sheenp24

Any Alternative Breakfast Suggestions?

25 posts in this topic

I have become accustomed to eating the same combinations at breakfast time because I now how my body reacts with those foods throughout the day! I typically like to rustle up a few egg whites, blueberries, spinach, and a side of oat meal. I try to keep each meal as healthy as I can but I tend to be the "stick to what you know" kind of guy when it comes to eating. Any other tasty suggestions?  

www.hersandhislove.com

Steak and egg whites. And banana. For me. 

Man, that sounds like a good breakfast. If you're going for an omelette I'd consider mushrooms and tomatoes. I also love myself a glass of whole milk; sometimes I pour it in my oatmeal, which goes well with raisins, strawberries, blueberries, and sometimes almond slices. Yum.

I don't usually do breakfast or eggs much but when i do crave them i like them either boiled or scrambled with roasted capsicum relish, spinach, mushrooms with a little grass fed ghee or virgin coconut oil. I enjoy them with wholegrain rye or buckwheat breads and or sometimes like feta, or any other "white" or fermented cheeses scrambled in or i make french toast but no the sugary way just soak the bread with egg salt n pepper and a little soy milk cause my stomach reacts bad to cows milk.

You can also make porridge out of millet flakes instead of oats and add chia seeds to your porridge's for a nutrition boost and they get all thick and jelly so its super enjoyable and lots of fiber and healthy fats you need. Goji berries are awesome superfood to add to porridge as well.

Sometimes a fruit and veggie or just fruit smoothie is very good for the morning to kick-start the day and help flush out the food from the previous night, lots of raw fiber. Plus the energy is long lasting and more efficient so no up and down spikes like coffee would.

I usually keep it more liquid or light during the earlier hours and have more solid meals after noon.

Hope this helps :)

B R E A T H E

On 5/22/2017 at 3:14 AM, sheenp24 said:

I have become accustomed to eating the same combinations at breakfast time because I now how my body reacts with those foods throughout the day! I typically like to rustle up a few egg whites, blueberries, spinach, and a side of oat meal. I try to keep each meal as healthy as I can but I tend to be the "stick to what you know" kind of guy when it comes to eating. Any other tasty suggestions?  

Combine the egg whites with some tuna in the skillet and add some garlic. You can also put a side of pickles in the plate.

You can also try shakes or try intermittent fasting (meaning you skip breakfast)

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dan Arnautu Tuna sounds amazing with egg whites! I never thought about eating tuna for breakfast, but I'm going to definitely try that out! @pluto I could definitely use the mushrooms! I just recently started eating them and they are great! @SFRL Steak and eggs sounds like a powerful protein mix! that would be a good idea in the mornings of my heavy workout days! Thanks guys! All of your suggestions sounds wonderful!! You all really helped me out!

www.hersandhislove.com

This will sound terrible to most, but I do not have breakfast if I do not work hard that morning. If I do, such as a fast 40-75 km cycle ride, I like, after the ride, two boiled eggs with one buttered toast and then one Vegemite on toast, washed down with a cup of coffee.

For me personally the most important thing in the morning is plenty of water, preferably with lots of lemon juice. Next I drink a huge green smoothie and it has been my breakfast for 3 years now, even though it sounds very boring.
It's quick, healthy, hydrating and helps to get in lots of greens. If you can afford it, a nice raw protein powder is a great addition, keeps you full for a long period of time.

On 5/22/2017 at 8:14 AM, sheenp24 said:

I typically like to rustle up a few egg whites, blueberries, spinach, and a side of oat meal.

Don't leave out the yolks man. Buy pasture raised eggs, and eat the yolks. They are nature's provided multivitamins, and the cholesterol will support your brain and body health. Your body creates way more cholesterol on it's own than you eat in a day. Throw out that oats shit!

On 5/24/2017 at 7:26 AM, Visitor said:

I do not have breakfast if I do not work hard that morning

Good. Your body will thank you for the intermittent fasting. Say hello to HGH, fat burning and neurogenesis.

Throw out that nasty Vegemite, MSG is an excitotoxin that causes your brain cells to prematurely go through apoptosis, cell death. 

@Voyager Why throw the oats? They are extremely healthy, especially for digestion.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dan Arnautu Hey man. Personally, I don't buy into the grains are healthy belief. I've been off grains for 2 years and it's done wonders for my health. It's just my opinion based on my direct experience. Take it as you will :) 

PS: I don't eat foods that spike my blood sugar, hence the bias against it 

@Voyager I understand. Though no foods are good or bad in and of themselves. For example if I would eat tons of fruits a day, the liver would not be able to process that much fructose. I tend to avoid thinking black and white. 

@Voyager I love egg yokes, but I try to limit my consumption of them because of the cholesterol and the saturated fat. If I were to eat one egg for a snack, then I would not remove the yolk; my diet is high in protein for all of my main meals breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So I typically eat around four to five eggs in the morning; leaving the yolk inside five eggs would definitely be too much cholesterol, seeing that the yoke contains about 180ish mg per yoke. It is suggested that you get no more than 300mg of cholesterol a day, so that's why I remove the yoke; I eat a lot of eggs.

www.hersandhislove.com

@sheenp24 Those guidelines are false. They exist to keep people eating sugar and vegetable oil, because it's good for business. 

Also banana and dark chocolate. The 85% or 90% kind. It's fast and gets me going the right way in the morning. 

@SFRL I use to eat chocolate all the time for breakfast! I thought I was the only one lol

www.hersandhislove.com

@sheenp24 I have seen it in France where they put simply a whole choclate bar on bread. 

But in Holland where I grew up they got choclate products for on the bread as well. 

Fruit and yogurt when you are at a hotel buffet. All the rest is way too processed.