harisankartj

Are Dreams Another Dimension Of Reality?

16 posts in this topic

i always used to think when i sleep i have dreams and they took place in my brain.But as i began to be mindful of senses,i am doubting whether dreams are not just images ....but actually A DIFFERENT REALITY from the one i am living.How do i know what is true? How can i trust the five senses?What can i rely on?

ALSO ------ What makes me resistant to accepting other realities is that even when i dream i am still this body.i have never been another person....or is it just that i have been another person ,but have NO MEMORY of it?

Pardon me for the scattering of questions ,i really feel somethings up.

That would be really cool if this is true 

in my own opinion I believe that from what i have read is that the reason we have dreams is to prepare us for situations before we experience them in real life (a bit like a simulation maybe)

but its really interesting to think about

kind regards :)

13 hours ago, harisankartj said:

i am doubting whether dreams are not just images ....but actually A DIFFERENT REALITY from the one i am living.

While dreaming you can never doubt that the dream is a dream. In dreams you never think there is a different reality.

9 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

While dreaming you can never doubt that the dream is a dream. In dreams you never think there is a different reality.

But then what about the state of a child who has not yet filly learned language? such as the case of a 2 year old.Its not able to contemplate a lot but its still living in this reality.

Who says that we should inherently have the capacity to doubt our reality? in this case ourselves in the dream state?

@harisankartj

While dreaming, the dream is true, real, as real as any reality - it even appears more real.  When you get up in the morning, you can remember your dream - but when you go into sleep you cannot remember what has happened, what was happening when you were awake.

You cannot remember that you are a doctor in the day while you are awake, or an engineer, or a minister. You cannot remember in your dream the facts of the day, when you were awake. The whole reality, the so-called reality of the day is completely washed away by the dream - it seems more powerful. But in the morning when you get up, when sleep has gone, you can remember your dream. It means the reality of your day is not strong enough to completely wash away the reality of the dream. In dream you forget your day completely, but in your day, in your waking state of mind, you can remember your dreams. 

In dream you can never doubt that whatsoever you are seeing is unreal or real. You have been dreaming for your whole life, and every day in the morning you have come to know that the dream was unreal. Yet, when you go to sleep tonight and dream, you will not remember your whole life's experience, that dreams are unreal. Again you will fall into the illusion, and you will feel the dreams as real. In the morning again you will repeat that "it was just a dream, nothing real." What is happening? So much experience of dreaming, still the dream remains real. Why? - because really, anything becomes real if you are absent.

Your absence gives reality to false things.

In the dream you cannot remember yourself - so whatsoever passes in front of your eyes becomes real because you are not. You are so unreal that anything can be felt as real. If you can remember yourself in the dream, the dream will drop; it will cease immediately.

Quite Possibly, as i child i felt more home when i was dreaming in those states then i did during the day while awake.

Those states allow me to tap in-between the lines but as for decoding them properly is extremely challenging.

I just woke up from a dream where it felt like i was on DMT level, everything become one, simplified, complete universal understanding, time, death, life, love all become a big giggle as a child giggles playing with toys, you always come back to this same understanding but when you wake up you are unable to comprehend nor remember what was it because you cannot access higher dimensional thinking/understanding in lower dimensional planes of existence.

Its the only thing that makes any sense too me about all this. This is why i stick by the Quote: "All is well" there is no point trying to remember or understand, just accept and trust and everything will be okay :)

Everything will be okay.

Enjoy!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Prabhaker What you say may be true,but what is it about "my absence" that gives reality to false things? 

While talking of the dream,you referred to absence(i assume) as consciousness/awareness of the falsehood of the dream.If so then doesnt "no self" mean absence? In case of this reality, should i be "absent" or should i ...as you said

"If you can remember yourself in the dream, the dream will drop; it will cease immediately."

....remember  myself?

11 hours ago, harisankartj said:

you referred to absence(i assume) as consciousness/awareness of the falsehood of the dream.

Witnessing makes the difference, because if dreaming is there you will be identified with it. in dream you are absent, you forget yourself, you become identified with the dream, so whatsoever is happening in the dream looks real to you, suppose in dream a horse becomes a man , you never doubt that it is absurd, because you are absent, you are not aware of yourself, then there is no one to doubt.

"Once, Zhuang Zhou dreamed he was a butterfly, a butterfly flitting and fluttering about, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know that he was Zhuang Zhou.

Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakable Zhuang Zhou. But he didn't know if he was Zhuang Zhou who had dreamt he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming that he was Zhuang Zhou."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But he didn't know if he was Zhuang Zhou who had dreamt he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming that he was Zhuang Zhou."

When sleep has gone, you can remember your dream. You cannot remember in your dream the facts of the day, when you were awake. While Zhuang Zhou were a butterfly in his dream, did was there any problem? was there any doubt?

This is the only distinction between the dream and the real: reality allows you to doubt, and the dream does not allow you to doubt. 

@harisankartj Each of us are our own reality and what we see in between is projection and perception. Your dreams are your reality minus the consciousness co-projected into space time by other people. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 5/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, Prabhaker said:

When sleep has gone, you can remember your dream. You cannot remember in your dream the facts of the day, when you were awake. While Zhuang Zhou were a butterfly in his dream, did was there any problem? was there any doubt?

This is the only distinction between the dream and the real: reality allows you to doubt, and the dream does not allow you to doubt. 

@Prabhaker There may be truth in what you say,but i cant accept it. Im not being paranoid or having trust issue(at least thats what i think). I am really doubting what i can rely on to get to truth...or whether there is a "me" trying to rely on anything.

Sadghuru was once asked by a little child "Is life real or is it a dream?"

Sadghuru replied, "Life is a dream, but the dream is real."

"Hmph! Sadghuru, you're always like this!" the child complained.

On 5/23/2017 at 3:22 AM, Nahm said:

Yes @Nahm , i read your reply :)

But even if u are right, don't i need to experience that in subjective reality? to fully understand your point?