Dodo

Mind And True Self

28 posts in this topic

My attempt to clarify my current spiritual practice in the most clear and simple way I can.

The Mind - As I use the term here, I mean the entity that is created under the identification with being the body and/or the identification with the I thought.

It uses past to feed itself and grow. By being identified with the mind state means basically to be trapped in our own conditioning as a human entity.

The true self:

The ever present, untouched by conditioning, most intimate you. That which was never born to die, unlike the bodymind. By my spiritual practice my attempt is to increasingly notice and live from that place, aka Atman.

With the cessation of mind, the Atman is revealed. By self inquiry and other awareness exercises, I find myself living more at peace than ever before, because I am able to break the patterns of the mind repeatedly, which will eventually (I hope) cause it to crumble under the pressure forever.

Tell me if I got it wrong or if you have any tips to help, apart from taking a psychedelic,  which I'm already aware can be greatly beneficial.

Absolute Law of Love reveals Infinite Source that Welcomes Every Life as Light

12 hours ago, Dodo said:

cessation of mind

You can meditate, force yourself to be silent, but you will miss Atman, true self. You will look sad, dull, dead, unintelligent, for the simple reason that you have chosen a shortcut and there is no shortcut. You have avoided the complexity of spiritual transformation. You have chosen meditation, you have forced your mind to be still. It is a negative state; your mind is only empty, not silent — forcibly made still. But it is not a natural growth of silence.

Many people have tried to meditate without bliss because it is simple, less complex. You have to take only one work upon yourself: that you have to still your mind. And you can force your mind to be stilled, but you will become sad, you will have a long face.

It is easy to meditate if you don’t want to be blissful — it is very easy to meditate.

Truth has to be total, truth has to be whole. And the whole truth is: bliss PLUS meditation. It is difficult of course, arduous, to manage both. 

A meditator is not identified with his mind but he can use his mind whenever he needs. He will become more intelligent, but he is able to turn the mechanism of verbalization on and off. Unnecessary chattering of mind will not be there. 

When you are existing as a social being, the mechanism of language is needed; but when you are alone with existence, you must be able to turn it off. If you can’t turn it off – if it goes on and on, and you are incapable of stopping it – then you have become a slave to it. Mind must be an instrument, not the master.

When you walk, you need to move your legs. But if they go on moving when you are sitting, then you are mad. You must be able to turn them off. In the same way, when you are not talking with anyone, language must not be there. It is a technique to communicate. When you are not communicating with anybody it should not be there.

If you are able to do this, you can grow into meditation.

3 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

You can meditate, force yourself to be silent

you have forced your mind to be still. It is a negative state

It is easy to meditate if you don’t want to be blissful

4 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

bliss PLUS meditation. It is difficult of course, arduous, to manage both. 

o.O

@SOUL There are thousands of so called saints in India , who live a life style in which they lose their ability think much. For example , many of them eat just enough to survive, and live in isolation. Their mind becomes silent but they and not intelligent and blissful. This is not the peacefulness which make you truly spiritual. This peace can be disturbed easily.

I am able to break the patterns of the mind repeatedly, which will eventually (I hope) cause it to crumble under the pressure forever.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 6/7/2017 at 8:39 AM, Dodo said:

With the cessation of mind, the Atman is revealed. By self inquiry and other awareness exercises, I find myself living more at peace than ever before, because I am able to break the patterns of the mind repeatedly, which will eventually (I hope) cause it to crumble under the pressure forever.

The mind only needs to become calm and still to apprehend your true nature. The mind doesn't need to cease functioning. For if it did you would be a vegatable. This is a misunderstanding. Notice that you are aware "of" the desire for your mind to "crumble under the pressure". Therefore, the real you, is the witness, of all this, hence no need for the mind to cease functioning, because you are not dependent on the mind, to be aware. The mind depends on you, awareness! 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

14 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

The mind only needs to become calm and still to apprehend your true nature. The mind doesn't need to cease functioning. For if it did you would be a vegatable. This is a misunderstanding. Notice that you are aware "of" the desire for your mind to "crumble under the pressure". Therefore, the real you, is the witness, of all this, hence no need for the mind to cease functioning, because you are not dependent on the mind, to be aware. The mind depends on you, awareness! 

Indeed

[deleted crappy attempt by Ego to show how baws I am]

^ Wow, how baws is that.

Edited by Dodo

20 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Indeed

[deleted crappy attempt by Ego to show how baws I am]

^ Wow, how baws is that.

