Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blissout

Question To Leo About Celibacy

9 posts in this topic

Hi Leo,

Will not practicing celibacy (having sex and masturbation)

Stop one from getting enlightenment? assuming one is practicing self inquiry daily?

Edited by Blissout

nothing to do with it. you can fap all you want.

it's first you're enlightened then you dont want that much sex anymore because it's not as joyful as other stuff (of course depends).

@Ilya

I think it works slightly different. Some get a rush with libido and suddenly have more sex because all the energies that were blocked and all the limiting beliefs are gone. ( I've heard Osho was one of those, but don't quote me on that).

Others who used sex to 'become' happy might experience a decrease in libido and keep it at one partner.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

From my own experience I can say that it was - and still is - immensely helpful in my process of growing up and out of ego to be free from the addiction to have orgasms and to desire sexual contact.

This talk from Sadhguru I find very important. "To move from a compulsive human being to a conscious human being."

Try going without any sexual interaction for a week and see if you can do it. If you can, good for you. Try it for another week. If not, why is it so difficult to abstain?

Edited by RicoD

I went a solid 3 or 4 months with no sex or masturbation and admittedly the effects were far more significant that I would have originally thought.  I had greater focus, more awareness and sensitivity to my emotions, thoughts, and feelings.  It was very helpful.  I broke the period with sex and the sex caused me to fall into my old habits somewhat, but I'm working to get back to abstaining for a while.  Once you go for a while your urges go down significantly and you don't even care that much for sex.  It's actually very freeing considering it's all I used to think about practically.  

@Blissout You can realize enlightenment without changing anything regarding your behavior. (a meditation practice is needed in the beginning though, but that's all that's needed). I'm speaking from first hand experience, I have realized enlightenment 3 years ago.

But when it comes to embodyment, I would say that not masturbating or having sex frequently is a must. Probably not celibacy, but like an ejaculation once a month would be an optimum (heard that from a zen master, that allowed his students to have an ejacualtion once a month). The low end would be once every 14 days.  

2 hours ago, AleksM said:

@Blissout You can realize enlightenment without changing anything regarding your behavior. (a meditation practice is needed in the beginning though, but that's all that's needed). I'm speaking from first hand experience, I have realized enlightenment 3 years ago.

But when it comes to embodyment, I would say that not masturbating or having sex frequently is a must. Probably not celibacy, but like an ejaculation once a month would be an optimum (heard that from a zen master, that allowed his students to have an ejacualtion once a month). The low end would be once every 14 days.  

What's the different between "realize enlightenment" and "embodyment"?

Thanks

@Blissout

Realizing enlightenment means realizing your True nature (being). At this stage you disidentify with thoughts, your mind becomes still (thoughtless mind), you recognize the center from which everything comes into existence, you transcend the sense world....but the behaviour is still not fully aligned with the center and so you then start the process of embodyment( so your entire body reprograms itself to be in perfect alignment with this realization and center).

Embodyment cannot happen if you don't use super powers. With the realization some super powers Will become activated but still one is in ignorance about those and so one needs to learn how to apply those to reality, which requires observation (to fully grasp what those super powers even do)  trough long periods of time and a lot of time to fully process and integrate.

Realization = mind becomes still (99,9% silent mind with no mental sounds), emotions can still fluctuate, addictions can still be present (depending on how much personal development one did prior to the realization), behavior is not yet aligned to bring one into center (from which the True Self can manifest everything by Devine Will), the breathing rhythm is automatically slow but can get out of sync.

Embodyment = no addictions, centered, being able to manifest whatever, emotions are so good, it's better than orgasming 24/7, feels like you're a God, breathing is automatically very very slow and nothing brings it out of this rhythm in comparison with the realization when something can distort it's rhythm. Kundalini is fully awakened and it stays that way. Highest Creativity is active and nothing can stop it.

This is what came to mind. This comes from first hand experience, nobody told me this. I have experienced periods that lasted for a few weeks that were like this full embodyment and It was God like, like literally, I was feeling and acting like a God.

Hopefully I Will come to full embodyment by age 30. I'm 22 now.

20 hours ago, AleksM said:

@Blissout

Realizing enlightenment means realizing your True nature (being). At this stage you disidentify with thoughts, your mind becomes still (thoughtless mind), you recognize the center from which everything comes into existence, you transcend the sense world....but the behaviour is still not fully aligned with the center and so you then start the process of embodyment( so your entire body reprograms itself to be in perfect alignment with this realization and center).

Embodyment cannot happen if you don't use super powers. With the realization some super powers Will become activated but still one is in ignorance about those and so one needs to learn how to apply those to reality, which requires observation (to fully grasp what those super powers even do)  trough long periods of time and a lot of time to fully process and integrate.

Realization = mind becomes still (99,9% silent mind with no mental sounds), emotions can still fluctuate, addictions can still be present (depending on how much personal development one did prior to the realization), behavior is not yet aligned to bring one into center (from which the True Self can manifest everything by Devine Will), the breathing rhythm is automatically slow but can get out of sync.

Embodyment = no addictions, centered, being able to manifest whatever, emotions are so good, it's better than orgasming 24/7, feels like you're a God, breathing is automatically very very slow and nothing brings it out of this rhythm in comparison with the realization when something can distort it's rhythm. Kundalini is fully awakened and it stays that way. Highest Creativity is active and nothing can stop it.

This is what came to mind. This comes from first hand experience, nobody told me this. I have experienced periods that lasted for a few weeks that were like this full embodyment and It was God like, like literally, I was feeling and acting like a God.

Hopefully I Will come to full embodyment by age 30. I'm 22 now.

Thank you very much for your honesty! this question should have been directed to you instead as you seem to have permanent results ;)