Ether

Dont Spend Years On Meditation When You Can Do This

25 posts in this topic

Why spend years on meditation, and that the outcome you want isnt even guaranteed anyway (but nothing is) when you can take a much quicker effort?

I basicly disbelieved all the thoughts that were bothering me in 4 months (but it could have been faster). How? Analyse and eximine the thought you have.

For example. Ask your mind questions, get the thought and examine it. THats it. And your guide can be Noah Elkrief.

I learned everything from him and mostly by my mentor (who learned from him.

Here is a couple videos from him:

Here, at 33 minutes he gives you some questions to disbelieve your self image\ego.

Leo, this for you too.

H

@Ether The irony is that Noah spent his WHOLE life meditating, since he was like 6 years old.

LOL

There are no shortcuts here. No one technique is gonna give you mastery over your mind.

Do what your teachers do, not what they say.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Ether The irony is that Noah spent his WHOLE life meditating, since he was like 6 years old.

LOL

There are no shortcuts here. No one technique is gonna give you mastery of your mind.

Lmao. I know but it didnt give him enlightnment. What happened is that he got a realization while meditating. Its different then doing meditation.

Yes, one technique can master your brain. I already did. Im almost there. Have you tried it?

@Ether Right... and Tiger Woods didn't spend years training, he's just blessed to get holes-in-one.

There is big difference between mastering your mind, and thinking you've mastered your mind ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Ether Right... and Tiger Woods didn't spend years training, he's just blessed to get holes-in-one.

There is big difference between mastering your mind, and thinking you've mastered your mind ;)

Look, you can spend years meditating and not reach anywhere.

But the most efficient thing you can do, is you can get knowledge and go to the root of the problem. I dont have a lot of knowledge like you and Noah, but im pretty much almost enlightned. I justn needed fundamental knowledge and know how to exercise the power of disbelieving the thoughts. The rest is history.

@Ether Just don't believe your thoughts then. It's that simple, lol. 

I don't think enlightenment will come that easily, though.  

If you have to ask "How?" for knowing how to not believe thoughts rather than meditating and self-inquiring, I'd take that as a sign that you're in dire need of meditation and self-inquiry.

Edit: Misread your post. I didn't realize that was in past tense, sorry. 

Edited by username

Just now, username said:

If you have to ask "How?" for knowing how to not believe thoughts rather than meditating and self-inquiring, I'd take that as a sign that you're in dire need of meditation and self-inquiry.

I already have all the info I need.

2 minutes ago, username said:

@Ether Nvm, then. Congrats on mastery

Not quite there yet. There is still some thing i could learn, and i havent reached enlightnment.

@Ether How do you know what you what you don't know?

Also, what do you mean when you're claiming to be close to enlightenment? People mean different things when they say that. Have you had enlightenment experiences?

5 minutes ago, username said:

@Ether How do you know what you what you don't know?

Also, what do you mean when you're claiming to be close to enlightenment? People mean different things when they say that. Have you had enlightenment experiences?

Yes, i had multiple realizations. I know the truth. I disbelieved almost every thought that bother me. I still have few likes those left. And the rest is knowledge that keeps popping on my head or music lyrics. Its ok ,its a process.

How do i know what i dont know? Because i still have  doubts?

2 hours ago, Ether said:

Lmao. I know but it didnt give him enlightnment. What happened is that he got a realization while meditating. Its different then doing meditation.

you're still pretty lost.

enlightenment is not the result of something specific like a particular technique or event. enlightenment is the result of a LONG process of existential inquiry and contemplation.

eckhard tolle, for instance, woke up enlightened after an episode of deep awakening during the night. but his enlightenment was a result of DECADES of suffering and depressing existential crisis.

don't meditate? what a terrible advice.
the life of an enlightened master IS meditation.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

Over the years, I’ve had realizations that I thought “this is it!”. Or, at least a component of it. Yet, those realizations eventually fell to the wayside as a new teacher entered and I experienced new realizations, which eventualky fell to the wayside. . . 

For me, most of the thinking, conceptualization and patting myself on the back is a form of mental masterbation.

My first *real* experiences came after decades of seeking in which every thought, belief and self identity was stripped away from me as I struggled like hell for control. They were the most terrifying, humbling and liberating experiences of my life. Full on insanity with temptations to kill myself - as this would be the only way to regain control and make it stop.

I can’t relate to anyone skipping along joyfully as they sing a song of their knowledge and enlightenment. It’s so different than my direct experience. 

Edited by Serotoninluv

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

8 hours ago, username said:

Look at those two sentences again. You are telling someone that it's simple to not believe your thoughts, and the very next thing is believing your thought. Hehe! Not that easy then!

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo You can make statements without falling into that trap. It's perfectly okay to say, "I think X."

Just be conscious of what a thought is. You don't have to quit speaking like a normal person.

Edit: I'd like to clarify that it is indeed not easy. If I were to completely break identification with the mind, I'd be enlightened. I still stand by the fact that is simple, which is not the same as easy.  

Edited by username

3 minutes ago, username said:

@Dodo You can make statements without falling into that trap. It's perfectly okay to say, "I think X."

Ofcourse it's ok to say "I think X", I am not saying it's not ok.

What I am suggesting is that you are giving wisdom that you are not following yourself. 

It has been said many times, Enlightenment doesn't come, it is here now. Yet you still doubt "it" will "come". What if this is the very fog preventing you from seeing? Future enlightenment is NOT enlightenment. There is only now.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