Nice save...

anyways, the ego just needs to be seen through, not destroyed. The ego is an aspect of the intellect (The I-thought), it is in the intellect where discrimination happens. Therefore, it is the intellect that apprehends it's true nature, as awareness, through Self inquiry. Once this Self-knowledge is "firm", it doesn't matter what the mind does, because it's "seen" as only "apparently" real. Let the storm of thought come, it will also go, as no storm comes and stays forever.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

5 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Nice save...

anyways, the ego just needs to be seen through, not destroyed. The ego is an aspect of the intellect (The I-thought), it is in the intellect where discrimination happens. Therefore, it is the intellect that apprehends it's true nature, as awareness, through Self inquiry. Once this Self-knowledge is "firm", it doesn't matter what the mind does, because it's "seen" as only "apparently" real. Let the storm of thought come, it will also go, as no storm comes and stays forever.

Just to clarify,  by mind ceasing I dont mean braindead.

Im sure if you plug in someone who is in a no-mind state, you will get a lot of brain signals hehe

By cessation of mind I mean the end with identification with thoughts,  even the thoughts that I supposedly am making, like these right now.

By cessation of mind I mean letting the thoughts be, but no longer energising with your identification.

By cessation of mind I mean letting the river flow and rising above and beyond it. You can rise so high you see better rivers, or stop seeing rivers altogether.

All that you're saying has been fed to me by golden spoon, it's not news. 

Edited by Dodo

Imo, a "no-mind state" is a spiritual myth. However, if you mean, the mind becomes an instrument vs a controlling force, then I agree with that.

40 minutes ago, Dodo said:

All that you're saying has been fed to me by golden spoon, it's not news. 

But, you apparently still don't get it. Anyways, thanks for telling me I'm wasting my time.

Peace out.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

11 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Imo, a "no-mind state" is a spiritual myth. However, if you mean, the mind becomes an instrument vs a controlling force, then I agree with that.

But, you apparently still don't get it. Anyways, thanks for telling me I'm wasting my time.

Peace out.

Np. Also waste it, it's not real.

If you're not enjoying the present, maybe you need to wait for some high pitch noise in your ears.

Do you think you have the truth? Can see 10 miles away the Ego scent in your postings. Anyone can learn these things and even teach them, it doesn't work though, if you're dipping everything in the nasty sauce of Ego and separation. 

Awakening on the level of mind is only the beginning! 

4 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Np. Also waste it, it's not real.

If you're not enjoying the present, maybe you need to wait for some high pitch noise in your ears.

Do you think you have the truth? Can see 10 miles away the Ego scent in your postings. Anyone can learn these things and even teach them, it doesn't work though, if you're dipping everything in the nasty sauce of Ego and separation. 

Awakening on the level of mind is only the beginning! 

What the hell?... lmao.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

10 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

What the hell?... lmao.

Nice save >:) 

It has gone full circle heheheh

When you're telling me "You still don't get it" are you talking to me, awareness or me, Ego -illusory entity?

If you're talking to Ego then if Ego gets it or not  who cares? Only the Ego.

If you're talking to me as awareness, you're talking to yourself?  heheheehe

Edited by Dodo

17 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Nice save >:) 

It has gone full circle heheheh

One last thing. The reason I said, "nice save" to you initially is because the email I got from the forum showed what you "originally" wrote, prior to you deleting it. So, I wasn't being a smart ass. I was being sincere. 

Now I see you edited your last post. I can see "you" are sensitive and will try to watch what I say to you in the future.

Have a nice night...

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

30 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

One last thing. The reason I said, "nice save" to you initially is because the email I got from the forum showed what you "originally" wrote, prior to you deleting it. So, I wasn't being a smart ass. I was being sincere. 

Now I see you edited your last post. I can see "you" are sensitive and will try to watch what I say to you in the future.

Have a nice night...

I thought it was good hehehehehehee. 

I always edit my post, Leo's gonna remove that candy too some day. 

I dont even remember now what I wrote, so would be nice.

But anyway, good night

It's gonna be great if you wake uptomorrow and realise the projections you place on me

Edited by Dodo

@Dodo One way of coming closer to your ultimate goal why you started this threat in the first place, would have been to respond to Anna1 "Thank you, I love you". Chose your vibration, at any time. If you can do it unconcously, you can do it conciously as well. It's super easy.

5 minutes ago, SC GM said:

@Dodo One way of coming closer to your ultimate goal why you started this threat in the first place, would have been to respond to Anna1 "Thank you, I love you". Chose your vibration, at any time. If you can do it unconcously, you can do it conciously as well. It's super easy.

YE but would be fake, wouldn't it. I don't love everyone yet like Martin :-D still deluded here

Or you mean the " fake it till you make it" technique. I use it with smiling, it actually works, i become happier by fake smiling and then it becomes real :-D 

Edited by Dodo

50:41

By the way youre beautiful Dodo. <3 I love your name.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

YE but would be fake, wouldn't it. I don't love everyone yet like Martin :-D still deluded here

Oh but you do. 
Youre just thinking that you have to feel like you love someone before you love them. :-)
But thats not unconditional is it <3.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.