Ether

Why Do You Meditate?

7 posts in this topic

Destimulating my mind and silent mind.

Doorway to true being.
As for the effects for my body and mind, how can I ever start telling about the benefits of it for me when they influence every single instant of my life.

Meditation calms the internal tide of being , disciplines the monkey mind, Gets rid of mental constructs and abstractions , Centers focus. Clears awareness. Improves concentration ,Lowers blood pressure. Improves visualization, Improves intent.

That and so much more. Essentially meditation empty's you out so you can experience the good stuff. Experiencing reality is not about being full it is about becoming a empty vessel that can be filled with any experience at any time.

To illustrate this , I view a person As large ceramic vase 4 foot high so. Normally  the vase can be filled with water and a lot of it. What meditation does is develops a crack in your vase so that the water flows out almost as fast as it pores in.  Meditation empties your awareness so that you can experience the present moment fully. The water is experience yet there is no past there is no future there is only the water of NOW flowing though your empty awareness.

Hope that helps that is the best I can do. 

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

Because if you don't, you'll just stay inconscious.

Inconscious lifestly is:

• Smoking because it's cool (Cancer)
  • Getting married because society says you should (Unhappy marriage and kids with mental issues)
  • Having lots of sex with random people because it shows  you're cool (STD/unwanted children)
  • Being rich, whatever the cost (neurosis)
  • Being famous, whatever the cost (neurosis)
  • Watching TV and playing video games all day (no time for self reflection)
  • Junk Food (Health/Energy issues, also cancer)
  • Watching/hear news all the time, and gossip about it (hate, ignorance and distress).
  • Thinking about past and future all the time (suffering)
  • Inconscious people tends (for the most part) to be closed-minded (hate, ignorance and suffering).
  • They almost never take responsabilities for they actions (suffering)
  • And they don't try to be their best self (suffering)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It feels like the right thing to do. For no specific reason actually. I let the meditation do it's magic. 

Edited by Vitamine Water

The art is to look without looking