The White Belt

Keeping Photos Of Teachers

10 posts in this topic

I've noticed seekers and even mystics keeping photos of their teachers around.

Is their any point to doing this? Keeping images of ones dearest teachers around the house.

The obvious trap being falling into worship.

The benefit being, reminding one to abide in presence, and reminding one of what they aspire to.

Thoughts?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

If you are a seeker with social life then it is a benefit like seeing masters picture gives you more motivation to know truth and break free from chains. (He must also know he must not turn it to workship)

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Awesome guys. I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

Better than having pictures of naked ladies, cut out from magazines, on your bedroom wall... Right ;-)?!

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Nothing weird about that.
In fact, I have this one on my nightstand which I kiss good night every evening.

Leo.png

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@sgn Hahahaha!! O.o

― Shunryu Suzuki

26 minutes ago, sgn said:

In fact, I have this one on my nightstand which I kiss good night every evening.

Leo.png

I keep mine on the pillow next to me..:D

1 hour ago, sgn said:

Leo.png

Hallå

On 8/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, The White Belt said:

I've noticed seekers and even mystics keeping photos of their teachers around.

Is their any point to doing this? Keeping images of ones dearest teachers around the house.

The obvious trap being falling into worship.

The benefit being, reminding one to abide in presence, and reminding one of what they aspire to.

Thoughts?

Trap of falling into worship??

'God created to the universe to worship itself', love is the highest gift, use it.