Just Do Nothing

Can I Really Change Who I Am?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I feel that I am truly starting to discover the great depths of my conscious.  However I have experienced that I like to live ordinarily and just be 'me' sometimes. The behaviour of my ordinary self is a bit crazy and out of character compared to everybody else.  

Should I try to change the way I am when I just be myself? Bit of a juxtaposition but I hope that some will understand... 

2 minutes ago, John Flores said:

@Just Do Nothing My guideline is as follows:

A) Don't (necessarily) give a hoot what people think

B) But be respectful to the point where they won't call you an a-hole when you ACT yourself

C) Realize that self consciousness comes from some-THING and be aware of why you are concerned how they think of you in any particular instance. This way you can change your behavior if you so decide.

Most behavior to avoid are those things that lead to negative side-effects. Don't do anything that will further you from accomplishing your goals. Therefore establish your goals and you will be better equipped in deciding which behavior will allow you to accomplish them and which will not.

Thank you for your guidelines I believe that my actions are already in accordance with these which is good. The moment that made me have this thought today was when I had a funny two seconds at work with the intention to have a laugh with colleagues. No harm done and I'll continue to have these moments and enjoy being 'me'. 

Cheers bro :)

I dont think you can, my friend.

I have changed many times throughout my life, mostly for the better. For example, I have somewhat conquered my anxiety, my self-consciouness, my shyness............only, and here is where it gets a bit tricky, by the time I noticed the change, it didn't feel like change, all I felt was that I am more who I was all along. So I don't think you change, you just dig up who you already were. 

I hope that makes sense :D

Fine, don't change then.

I bet you can't not change.

I dare you to not change.

Go ahead, triple dog dare.

Who you are originally never changes but who you have become, what you think, feel, act, expect ect.. on a daily can most definitely be changed and or enhanced in ways you wish to attract the reality you desire.

B R E A T H E

Maybe you won't change completely because that's a little difficult. But you can grow with time. We learn a lot of things and we become the best versions of ourselves. That's how life's journey continues. 

Take care:)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

12 hours ago, Just Do Nothing said:

Hi,

I feel that I am truly starting to discover the great depths of my conscious.  However I have experienced that I like to live ordinarily and just be 'me' sometimes. The behaviour of my ordinary self is a bit crazy and out of character compared to everybody else.  

Should I try to change the way I am when I just be myself? Bit of a juxtaposition but I hope that some will understand... 

In self development there is a paradox. On the one hand, you need to accept yourself fully, but on the other hand you also need to develop yourself. It is important that you get the self-acceptance component right. Because if you change yourself from a sense of lack, that will lead to all sorts of disaster down the road because the motivation is not stable. If you are motivated to change your financial situation because you lack money and you then become rich, you will no longer have a desire to keep striving. It creates a yo-yo effect.

However, if you decide to change yourself from a foundation of self acceptance, the motivation you tap into is authentic. Authentic motivation is a lot more stable than neurotic motivation in the long run.

Thanks guys. These fantastic replies have been read with much consideration.. more than once ;)