Hardik jain

I Am Just Not Doing It.

36 posts in this topic

Guys I have all the knowledge and I know everything about diet, personal development, meditation, solitude, addiction and stuff. But I just am not doing it because I don't have a strong desire to change. How do I develop the need to change? 

24 minutes ago, Hardik jain said:

Guys I have all the knowledge and I know everything about diet, personal development, meditation, solitude, addiction and stuff. But I just am not doing it because I don't have a strong desire to change. How do I develop the need to change? 

Same exact problem! Yay! One person similar experiences!

Well listen! I dont think we are not having strong desire. What stays in your mind more than 2 years is very very very desirable. BUUUT there is resistance in the middle. But Im not an expert,I face the same issue...so Im waiting for the answer.

Waitin

Waitin

Waitin

Lalalalalala

Waitin

Waitin

Be brutally honest with yourself. If you don't wanna change, don't fucking change. If you do wanna change, do something else.

@Hardik jain I had the same problem for a while and just started a new approach and it is working well, and here is what I suggest.  It really works, it's easy and doesn't take much effort! :) 
Try working on yourself for one hour each month.  You have the big picture understanding of it and now you can take small steps.

So, for instance, if you wake up at a certain time each day, do something positive towards your goals for one hour right when you get out of bed.  And leave the rest of the day to your old habits.
Next month, add on another hour.
It will add up and once you start it feels good and it is easier to continue.
It doesn't even have to be goals, really, just basic lifestyle changes that are geared in whatever direction you are interested in taking in life.

6 minutes ago, Annetta said:

@Hardik jain I had the same problem for a while and just started a new approach and it is working well, and here is what I suggest.  It really works, it's easy and doesn't take much effort! :) 
Try working on yourself for one hour each month.  You have the big picture understanding of it and now you can take small steps.

So, for instance, if you wake up at a certain time each day, do something positive towards your goals for one hour right when you get out of bed.  And leave the rest of the day to your old habits.
Next month, add on another hour.
It will add up and once you start it feels good and it is easier to continue.
It doesn't even have to be goals, really, just basic lifestyle changes that are geared in whatever direction you are interested in taking in life.

Did this really work out for you ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Yeah, so far this month I have gotten on a normal sleep schedule, cut sugar and carbs from my diet, started meds for depression and am exercising 30 mins a day and 15 mins yoga, and it's really easy because it's just an hour of new changes a day.

My whole mood has improved from getting on a normal sleep schedule and cutting out unhealthy food.

Next month I'll add another hour of new things, and the next month another hour and so on.  Really seems to work.

@Annetta how did you get this idea ? Did you read about it somewhere. Even I struggle with this. But it seems this is easy. Just need to start with 1 hour initially.because we usually tend to start off with mega goals and I guess that kinda discourages the effort. 

2 minutes ago, Annetta said:

@Loreena Yeah, so far this month I have gotten on a normal sleep schedule, cut sugar and carbs from my diet, started meds for depression and am exercising 30 mins a day and 15 mins yoga, and it's really easy because it's just an hour of new changes a day.

My whole mood has improved from getting on a normal sleep schedule and cutting out unhealthy food.

Next month I'll add another hour of new things, and the next month another hour and so on.  Really seems to work.

Oh wow, it's good. Actually I never thought of it in this way. I always thought of it in a strictly goal oriented fashion like it has to be perfect or else it's not working. But this idea is excellent. I guess this is the best approach to laziness and fixation. Because we can't get rid rid of old habits in a dayt. And we don't realize that it requires time and patience to gradually unwind out of the past/old patterns. I guess this is behaviour related rathrr than laziness or tiredness. 

@Loreena  I started researching some ways to work through depression and mental illness because I am managing it on my own, and one of the things I read is that people who are struggling with it need to get on a schedule - and this made sense to me, and I also read that it is best to take it slow, also made sense.

So I am thinking, just one hour a day per month and within a year my life will be back on track.
And it is actually very easy! :D 

The things is how to keep up with the goal. Starting is easy most of the times. I dont want to discourage any of you,also I dont believe that I can,but keeping a positive mindset for some of us Its really a struggle. If we had positive attitude towarda things our lives would ve been far better.

