Zippie

What Keeps You Driven To Keep Going Through The Process Of Enlightenment?

13 posts in this topic

Trying to become enlightened whilst also dealing with my little addictions (Junk food, news, etc.) and stressful life situation is overwhelming me right now. I'm at the point where thoughts of suicide are starting to feel like a real option for me if I'm being honest. What keeps you following through with concentration practice, self-inquiry, and life responsibilities when you feel like you just wanna run away from it all?

Enlightenment will take you far in the other direction from suicide.  So, you are looking into the right stuff.

@Zippie Don't you wanna know what reality is?

Don't make this journey about yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I honestly hope so, but that hope often  doesn't feel strong enough to push me through this process.

just watch more of leo's videos, man, start self actualizing, just by setting the right goals you will have more motivation. Pursuing after enlightenment only doesnt work in my experience, you gotta have emotional mastery and other stuff covered too. with more wisdom your desire will increase. I really suggest to start meditating if you dont already do so. regarding other stuff look up this vid, it helped me during tough times 

@Zippie Just the very fact that I'm in my 20s and probably gonna live 50 more years if I don't die by some accident or kill myself. It would be a total disgrace to wake up in the morning everyday with a shear disgust for life, hating my life and playing victim all the way....for 50 years. This image itself gives me a shock to get out of everyday mindlessness and practice attention & sincerity starting now! Two valid ways to overcome addictions and move more towards high conscious life.
1) Get really serious with self inquiry. Not just a 30 minute meditation session. You must self inquire dozens of time a day for few minutes. Just the questioning and resting in curiosity unhooks a lot of your limiting beliefs instantly. Question everything! All the recurring thoughts, your self image, your past story, your future expectations every single thing! Start reading "I AM THAT" By Maharaj and watch your life transforming through honest investigation. Also when cravings arise for a certain thing, immediately contemplate death and realize it's not gonna save you from misery. Understand that the object of addiction really has no inherent pleasure or purpose in it. It's you who have attached some sense, meaning, taste for that object.

2) Choose the path of unconditional self love and self acceptance. Go all the way with love love love! If you think that's enough love, time to give even more sincere love! Sincerely repeat "I love you" thousands of time a day with each breath and shower your heart with love! When cravings arise, say "This is the most loving thing I can do to my body and to myself" and engage in that addiction wholeheartedly, lovingly! Don't bring shame or other conflicting feeling. Just love and be an addict and see the distaste you grow for those addictions within weeks! :D I recommend Matt Kahn. Start with this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFS84Jp1qfc
Start the Love revolution. Keep listening to Matt Kahn Lectures from 'True Divine Nature" youtube channel.

You get the idea. Choose a line of work and go full board with it! Right now I'm all down with Maharaj and Matt Kahn. The state you are in is a painful one. I myself am recovering from it! All the best to us :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom has a nice explanation of this

From my experience, the best place to start if you are having these types of thoughts is learning about/practicing loving and accepting yourself. The bigger concepts of enlightenment can be put on hold, they might not be beneficial to you until you focus on loving and accepting yourself. Intentially turn inward, learn about acceptance, then seek to fix what is happening there by questioning your beliefs about yourself. The external will follow, inner love comes first. Leo has some good videos on self-love & acceptance, try those out, listen and contemplate each day until you are ready for the next step. :)

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

17 hours ago, Zippie said:

@Joseph Maynor I honestly hope so, but that hope often  doesn't feel strong enough to push me through this process.

Instead of just entertaining the desire to commit suicide, inquire the feelings and thoughts that makes you think you really want that.
It's only scary the first few times, after that you will see it as a joke.

If you don't, you will likely be sadder and sadder to the point you would actually, for real try to commit suicide, just like every people who fear to inquire within.
It's just a perspective, as hard it may feels, it's a temporary feeling that will fade away in due time.

44cac858a91a6553612a1391601813ee--inspir

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Zippie Don't you wanna know what reality is?

Don't make this journey about yourself.

What a weird statement, I have no other reason than happiness, and to be honest I find it hard to imagine someone could have another reason.

OT: Progress and results that blow your expectations out the water, it get's way way easier over time because of this reason.

Enlightenment is a process.  You'll have different experiences, at different times, which will all change how you think and live dramatically.  It's cool.  It's very therapeutic.  It cleans all the garbage out of you.  But see, it also removes things that you like too.  So, be careful what you wish for.  Sometimes things are better left unsaid.  That is a personal value that each person has to decide for his or herself.  Some people are very drawn to truth and reality.  That's definitely in line with enlightenment.  If you want to get at what's really real, to see through all the illusions of life, perhaps you too would value enlightenment.  Some people probably don't want to do this.  It is a friggin' journey let me tell you.  And, there's nothing like it in life, so far as I can tell.  It's a unique journey, that's the best way to describe it.  A journey out of the illusion, and then back into it.  It hits the full-spectrum of emotions too, from the really high-ones to the really low-ones, and everything in-between.  You are finding your true-nature basically.  And yain't anything like you thought you were.  It's actually rather magnificent, how Being hides in plain-sight.  But, we get so caught up in the illusion of Ego to notice Being.  But Being is always there.  It's the one constant.  And Being is you.  Even when you die, Being survives.  The way we think about death is so wrong, so incorrect. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor