Shroomdoctor

Deciding to take hobby's seriously

12 posts in this topic

Okay for about a year now, I tried singing, on and off, always half assed. Now I just bought an epic mic and audio interface to work with. I decided the following: "If I am going to do it, and I want to do it, I will do it right."  I always quit things, because I told myself I can't do it anyways. I told myself it is not worth the investment. I told myself I don't have time. And then I dabbled.  But really, if you dabble, you could just not start to begin with, because the result is going to be the same.

Just my thought of the day.

Knock em dead bro! Post your progress on the Life Purpose art thread. You can do it!!

Yeah nice bro! Good shit! 

I made a solid decision recently. I've talked about busking on my piano keyboard for awhile now, but just haven't done anything about it. I realised my life purpose earlier this year, and busking literally gets to the heart of it. To share my art and inspire others. I'm not launching into this to make money - that's surely nice. But really, I'm doing it to actualise. To share my gift, my work, the passion that I pour into this instrument. It can't remain dormant, shared only with my self in the evenings. It hit me like a Bruce Lee punch to the face, that I can literally actualise my life purpose, right now. 

So, I'm doing it properly, and with no holding back financially or personally. Bought the best keyboard, best amp, a stand, chair, a chest for the tips. I'll dress the part, and even burn some incense to flirt with the senses.

Good to hear you're embracing your passions, I'll let you know I'm right here with you! If you're going to do something, may as well fucking do the thing like it's the last thing you'll ever do.. ya know?

Cheers mate, and all the best rom NZ!

Edited by St Clair

@St Clair Can I hear some of your playing? I also want to realize my potential on the piano, but there are still things which hold me back and keep me from committing to it fully.

@HII Yeah for sure man! This is one of my first compositions, that I've only recently been able to play to its full potential. My style has evolved a lot but check it out anyway.

Cheers! (In fact I just noticed I'm wearing the same shirt as my bio haha)

Edited by St Clair

All these equipment you bought will remind you each day why you bought them at the first place

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Shroomdoctor I love your post. I’ve been singing for a long time. I made use of a ‘bridge’ I discovered. I learned about vocal warm ups and breathing to stretch out the diaphragm, and how the pitch is controlled there, not in the throat. A solid ‘practice’ in life, to connect, is to breath from the stomach 24/7. It’s a game changer in life, and after some number of days, it’s a total game changing for singing. Not that I am a great singer, cause ‘eye of the beholder’, but because it played a role in my liberation from the talent paradigm. A way to express my perspective now, is there are singers who are singing from their diaphram, and there are singers who still believe in talent. Also, when singing, the sound board or register of stomach, chest, and head MUST be engaged. The practice of this in singing leads to a new awareness of the body in general. Best of luck to you!!!!  One more misc thought....have you learned guitar yet? Being able to go on a solo retreat, and just play and sing alone, man, I have no words. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Explore your passions fully.  This is how you learn about your authentic self.  Start to keep a notebook about things that resonate with you.  This will help you do Life Purpose work too.  The Mind likes to smokescreen the authentic self.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Thanks for all the positivity! I am waiting like a kid on Christmas for the mail :D 

Even if someone would find hobbys to be silly and useless, there are plenty of things to be learned from any journey taken seriously. The obstacles are most often the same and that goes for the learning process as well. So I recommend really trying your best with singing and maybe something will come out of it. First you can find the great joy and beauty in hobbies, relationships or whatever and that really is amazing. And then transfer that into your life purpose and everything, but singing can be your life purpose now.