the same mechanism. They bond to receptors in YOUR brain causing consciousness alterations.

So when someone comes to you claiming to derive the "Truth" by tripping on some psychedelic, now you know the truth. You can google that, stop listening to people in this forum and believing them blindly, they are deluded. You don't need to try psychedelics to know what they do. Though we don't know yet if they cause any damage to our brains.

A wall exists, even if you don't see it you can't walk through it, even if your perception of it changes, you can never walk through that wall.

Material stuff exist, meanings are relative. That's where psychedelics can be useful. They can show you that your perception of emotions, meanings and values is so sneaky.

Never talk about the truth when you're smoking!

How are you so sure to call this "the truth"? Psychedelics strip away all these presumed concepts, they leave you speechless, they show naked reality.

To be more scientific, they 'disable' the thalamus, thus give you an unrestricted flow of information. Nothing is coordinated, everything comes fully in raw form without further editing.

And yes you have to try psychedlics to understand what they do, their implications on altering conciousness are ungraspable, only experience can fully show what it means. Some short scientific explanation about neurotrasmitters is a complete joke!!

Think about any experience you ever had, maybe falling in love or being in pure joy. You think something like this can be simplified just to some text or short explanation about neurons firing in the brain?

Really, explain me how we come from firing some neurons which are build from billions of atoms, to this level of concious experience. How can all this dead material we are build from create these visual images, perception of sound, taste, touch. 

Experience is the most full truth you can ever get, science is a mere fragment and will never be able to explain reality as a whole.

Edited by Principium Nexus

Brain hallucinates reality.

Brains have evolved to reinterpret true reality for our convenience = survival. 

This is how reality might look like

matrix.jpg?ssl=1

or like this:

Fractal-Mobius-Dragon-IFS-04.jpg

good video on how brain interpret reality. recommend to watch:

@Principium Nexus

Don't assume things you don't really know.

For example: L.S.D. is a serotonin receptor agonist (5-HT 2A receptor especially), this is proven by scientific experiments. You can't just say hypotheses about it.

"They disable the thalamus" is only a naive way to explain things and it's very far from what's really going on.

Eitherway that doesn't prove that reality is any kind of hallucinations.

Emotions are relative, yes we agree on that.

I will use Leo's way of explaining reality: "it's paradoxical, it's counterintuitive, it's pure magic". Of course that doesn't make any sense, but it doesn't have to do because Leo said that.

However, you need to do the research before you go follow anyone.

Good luck.

@Monkey-man

You're only imagining things, you're only believing what they told you. These things has nothing to do with the Truth.

@Nahm

I never tried any, but that's not how the research is done. Have you tried physical death? Go try that too then comeback and tell me about it.

I'm aware. What if they cause a damage to my brain? I will never take the risk for things I don't need to do.

@Truth

When enlightenment people have no answer.

@Mahmoud Bishr Kebbeh you’re talking about something you have no experience with, and short changing yourself with assumptions and believe. Contemplate why you mentioned physical death. You might find your way to a major breakthrough if you can connect your dots. 

Again, you claim something has nothing to do with the truth, asserting you know the truth....so what is it?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You don't need to inject cocaine to know whether it's addictive or not. Same goes for psychedelics, I don't need to trip on them to have nice or bad hallucinations to know whether they cause hallucinations or not. It's true, they cause hallucinations which feel so real. You may have wings through some trip! Does that give you wings? Or make you fly?

I don't know the truth yet, I'm seeking it. But clearly your way is not the proper way.

@Nahm

@Mahmoud Bishr Kebbeh You are talking about a subject you actually have no experience in. Consider where your perspective comes from then, as it’s not from you’re own personal experience. It’s critical to be able to make the distinctions between beliefs, assumptions, and experience. It is hard to believe in your current paradigm, that it is a paradigm. I know, I was once in the same paradigm. I have experienced both. Don’t shoot yourself in the foot!! ❤️  Contemplate what a paradigm is.  It’s unbelievably worthwhile. 

@Nahm

Alright, sweet flimsy dreams to all of you!

@Mahmoud Bishr Kebbeh

“I don't know the truth yet, I'm seeking it.”

No, you’re not. You’re telling people what it is, and referencing things you know absolutely nothing about. 

If you can admit this to yourself, you’re seeking the truth.

@Soulbass

Thanks for the video. I never watched it before.

Wish me good luck, and thanks for everyone here, I'm trying to be very objective and I'm honest with myself.

@Nahm

Edited by Mahmoud Bishr Kebbeh