Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Arnautu

What Are Some Of The Greatest Audiobooks To Listen To While Walking?

7 posts in this topic

So instead of cardio I would like to maybe take an hour and walk more outside while listening to an audiobook.

Some of the greatest selections that I've listened to until now are:

• Total Recall by Arnold Scwarzenegger
  • The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
  • 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene

Please don't recommend books that have exercises in them. That would defeat the whole purpose.

Can't wait to hear your favorite ones! :)

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

One of my favourite audiobooks that I'd recommend while walking is Waking Up by Sam Harris.

Sam Harris is a prominent atheist and neuroscientist, and this is his enlightenment journey. It's rated as a must-read book on Leo's book list under the heading of consciousness, enlightenment and spirituality, and I'd certainly agree with that. I was lucky enough to discover this book on my own a few years ago and have since listened to it several times, and have also read it a couple of times too.

This book won't teach you to meditate well, but it does explain enlightenment and how it works in a very scientific and rational way, while also dispelling many of the common myths about it. It's five chapters and a conclusion, so it won't take too long to get through. There are a couple of very small exercises in it, but in the overall context of the book, I don't think it's too important to complete these.

If you do choose to listen, hope you enjoy :).

Hate to be a dull boy. But why not walk without distractions from your walking, seeing, feeling, smelling, hearing, tasting, the life you are walking through?

I often go for a bicycle ride to the headlands to see all the activities of the port, river, ocean, birds in the air, lizards on the rocks, the odd snake, dolphins, stingrays, and turtles. Whales are now starting to travel north up the coast; trawlers coming in and out of port; people saying hello as I pass. And I also see people walking with earplugs listening to something and completely oblivious with everything I just wrote about. It amazes me how much they actually miss experiencing. It is as if they fear being with their own thoughts about the world they walk through.

1 hour ago, Visitor said:

Hate to be a dull boy. But why not walk without distractions from your walking, seeing, feeling, smelling, hearing, tasting, the life you are walking through?

I often go for a bicycle ride to the headlands to see all the activities of the port, river, ocean, birds in the air, lizards on the rocks, the odd snake, dolphins, stingrays, and turtles. Whales are now starting to travel north up the coast; trawlers coming in and out of port; people saying hello as I pass. And I also see people walking with earplugs listening to something and completely oblivious with everything I just wrote about. It amazes me how much they actually miss experiencing. It is as if they fear being with their own thoughts about the world they walk through.

His agenda right now is not practicing mindfulness like you, its knowledge and wisdom.

Memento Mori

"7 Habits of Highly Effective People" read by the author.  Check on Audible

"Essays" by Ralph Waldo Emerson 

"Walden" by Henry David Thoreau

"The Story of Philosophy" by Will Durant

"Moral Letters to Lucilius" by Seneca

"The Psychology of Self Esteem" by Nathaniel Brandan

"Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz

Edited by Joseph Maynor

As A Man Thinketh by James Allen (or any and all James Allen.... much is in audiobook form via the Free Audiobooks For Intellectual Exercise YouTube page"

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

For audiobooks I like to listen to less complex books that don't require taking notes. Something that's thought provoking or inspiring. 

• Everything Eckhart Tolle
  • Everything Les Brown
  • Everything Grant Cardone
  • Everything Steven Pressfield
  • Everything Jocko Willink
  • Tao Te Ching 

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w