Viking

give me your opinions about fasting for spiritual purposes

11 posts in this topic

Do you think it's necessary? Do you think it's extremely effective or not at all? is it true that after a fast you dont have cravings, so you can easily reorganize your diet to a healthy one? Does it make the mind more clear?

@Ilya Try 16/8 for a month and tell us. I think it is rather effective, am trying to get back to it. I would say it gives +50% awareness/conciousness if you are a newbie on the spiritual path like me.

Edited by Alex K

You cant reach enlightnment, by anything you do outside, the work is inside. Save the effort@Ilya

@Ilya

Stop eating after 7:00PM. Drink only liquid juices and smoothies from 4AM - 12 noon and a lot of water. Solid food only after 12PM. Report results.

@Nahm  in the mornings I had stomach aches because of the hunger, it distracted me.

@AleksM's juice idea sounds interesting, I might try that.

What are the benefits of this way of eating exactly? im not interested at all in burning fat or anything like that, just being healthier. I recon it's mostly being used to burn fat.

I am also doing a 16/8 although it varies, sometimes its more like 15/9 or 18/6 even. I had as much progress as never before in the last month, this is surely not even the main reason for that, but it helped for sure.

@Ilya
There is a certain clarity when you are at like 14-16 hours without anything to eat. It is very subtle can't tell very much about it.