Revolutionary Think

Enlightened Family

7 posts in this topic

Leo said he knew some enlightened people so I'm wondering if an enlightened parent were to have a child how would that child grow up. Would that child be given a name or just told that he or she doesn't exist. Would they even want that child to have a personality or is that part of an ego. Would the child go into a meditation regiment and be told that all he or she sees around him or her is false and that they are part of a Universe where their is no such thing as good and evil.

It's really got me thinking. Does anyone else have any ideas. I'm thinking most likely enlightened people would have no children because not having them puts them in a state of not existing but, ironically even having the children does the same thing. So many paradoxes in this enlightenment stuff because absolute infinity includes everything so that means we exist and we don't at the same time... This stuff is extremely confusing. 

Enlightenment is all about realisation, graduation and liberation.  To be or not to be enlightened is a choice, not a compulsion.  The earth would still rotate at 24 hours a day, regardlessly.

6 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Would they even want that child to have a personality or is that part of an ego. Would the child go into a meditation regiment and be told that all he or she sees around him or her is false and that they are part of a Universe where their is no such thing as good and evil.

Enlightenment doesn't mean no personality. Enlightenment doesn't mean "no form".

At first stage, it all seems like an illusion - awakening of the mind.

Then you come back to the body for the full embodiment of enlightenment - that's as far as Im aware of through kundalini awakening.

Form isn't an illusion. God isn't beyond all, rather within all.

If a parent did what You described... do you think that would be a good way of parentimg? ;)

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

13 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Leo said he knew some enlightened people so I'm wondering if an enlightened parent were to have a child how would that child grow up. Would that child be given a name or just told that he or she doesn't exist. Would they even want that child to have a personality or is that part of an ego. Would the child go into a meditation regiment and be told that all he or she sees around him or her is false and that they are part of a Universe where their is no such thing as good and evil.

It's really got me thinking. Does anyone else have any ideas. I'm thinking most likely enlightened people would have no children because not having them puts them in a state of not existing but, ironically even having the children does the same thing. So many paradoxes in this enlightenment stuff because absolute infinity includes everything so that means we exist and we don't at the same time... This stuff is extremely confusing. 

Enlightenment is you don't exist, and You do exist, eternally. We can differentiate between reality and the illusion, and we can make a distinction between waking and dreaming, and we can be aware we are making those distinctions and that in reality there are no separations as there are no physical things. Good and evil are thoughts, not reality. Meditation slows thinking until eventual non-thinking. LIttle kids raised by a parent who is aware of these distinctions wouldn't have much to slow in their thinking. Perhaps as they get older, but not likely. I wouldn't tell a kid they are part of the universe, I would explain that the universe is a part of them, and I would elaborate on what I meant by "part", and "them". Enlightened people are light and the love. Of course they would have or not have kids, just like anyone or no one. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I like very much Nisargadatta's response:

Questioner: Should the type of dispassion which Maharaj is teaching us be taught to children?

Maharaj: No. If that's done, they'll have no ambition to grow further; they must have certain ambitions, certain desires, for their proper growth.

The one who has fully investigated himself, the one who has come to understand, will never try to interfere in the play of consciousness. There is no creator with a vast intellect as such; all this play is going on spontaneously. There's no intellect behind it, so don't try to impose yours to bring about any change; leave it alone. Your intellect is a subsequent product of this process, so how can your intellect take charge of or even evaluate, the whole creation? Investigate your self; this is the purpose of your being.

Spirituality is nothing more that understanding this play of consciousness -- try to find out what this fraud is by seeking its source.

13 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Byron Katie is an enlightened woman, and she has three children. She once told her daughter: 'I'm not your mother, mother yourself.' Although it felt harsh for the daughter, the daughter later said that that was the best gift she got from her mother. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Toby said:

I like very much Nisargadatta's response:

Questioner: Should the type of dispassion which Maharaj is teaching us be taught to children?

Maharaj: No. If that's done, they'll have no ambition to grow further; they must have certain ambitions, certain desires, for their proper growth.

The one who has fully investigated himself, the one who has come to understand, will never try to interfere in the play of consciousness. There is no creator with a vast intellect as such; all this play is going on spontaneously. There's no intellect behind it, so don't try to impose yours to bring about any change; leave it alone. Your intellect is a subsequent product of this process, so how can your intellect take charge of or even evaluate, the whole creation? Investigate your self; this is the purpose of your being.

Spirituality is nothing more that understanding this play of consciousness -- try to find out what this fraud is by seeking its source.

This is immensely insightful, not just in the scope of raising children.

It pretty much summarizes the entire detachment issue, and the question of whether we're supposed to retreat into a cave and meditate for the rest of our lives. We are in a "play of consciousness" - play on.