Psyche_92

Is This "my" Goal

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

If "my voice" is creating concepts and beliefs about truth and reality.

Is it then "my voice" "i" have to quiet down and ultimately eliminate?

Edited by Psyche_92

Quieting down the voice is the liberation of suffering. But I dont think It's a life purpose.

You have to know and experience truth and reality, then the mind with it's concepts will slow down. Some part of reality requires concepts, but most of it doesn't. There are higher intelligence's to know the world with, far more superior as well.

''Is it then "my voice" "i" have to quiet down and ultimately eliminate?'' You can quiet it down, but it can never be eliminated, the voice is part of the mind, it produces thoughts etc, which no one can absolutely eliminate. Use it where it fits, that's why it's there, for survival and navigating one's life.

You can't kill ego, you can't kill the voice, you can't kill the mind, you can't kill your thoughts. The quest is to realise their true nature and how you can live with them, become friends with them. This is true freedom.

The art is to look without looking 

No. Enlightenment is realizing you are not the mind. Then it won't matter whether it churns out 1 thought or 100 thoughts per minute. They're seen as just thoughts. Though it will very likely be quiet because there's no use to thinking as much as people do.

Love ya,
Markus