Joseph Maynor

What Are Some Techniques That You Have Found Useful For De-centering The Ego From The Sensory Field, The Field Of Experience?

10 posts in this topic

Smells are not my smells, yet smell sensations are Self-aware.

Sights are not my sights, get sight sensations are Self-aware.

Tastes are not my tastes, yet taste sensations are Self-aware.

Feelings are not my feelings, yet feeling sensations are Self-aware.

Sounds are not my sounds, yet sound sensations are Self-aware.

Thoughts are not my thoughts, get thought sensations are Self aware.  (You gotta distinguish the sensed aspect of a thought from the illusive thought-story.)

=> All of these experiences are Self-aware, yet none of them connect to an egoic self, to a me.

=> The me just is the individuated sensations, the Self, the field of sensory awareness.

How can I get rid of the egoic center that wants to be the pinwheel of all these experiences?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

45 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

=> All of these experiences are Self-aware, yet none of them connect to an egoic self, to a me.

Not sure what you mean by Self-aware, unless you mean AS the Self (awareness) you are aware OF them. Which is true and won't end, as long as you, awareness, are associated with the body. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Self-aware means the way that the perceptual field senses its contents of experience.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Anna1 Self-aware means the way that the perceptual field senses its contents of experience.

Oye, who/what are you defining as the perceptual field? Apparently, if its not what I said, then I do not understand.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

57 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How can I get rid of the egoic center that wants to be the pinwheel of all these experiences?

give up on trying to get rid of anything and just dive deeply in the experience while you breath mindfully.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Smells are not my smells, yet smell sensations are Self-aware.

I'm not sure if a rose knows it smells like a rose, but something here knows it.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Perhaps with the help of psychedelics, from what I read on here and also from Leo's vids. 

If you net 100 fish and take the best one or biggest and leave the rest.. To take the best and leave behind more than you can intake.   Live in the light/love 

You can't get rid of the ego, it's a fundamental part of the self.

A single worldly viewpoint does not allow for the organism/environment relationship. Thus when those die reality becomes a single point of view, that single point of view becomes the new ego. As a self aware ego it then can return to a dualistic state of being while maintaining the understanding that when it dies it evolves into an ego that is all things.

Simply put ego never dies, it just evolves. Getting rid of it is foolish, once you've noticed you have an ego it becomes aware of itself and will never concede it's existence.