Wes Thoughts

Quitting My Career To Pursue Enlightenment Full Time!

28 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Blissout said:

OP, the last thing you should do is listen to this community.

If you want to become enlightenment follow the practice/teachings of an enlightenment person.

No one on this forum is truly enlightenment.

What does it mean to be truly enlightened?

It's hard to do anything if you don't focus on it completely.  If you divide your efforts between this and a career it's going to be hard.  I choose jobs that don't pay much but allow me to meditate for most of the time I am at work.  If you can let go of money and life and everything competely then it seems obvious that is the best choice.  Almost all of the people we know of that really became enlightened didn't hedge their bets at all, most of them gave up completely everything.   Some of the old masters like Ramana would say you shouldn't give up your worldly life, but they also didn't live in such a mentally complicated landscape dominated by technological distractions.  Ramana himself gave up literally everything including his own life.

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What does it mean to be truly enlightened?

the end of suffering.

the complete annihilation of the ego (manonasa)

24/7 bliss-love-happiness-joy

Kundalini has transcended to the crown forever.

Hi. Well, you are the only one who can receive the intuitive guidance as to what to do about focusing on spiritual growth for several months. Obviously, everOne’s path is different. Trust that you will receive clear insights about this (and everything else) when you need them.

It might help if you take a look at my opinion as to what spiritual awakening actually is. I have an essay about this on my website and I also posted a little about that elsewhere on this forum.

The Loving Heart of Enlightenment
A summary overview of spiritual awakening in simple, clear English
https://infinitelymystical.com/essays/the-loving-heart-of-enlightenment.html

Best wishes, Thomas Razzeto

Edited by Thomas Razzeto

You are not required to quit your job or career to become Enlightened. Sadhguru was a very successful businessman when he got Enlightened suddenly without even trying to chase it. As you see you don't choose anything... it just happens with your life!

On 2017-10-15 at 0:21 PM, egoless said:

You are not required to quit your job or career to become Enlightened. Sadhguru was a very successful businessman when he got Enlightened suddenly without even trying to chase it. As you see you don't choose anything... it just happens with your life!

I think sadhguru is an odd case, he were a special child in the sense that he was a mystic and didn't attend school. I think you need some time for contemplation etc at least 2h a day worked well for me. But when you're close to trancending it will take over your whole life and become the most important thing. That's my case anyways. Just do whatever you want to and you will learn, when one way of life becomes dull a new path opens upp etc. Just get used to crazy changes of mindset in short amounts of time. 

On 13/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, Blissout said:

No one on this forum is truly enlightenment.

And who is truly enlightenment?

6lyjmpj8smd51.jpgQuitting my career to chase the wind.

Bro the only thing you will find is the truth. Then you might be sorry....

Be time efficient take psychs or meditate... But know this once you find yourself you will again be one with this ego.. And it's problems and poorer.

If you are really wanting to get enlightened go to a monastery.But you need to let go of your desires. Control,women,money,whatever it is. 

Otherwise failure would surely follow.

Also know that true enlightment is irreversible and you might regret it later.

Thats why i suggest a few awakenings first, see that reality is imagination,illusion if you like that then go on.

Edited by Bulgarianspirit