Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olaf

contradictions in spiritual new age teachings that don't get addressed

14 posts in this topic

tarot readers: I can read your future, but I can't make money or win a lottery

spiritual gurus: I am God, but I can't sustain myself without your donations

Manifestation teachers: Just manifest your dream life, just buy my coaching (aka create the teachers dream life *pyramid scheme)

spiritual letting go teachers: just let go, release and see your life change (your life doesn't change without action)

spiritual gurus: All you need is the "I am" just focus on God (spiritual bypassing, no accountability for practical day to day life)

And many many more, these are just examples and I thought of pointing them out, because we live in a crappy world where people lie about such things and actually just try to remain their frame of reality that is most beneficial towards making money. A spiritual teacher admiting his flaws would lead to him losing all of his followers so he just makes some nonsense up for things that he can't explain himself. I know, because I did the same thing too. I think it is very important to be nuanced especially around spiritual teachings, because so so so easily you get stuck in some bullshit frame of a teacher who is just thinking of how to feed his kids and himself by doing a great spiritual performance on youtube. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new age is all fake.   


Vincit omnia Veritas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some good words in Persian to describe these kinds of people I haven't seen any word in English about this matter yet.

But basically all those words mean someone who likes to pretend to be someone he is not.

Maybe fake is the best word in English for it.

Edited by Atb210201

I'm not Iranian; I Am Persian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Atb210201 yes, you try to pretend you have powers that you don't possess. We are not much more powerful then an ant. Imagine how redicilous it would be if an ant said all these things, that is how I look at humans saying these things right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@Atb210201 yes, you try to pretend you have powers that you don't possess. We are not much more powerful then an ant. Imagine how redicilous it would be if an ant said all these things, that is how I look at humans saying these things right now. 

Well if it was true and they could prove their powers there is no argument there.

But mostly it's just a game of pretence.

The number one rule here is unless it's proven by the speaker it's all fake and words that mean nothing from someone who just heard something and just wants to show off by pretending to say I've reached to something great.

Edited by Atb210201

I'm not Iranian; I Am Persian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Atb210201 yes but none of these people proof their power xD have we ever seen someone walk on water? Fly through the air? Even make a cup of tea float? We read about it, but never seen any human do it and these are very small powers compared to what God should be actually capable of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@Atb210201 yes but none of these people proof their power xD have we ever seen someone walk on water? Fly through the air? Even make a cup of tea float? We read about it, but never seen any human do it and these are very small powers compared to what God should be actually capable of. 

You're right. I know I haven't seen one yet at least in front of me.:D

Edited by Atb210201

I'm not Iranian; I Am Persian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@Atb210201 you could be the first to change that ;)

I'm have so much ego I don't think I'm eligible to reach that level I wish I could. Maybe you could be the onexD

Edited by Atb210201

I'm not Iranian; I Am Persian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Atb210201 if I listen to Kanye I feel like I am flying, does that count? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@Atb210201 if I listen to Kanye I feel like I am flying, does that count? :D

Sure but don't tell anyone about it be a lone bird full of Kanye.:D


I'm not Iranian; I Am Persian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olaf said:

tarot readers: I can read your future, but I can't make money or win a lottery

spiritual gurus: I am God, but I can't sustain myself without your donations

Manifestation teachers: Just manifest your dream life, just buy my coaching (aka create the teachers dream life *pyramid scheme)

spiritual letting go teachers: just let go, release and see your life change (your life doesn't change without action)

spiritual gurus: All you need is the "I am" just focus on God (spiritual bypassing, no accountability for practical day to day life)

And many many more, these are just examples and I thought of pointing them out, because we live in a crappy world where people lie about such things and actually just try to remain their frame of reality that is most beneficial towards making money. A spiritual teacher admiting his flaws would lead to him losing all of his followers so he just makes some nonsense up for things that he can't explain himself. I know, because I did the same thing too. I think it is very important to be nuanced especially around spiritual teachings, because so so so easily you get stuck in some bullshit frame of a teacher who is just thinking of how to feed his kids and himself by doing a great spiritual performance on youtube. 

Tarot is  Just a point of view

 

Teachers and gurus are only humans with opinions

 

New age is Just a reformulated old age

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Verdesbird yes and they present themself to be more then human, which is true in essence, we all God, but also we are humans with almost no power compared to Gods infinite power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Olaf said:

@Verdesbird yes and they present themself to be more then human, which is true in essence, we all God, but also we are humans with almost no power compared to Gods infinite power

This is just mere semantics, architecture of language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0