@Loreena Same here I always thought the same way!!  And the little goals for an hour each day feel really good to complete!  The rest of the day feels better just from that one hour.

Just now, Annetta said:

@Loreena  I started researching some ways to work through depression and mental illness because I am managing it on my own, and one of the things I read is that people who are struggling with it need to get on a schedule - and this made sense to me, and I also read that it is best to take it slow, also made sense.

So I am thinking, just one hour a day per month and within a year my life will be back on track.
And it is actually very easy! :D 

Oh ya, I can't believe how easy this seems to be. I never thought that lack of motivation was connected to depression. But now it makes sense. You can't believe it but no guru or expert out there gives this kind of suggestion. You pay them tons of money and they give crazy complicated planners and schedules that are impossible to stick to. And they always make it out to be about laziness instead of identifying the problem at the root. Plus they always put a lot of pressure that the schedule has to be followed strictly or else it's a failure on the part of the client. It's so unbelievable how experts in the field complicate even the simplest things

@egoeimai I see what you're saying, that's why it is best to start slow.  Just an hour extra of positive changes each month.  Depression is difficult to fight and there will be days that are total shit for sure.  Even depression is a bad habit and that takes time to get rid of.

But here, check this out:

Depression is caused by a feedback loop of negative reinforcement.  Eventually this cycle gets cemented into the brain.  Doing small positive things gives you dopamine, which can help with depression, and positive reinforcement is the best way to get out of the depressive cycle.  And a great way to do this is to do things that make a person feel good about themselves.

Slow and steady.

3 minutes ago, Annetta said:

@Loreena Same here I always thought the same way!!  And the little goals for an hour each day feel really good to complete!  The rest of the day feels better just from that one hour.

Do you think it's important to restrict that hour particularly to early morning hours or is it okay to adjust that hour anywhere through the time of the day. I mean when I think of doing it in evenings, it gets really discouraging because more than half the day has had already passed until then. So the feeling is like what's the point of doing it so late you know. So do you limit that hour to morning alone or do you rotate it throughout the day as desired ?

@Loreena Yeah I know, it's really simple and it feels really good.  Just an hour of positive habits each month and within a year, year and a half - more positive life.

Here's what I have done:

May: I got my blood tested for vitamin deficiencies, started antidepressants, cut sugar and carbs from my diet, got on a sleep schedule (10 pm - 8:30 am), started taking probiotics and vitamin supplements, am exercising for 30 mins a day, yoga for 15 mins a day.  

June -  8:30 - 9:30 I will work on the actual daily schedule - which is just getting started for the day - breakfast, shower, dress, brush teeth, straighten up home and do yoga and exercise whenever.
July - 9:30 - 10:30 - exercise for 30 mins, take care of my cats for 30 mins
Just the basic stuff that has to be done every day.
August - fill up the hour with new habits for 10:30 -11:30.

But if you have obligations during the day, you could do something like:

Month 1: healthy food, sleeping schedule
Month 2: morning schedule
Month 3: before bed schedule
Month 4: exercise and meditation

Really however you want to do it that works best for your lifestyle, needs and where you want to go in life.

Edited by Annetta

7 hours ago, Annetta said:

@Loreena Yeah I know, it's really simple and it feels really good.  Just an hour of positive habits each month and within a year, year and a half - more positive life.

Here's what I have done:

May: I got my blood tested for vitamin deficiencies, started antidepressants, cut sugar and carbs from my diet, got on a sleep schedule (10 pm - 8:30 am), started taking probiotics and vitamin supplements, am exercising for 30 mins a day, yoga for 15 mins a day.  

June -  8:30 - 9:30 I will work on the actual daily schedule - which is just getting started for the day - breakfast, shower, dress, brush teeth, straighten up home and do yoga and exercise whenever.
July - 9:30 - 10:30 - exercise for 30 mins, take care of my cats for 30 mins
Just the basic stuff that has to be done every day.
August - fill up the hour with new habits for 10:30 -11:30.

But if you have obligations during the day, you could do something like:

Month 1: healthy food, sleeping schedule
Month 2: morning schedule
Month 3: before bed schedule
Month 4: exercise and meditation

Really however you want to do it that works best for your lifestyle, needs and where you want to go in life.

This is really simple and good. Thanks for sharing. :)