Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordan wang

Should I Stop Screaming?

19 posts in this topic

The thing is that, I changed 4 month ago which causes me to improve at my highest level, and be able to reach where I am now. 

One of the habbits that reminded me to take action is to scream (or shout) really loudly in public places. (I know this sounds weird, but I feel so good after screaming)

I believe that screaming releases stress, also it reminds me of other people don't care about what I do. (most of the times I scream people just look at me, but don't do anything)

I have screamed at places consisting of nearly 100 people and got attention...

But recently, after my situation improved, I don't feel the stress anymore. But screaming has become a habit, I know that I can change it anytime, but would it be beneficial?

Other people began to think that I am weird, just this morning I screamed, and one of the girls that I have feelings towards heard me, and walked passed me without looking at me. (which made me feel really bad)

Should I stop doing it?

Should I change base on the feedback that other people are giving me? I don't want to fall into other people's standards and do what everyone expect me to do. (Like a robot) But screaming has made me unique, but it also made me weird and is hindering me a little bit.

WHAT do you guys think I should do?

Jordan wang

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1w32b0EuoBkLobBkqX65xw?view_as=subscriber

you could stop, you could continue. The fact that you ask IMO tells me you prefer to stop. 

Haha, yeah probably.

It might be a respect issue. All of these social rules seem stupid at times, but a lot of them are about minimizing how intrusive we are being on others. That's why nobody in New York City talks to each other - subconsciously, to be polite and kind.  I don't like hearing kids scream, why do I want to hear you scream? I want to scream sometimes and, if I'm drunk around other drunk people who think it's funny, then I do.  Use your awareness to determine when it is appropriate - aka more beneficial than detrimental. 

nothing is anything

@Jordan wang Wait, why don't just find a way to permanently reduce your stress instead of doing your weird and annoying way of temporarily relieving it? Do you practice meditation or any kind of deep breathing practice? Do you live a simplistic uncomplicated life or a busy distracted life? Difficult but permanent lifestyle changes will always trump short but easy fixes.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:55 PM, Jordan wang said:

@eskwire Umm, why don't the people at new york talk to each other? be polite and kind? 

Does this make sense? Can you explain it further?

There are too many people around to say "excuse me" or "how's it going" or "crazy weather, huh" to everyone. You would be overwhelmed having to speak and respond so often. Sometimes, blabbing a nicety at someone is not kind or polite - it's just intrusive. Not speaking is a way to give each other some space when there is no space.

nothing is anything

@Jordan wang There's no need to control your emotions. Just BE mindful of them. . . . Just BE.

That's the true way of controlling your emotions. ;)

13 hours ago, Jordan wang said:

@Extreme Z7 I live a busy life, I'm in university engineering.

I don't meditate. Maybe I should? I am thinking of getting into it now. Cuz Leo said It helps me control my emotions, and makes me feel happy.

I knew a guy that were extremely neurotic and depressive.

After 1 year of daily meditation, I hardly recognize him anymore.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

I knew a guy that were extremely neurotic and depressive.

After 1 year of daily meditation, I hardly recognize him anymore.

Tell me more about this guy.

How did he meditate? What else was he or she doing

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

@Shin How long did it take for the meditation to start taking effect?
I've been meditating for one month, not everyday, but nearly.  See some changes but not much.  Is 15 mins too short of a time?

14 minutes ago, Annetta said:

I've been meditating for one month, not everyday, but nearly.  See some changes but not much.  Is 15 mins too short of a time?

It takes months, maybe years if you just meditate and never practice mindfulness constantly during your daily life.

15 minutes is fine, but you could raise 2/3 minutes per month

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Annetta said:

Is 15 mins too short of a time?

I never thought you were so miserly that just fifteen minutes in twenty-four hours…not even twenty-four minutes!

8 minutes ago, Annetta said:

15 minutes meditating means 1425 minutes not meditating. The point of sitting down to meditate is it being a catalyst for bringing more mindfulness and awareness into the rest of your life. Start off easy, 15 is fine but you want to gradually get to 30 and 60. Yes, 60 is a whole other level compared to 15. When I started about two years ago and went from 20 to 60, I noticed quite a difference. Gradually you'll also become capable of immersing yourself in sensory experience in everyday activities, which is ultimately the point of meditating: stopping misuse of the mind and focusing on what's relevant to the situation.

Edited by Markus

If you can pull off 2 hours a day, you will see amazing results in weeks.

Everything happens smoothly and you almost never think, it's amazing.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Wow! That's amazing ? , it needs guts to do this and that too in public place , if you are comfortable enough with this , I mean can do at any place then you should go for next like try something new that would take you to another level ..

I have seen a video , in that a guy laid down at  public places for 30 seconds and he did this many times at different places until he gets comfortable he realize that people do not care at all ,they just looked once and then walked  away 

So it is nice that you are doing this , very good to boost up the confidence 

All the best ☺

@Shin :o That sounds intense!  2 hours... idk man.  Maybe I'll work up to it.