Viking

How do I get unstuck in contemplation?

9 posts in this topic

I sometimes get in that great space of mind when I watch a vid of Leo's for example and I find a contemplation subject. Sometimes I start to contemplate but often that space of mind gets lost and I cant seem to advance in my contemplation. What seems so effortless and enjoyable in that space of mind becomes a chore outside of it. I just get disinterested and want to pass on to do something else.

Also extremely often I cant seem to find any contemplation subjects. I think to myself what do I have to think about and nothing comes up, my mind becomes blank. I have something to contemplate only if I get triggered by some material.

Write down the concept you will be contemplating.  E.g., Truth or Awake or Mind or Awareness or Being, etc.  Make sure you know what it is that you’re contemplating about.  That’s how you make progress.  You’re wiring-in awareness.  You don’t wanna be off-track not having a particular goal in mind.  I wouldn’t say that’s wasted time, it’s just not focused time.  We wanna be focused — like a fire-hose delivering a lot of water to a very specific region, rather than being like rain which covers everything but has no real targeted effect.  Be more like a fire-hose than rain!  Haha.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Maybe u should learn about why this inattention is happening.

Its good that u notice this inattention in progresss 

Maybe u know deep down that what ever content is being communicated to u is limited. 

Maybe u want something more. 

Maybe it just doesn’t seem to have real value to you. 

Who knows why.. If you don’t know yourself then what chance is there in knowing what u want? 

This sounds like contradictory thoughts you are having. Thought being fragmented becomes conflicted because each fragment is pursuing something in a specific direction contrary to another. One fragment wants success another wants freedom from desire. 

Do u see this contradiction? 

I would learn this movment of thought “psychological content of the yourself” and in this inquiry the mind will become quiet. These contradictions of thought will cease by objective observation. In this observation motives and intentions will reaveal themselves and you will be able to negate what motives and intentions are not genually valued. 

The capacity to attend, and the quality of a quiet mind are essential in abilty to avoid  distractions. 

@Faceless I understood that theres a contradiction but didnt understand how to solve it

Stop clinging to the limiting-belief that you are stuck.  That is false.  You are always response-able.  You always have a way to move your piece forward.  Nothing is holding you back but your belief that you can't act until you solve some non-existent problem.  Do you see this?  All blocks are illusory.  What makes them real is only your believing that they're real.  This is a nasty trap that the Mind pulls.  You gotta be able to see through this deeply -- both theoretically and in the moment when the issue pops up.  When you develop this kind of awareness, you'll see that all blocks and resistance are illusions of the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Stop clinging to the limiting-belief that you are stuck.  That is false.  You are always response-able.  You always have a way to move your piece forward.  Nothing is holding you back but your belief that you can't act until you solve some non-existent problem.  Do you see this?  All blocks are illusory.  What makes them real is only your believing that they're real.  This is a nasty trap that the Mind pulls.  You gotta be able to see through this deeply -- both theoretically and in the moment when the issue pops up.  When you develop this kind of awareness, you'll see that all blocks and resistance are illusions of the Mind.

Very interesting. Thank you

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 12/2/2017 at 10:59 AM, Ilya said:

Sometimes I start to contemplate and I advance in my contemplation.

I pass on to do something else.

Yes. 

If your mind goes blank we’ll thats good. If u feel that u are easily distracted and this “contemplation” becomes a chore then figure out why u are contemplating that specific question. Maybe it’s not what u want..Maybe this inquiry or contemplation is only of interest because you haven’t questionsed the motive or intention behind it.. 

What is the ground of it?

What am I trying to get out of that question? And so on.

Motive honestly revealed is essential. If you are bouncing from interest to interest but not staying with one very long and start to wonder” inner cometary and compulsive thinking” then maybe you might want to limit activities that tend to bring about a mechanical movement within your thinking. 

Just limit distractions like media, habits, entertainment, and so on, temporarily. This tends to quiet the mind and gives one the energy needed to inquire into such questions. 

But if your are in this blank state than what’s the problem...Besides a glass that is empty has room for somthing new. 

And remember when it comes to contemplation of the self the one who contemplates is contemplation 

Lol..This is a rather common issue 

good luck friend 

Edited by Faceless