Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Visitor

Do You Follow Sheep?

7 posts in this topic

I just came back, alone, from cycling with old friends. This cycling group, like so many other groups, are so fearful of each others disapproval that they will compromise themselves to appear loyal. Many times, this group of ten or more, have started a ride to eventually either changed route or turned back because of two or more have changed their minds. This behaviour is similar to sheep or ducks following each other; as soon as one veers off course, those behind follow.

Conformity has bonded this cycling group from the start, but it has also alienated those without fear of being alone. Conformity has its negatives, and these oppose my authenticity, truth, and integrity; and I am willing to lose friendships because of it. I am not afraid of how others judge me, as they fear it themselves.

I will keep in tough with some of these old friends, but I had enough of their fearful ways when they come together as a group. Today they veered off course and I was left alone to follow the agreed route and rode it alone. They knew what happened when it happened but could not make themselves admit to the error and correct their previously agreed ride route. They also know that I am my own person and not a sheep.

I've been told by them before that they find it too difficult to not compromise their own integrity in case they will lose face by the others. Because of this, I have not lost their friendship on an individual level, but as a group, they are not who they are when alone.

What's the context here? 

Were you wearing pink leggings with purple polka dots? 

Edited by SFRL

I do think we need to compromise in relationships, within reason. If you just want to do your own thing do that, alone.

Edited by Spiral

It might be even worse than sheep....lemmings that follow each other off cliffs and shit.....

do they turn back out of fear or out of love? 

will keep in tough with some of these old friends, but I had enough of their fearful ways when they come together as a group. Today they veered off course and I was left alone to follow the agreed route and rode it alone.

what is the agreed route, what does it mean to you? 
what is 'the plan'?
isn't it what matters to be all together?
you have to keep in mind being spontaneous is not a bad thing per se, wanting to stick to the plan, what for?what feeling is behind that?

You could see them steering off course as being adventurous, being spontaneous, bringing surprise and excitement to the trip, you could this as an act of joy. 

or you could it as a betrayal of the agreed to plan, an act of fear by following the few who wanted to stray from the plan. 

I'm not saying one view is wrong or right, both views are right and are the truth, you create your own reality. 
it takes awhile to see that we are painting the landscape ourselves as we discover it. 
which perspective benefits you, which perspective allows you to explore and know yourself more
all I hope you to keep in mind is that you are the creator

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. 

Nobody can mould me in any form.

No one can put me into a mould and expect me to follow the status quo that is attributed to the mould. I am able to dissolve the mould.

So... it depends on the timeline.

Ultimatelly, I don't think it's that important if you are following the sheep or not. I think it's more important to dissolve the mould in which you get sucked into and not get trapped in it. Sometimes it's cool to get into the mould sometimes it isn't that's why dissolving it it's so important.

You can play the game as a lower self, higher self or formlessness that transcends all projected forms.  Most people play the lower self game most of the time with a few sprinkles of higher self here and there.

Don't get dogmatic about the higher truth, even if it's higher. You are a particle but also a wave.

If your in a group of people, it's important to recognize the patterns in people that sorround you. Comformity doesn't only have negatives it also has positives. 

You can hack the system from the inside using the same system. If your interested how to do that, you must find it yourself.

9 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

It might be even worse than sheep....lemmings that follow each other off cliffs and shit.....

xD 

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet