Carl-Richard

How does an enlightened mind function?

27 posts in this topic

Gary Weber does not get talked about much, but he brings an important perspective on enlightenment that integrates modern neuroscience and it allows him to make very precise distinctions about how the enlightened mind functions. Very insightful interview.

 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i once heard him claim that he doesnt have any thoughts anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I think i once heard him claim that he doesnt have any thoughts anymore.

No mind, no problem.


𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I think i once heard him claim that he doesnt have any thoughts anymore.

Uhm yes, that's the title of the video. But do you know what that means?


Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Uhm yes, that's the title of the video. But do you know what that means?

I havent watched this video, but in the interview i watched years ago, he claimed to function without any thoughts. Silent mind 24/7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're lucky enough to come back at all eventually you return to normal.  But another dimension was unlocked and will stay open.   It might close back up a little but it remains unlocked. 

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

If you're lucky enough to come back at all eventually you return to normal.  But another dimension was unlocked and will stay open.   It might close back up a little but it remains unlocked. 

Bro you're talking about awakening. In enlighenment, you crack. You can literally read this off the person's brain. When they're sitting doing nothing, their default mode network is seemingly completely shut down. When a non-enlightened person sits and does nothing, their default mode network is still active.

Novice vs expert meditators DMN activation during meditation (span of about 4 minutes, red means increased activation, blue means decreased activation):

Screenshot_20261004_224113_YouTube.jpg

Gary Weber's DMN activation while doing nothing:

Screenshot_20261004_224130_YouTube.jpg

https://youtu.be/QeNmydIk8Yo?t=1962&is=2iySu3EnTc_exrNH

Look at the smooth exponential curve compared to even the 10,000-hour expert meditators. It's just complete cessation of mental activity.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Bro you're talking about awakening. In enlighenment, you crack. You can literally read this off the person's brain. When they're sitting doing nothing, their default mode network is seemingly completely shut down. When a non-enlightened person sits and does nothing, their default mode network is still active.

Novice vs expert meditators DMN activation during meditation (span of about 4 minutes, red means increased activation, blue means decreased activation):

Screenshot_20261004_224113_YouTube.jpg

Gary Weber's DMN activation while doing nothing:

Screenshot_20261004_224130_YouTube.jpg

https://youtu.be/QeNmydIk8Yo?t=1962&is=2iySu3EnTc_exrNH

Look at the smooth exponential curve compared to even the 10,000-hour expert meditations. It's just complete cessation of mental activity.

No. Im talking about enlightenment. What do you think is the difference? Can you explain to.me? I had enlightenment via meditation which I consider the sober way.  So maybe you would find this with my brain patterns.  But who cares about that?  I'm talking about how you function in everyday life.  That doesn't change.  Brain patterns ..well..I don't give it too much weight. I'm talking more about how your state of consciousness returns to normal

 

 

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

No. Im talking about enlightenment. What do you think is the difference? Can you explain to.me?

Awakening you return to normal. Enlightenment you stay expanded.

 

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

I had enlightenment via meditation which I consider the sober way.  So maybe you would find this with my brain patterns.  But who cares about that?  I'm talking about how you function in everyday life.  That doesn't change.  Brain patterns ..well..I don't give it too much weight. I'm talking more about how your state of consciousness returns to normal

If you were to just sit and do nothing right now for four minutes like those in the study above, will you have thoughts about self, thoughts about the past, the future, or will there be complete silence, being? If the former, you'd expect your brain to look something like the novice meditators above. If the latter, you would expect to look like Gary Weber's graph.


Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Awakening you return to normal. Enlightenment you stay expanded.

 

Yeah. And you would know right. Gonna take their word for it.  You stay expanded for a few months. 

Edited by Inliytened1

 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah. And you would know right. Gonna take their word for it.  You stay expanded for a few months. 

I'll take Gary's word for it, he gives me that energy. I don't really need a brain measurement, I have my own device 😆. It's just the brain measurements seem very convincing and insightful, in that they seem to actually be measuring the thing we're talking about quite accurately. Do you see that exponential graph? It's like flat lining. "Alright I'll do nothing" -> *brain goes wooooom*.

@Inliytened1 Bruh am I trippin, where's your green text.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

 

@Inliytened1 Bruh am I trippin, where's your green text.

I called it a cult.  A cult of personality.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I called it a cult.  A cult of personality.

Wuuut. You did the C-word self-nuke? 🙂‍↔️ When was this?


Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Wuuut. You did the C-word self-nuke? 🙂‍↔️ When was this?

My cult was looking at pussy as the Holy Grail . And since Leo gets no pussy he was obviously offended.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

My cult was looking at pussy as the Holy Grail . And since Leo gets no pussy he was obviously offended.

Bruh.


Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

I called it a cult.  A cult of personality.

Stop bullshitting.

You were posting offensive sexist things while drunk.

His demotion had nothing to do with cults.

And you are still posting sexist things even now.

You have some balls, blaming me for your ridiculous behavior.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I think i once heard him claim that he doesnt have any thoughts anymore.

I don't have any thoughts 90% of the time. It's a weird feeling to describe. I'm not as enlightened as this guy, but I can relate to that.


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cubbage said:

 

Dies-from-cringe-meme-3.jpg

He already said i could be back. And i do have to straighten out. My idea towards women is really fucked up.  That's why I have 300 and he has 5

 


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

He already said i could be back. And i do have to straighten out. My idea towards women is really fucked up.  That's why I have 300 and he has 5

 

Since when was it a numbers game? (Quality trumps quantity imo anyway)


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now