Peter Zemskov

Feel Sleepy During Mediation

7 posts in this topic

I've been meditating 10 min a day for a year now and now I sometimes feel sleepy during meditation. I'm not falling asleep but feels like I'm starting to dream and lose conciousness for about a second. First I thought that that's because I need some sleep/rest but today before meditating I was active and energetic but I still got sleepy during, after meditation. Any tips how to stay more awake? 

1. Sit with your spine erect
  2. Meditate at the time of the day when you are the most alive
  3. Eat a whole-foods plant based diet
  4. Practice yoga daily

test this out for a week and tell us what happened

All good suggestions above. I will just add: get used to it. Boredom and sleepiness are one of the mind's best defense mechanisms against Truth, so it will use them often on this path.

It might take you a year or more to work all that "sleepiness stuff" out of your system. Sleepiness is not just sleepiness. Sleepiness is loaded with a bunch of psychological issues and neuroses. It will gradually get purged as you keep up with your practice.

But, also, of course, make sure you're getting enough sleep at night and don't eat anything for at least a few hours before you meditate. Nothing like a full stomach to make you sleepy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All good suggestions above. I will just add: get used to it. Boredom and sleepiness are one of the mind's best defense mechanisms against Truth, so it will use them often on this path.

It might take you a year or more to work all that "sleepiness stuff" out of your system. Sleepiness is not just sleepiness. Sleepiness is loaded with a bunch of psychological issues and neuroses. It will gradually get purged as you keep up with your practice.

But, also, of course, make sure you're getting enough sleep at night and don't eat anything for at least a few hours before you meditate. Nothing like a full stomach to make you sleepy.

I think what you're saying is true because last week I'm less curious then normal in my daily life. I used to be very curious and eager to watch your videos but now I'm kinda more pragmatic and just get bored while watching them. I understand the importance of watching these videos but I'm just not interested by them and feels like I would rather play some video games. Then I have to moralize to myself which never ends up well. Don't get me wrong I still am very curious and watch your episodes on a weekly bases, I'm just describing my GENERAL mood this week.