Lord God

Why Do You Guys Bother Listening To Leo Anymore?

85 posts in this topic

When someone adheres to an idea or concept so it is a dogmatic belief the scope of it's influence is on the individual in limiting their ability to transcend the self's attachment to it and free the awareness to evolve to a selfless perspective. Yet when someone in this same circumstance is telling others that their dogmatic attachment is the "truth" or the "right way" or even the "only way" for others they are projecting a personal experience as a universal one.

So if someone is going around telling others what is truth, right or the only way on spiritual matters the scope of it's influence goes from being just the individual to potentially many more others. Spirituality is a very personal experience and teaching universal interpretations of experience does more to confuse than it does to clarify. If we were exploring physics then there are universal truths but this is spirituality so any "truth" we may discover are personal ones from our interpretation of experience.

How to call attention to this dynamic so sincere seekers will not allow themselves to fall into the mind trap of it without the awareness of it becoming another dogmatic concept the mind clings to can be a paradoxical situation. It's similar to the quandary of scaffolding and our ever evolving conscious being, our work is ongoing since we are always changing so the tools are useful but part of our work is to not look to the tools that help us work as being more than they are.

The work we are doing is in our conscious being through awareness.... if there is any spiritual truth that is universal, this would be it.

Edited by SOUL

I will listen to any person as long as they can teach me something or make me grow in any way I find meaningful. That's still the case with Leo.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Because he makes me funny in my pants.

tenor.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Lord God To be honest, I don't consider Leo to be my teacher. I enjoy listening to different perspectives but I don't think Leo can teach enlightenment. Leo had glimpse of God during 5Meo, but he hasn't done it through his own effort yet. He could be missing many insights about reality that he could've gotten otherwise had he done it manually. 

I consider Ramana Maharshi, Ramakrishna, and their disciples to be my gurus for enlightenment. They've gone through the whole process and they know what they're talking about. I don't consider Osho and Sadhguru to be enlightened either because they have huge followings. That's not to say, enlightened people can't have followers but with huge fame I would be highly suspicious. I say be very choosy about who you consider to be your guru because the wrong information can send you down the wrong path. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS