Davino

Fluoride toothpaste gives me brainfog. Non-Fluoride toothpastes gives me cavities

53 posts in this topic

So I've been struggling with teeth health for a long time, no matter what I do my teeth give me problems.  I'm open to any advice to improve the health of my mouth.

Thanks

I also can't understand how animals don't have teeth problems, they never brush their teeth, nor use any products. Yet humans and me personally encounter disease in this domain. It surprises me

What are you eating. Sweets, chewing gum. Packaged goods. Lots of processed foods. Are the non-flouride toothpastes of good quality and have the necessary ingredients for proper teeth health. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Posted (edited)

I've used non-flouride charcoal toothpaste for like 10 years now and I haven't had problems with cavities. I also consume plenty of sugar.

But there is a genetic factor here. Some people have bad teeth genetics.

I would say, experiment with more kinds of toothpaste until you find something that suits you.

You can also go to the dentist and get your teeth sealed with a compound that prevents cavities from forming. Ask your dentist about it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

54 minutes ago, Davino said:

So I've been struggling with teeth health for a long time, no matter what I do my teeth give me problems.  I'm open to any advice to improve the health of my mouth.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Davino said:

I also can't understand how animals don't have teeth problems, they never brush their teeth, nor use any products. Yet humans and me personally encounter disease in this domain. It surprises me

It's 100,000% diet/lifestyle

I'm 5+ years fluoride free and cavity free

Also shampoo free and deodorant free lmao

It's Love.

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Because they naturally are self-cleansing. A dog's saliva is very healing. Also a cat's tongue is cleansing. There are no mistakes in nature. We are provided with the tools, animals already have them within. Our saliva helps but only to a certain degree that's why it's important to maintain a certain pH balance.

I will suggest certain things that may help.

Cloves are very good for the mouth overall. You can purchase clove oil and use for mouthwash. Can also put a couple drops on toothache to help with the aching process. I don't think it heals cavities but I'm not sure, just do a Google search. Coconut oil may also help. Unrefined, extra-virgin, cold pressed. Google oil pulling for the process which is just swishing on an empty stomach, coconut or sesame seed oil, for 10-20mins and spitting out. It cleanses the teeth, whitens them and MAY stop cavities or help to relieve the pain. Putting raw garlic on a cavity may also help to relieve the pain but may burn a bit.

Stay away from toothpastes with a lot of sugar as in too much xylitol for the time being. Check the percentage on the label and make sure it's not in the first three ingredients. 

I like Dr. Bronner's brand and neem toothpastes. Charcoal is also good. Always check the ingredients for questionable chemicals. I look at the labelling on the front, but examine the back and fine print. Stay away from toothpastes that says call the poison control center if accidentally swallowed like Colgate and Crest. 

In the "healthy food recipes mega thread" section I posted pictures of the toothpastes I use regularly.

I haven't had cavities in years since I started using natural toothpastes and non-flouride ones so I can't really say how to treat only try to prevent and my suggestions are still not bullet-proof since it depends on many other factors including diet and lack of enough calcium/potassium/magnesium.

Egg shell powder also strengthens teeth as they are made up of the same compounds as teeth.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Are you kidding?

Have you ever had a pet cat?

They have serious teeth problems. Their teeth rot out. They need regular teeth cleanings or things can get really nasty.

It varies by breed. As I said, tooth health has a big genetic component. If you have the wrong genetics you will have a lifetime of tooth problems.

Of course diet is a big factor too. Eating lots of grains and sugars ruins teeth. The SAD is really bad for teeth.

In the wild, animals have less teeth problems because their diets have no sugar nor refined carbs. All teeth are genetically adapted to only be good for a certain type of diet. Outside that they start to fail.

If you are prone to cavities the best thing to do is to get your molars sealed by the dentist. This sealing makes cavities nearly impossible.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

They have serious teeth problems. Their teeth rot out. They need regular teeth cleanings or things can get really nasty.

I've had cats my entire life. Two of which were owned for approx 14yrs each. The rest were shorter but neither of which I had to do anything with their teeth. Not saying some may not but I don't think it's a cat problem but more of a health problem and maybe breed, don't know, just speaking from my experience. My current cat is still fairly young maybe 5yrs now but still no problems. Dogs have bad breath a lot and I think they may need it more than cats but as far as I'm concerned and with the cats I've owned, there was never any bad breath nor tooth problems.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

with the cats I've owned, there was never any bad breath nor tooth problems.

It varies by breed.

Siamese cats have big teeth problems. That's what I had.

As I keep telling you people: GENETICS!

Edited by Leo Gura

Floss and scrap the Tongue. That should be enough.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

It varies by breed.

Siamese cats have big teeth problems. That's what I had.

As I keep telling you people: GENETICS!

Siamese are a pain in the ass in more ways than one😜. I love Maine Coons. Not sure what you were feeding them but taurine us an essential vitamin for cats which is in most regular cat food off the shelves, which is what I feed my cats in addition to occasional human food as in fish or shrimp or chicken, but mostly cat food already formulated with taurine.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Floss and scrap the Tongue. That should be enough.

Oh my, thank God you're not a dentist and this is just a public forum for assholes. Hehe. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Oh my, thank God you're not a dentist and this is just a public forum for assholes. Hehe. 

I am a certified instructor of the international dentists association. They will back up everything I said. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

9 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I am a certified instructor of the international dentists association. They will back up everything I said. 

Errk, more proof. The FDA approves poison.

Haven’t used it intentionally in years and my teeth are fine. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

38 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

😞

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

😞

You know I was just kidding. My sense of humor is of a different breed, like the British. 

36 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Haven’t used it intentionally in years and my teeth are fine. 

Same, I've dropped it ~4 months ago. By the research I did, toothpaste does not really seem to perform any crucial function besides fluoride. IMO the artificial chemicals in it probably outweigh the benefits. The fluoride may be beneficial if you are prone to cavities, but if you haven't had them your whole life it's unlikely to get it in your adult life, from what I've heard.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I've used non-flouride charcoal toothpaste for like 10 years now and I haven't had problems with cavities.

I did try it for a brief period. I'll give it another try. I've been using a high quality neem toothpaste, which has been great for my gums but did nothing for my teeth.

I also consume plenty of sugar.

I'll buy you a sugary cake for your birthday then;)

But there is a genetic factor here. Some people have bad teeth genetics.

That's what the dentist told me but I just don't wanna accept that. He told me some people hardly brush their teeth and never get cavities. Which blows my mind.

I would say, experiment with more kinds of toothpaste until you find something that suits you.

I've tried, tones at this point, I have a fucking electric sonic toothbrush and a professional dentist water jet. Yeah.. I'm a bit frustrated at this point ahahhaha

I have become aware of a new device on the toothbrush industry: https://sonicbrush.net/ Maybe I give it a try, at this point I have nothing to lose apart form money

You can also go to the dentist and get your teeth sealed with a compound that prevents cavities from forming. Ask your dentist about it.

Oh, thanks didn't know about that. I'll check it out

2 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

It's 100,000% diet/lifestyle

Maybe for you it is. I have a healthy diet and take care of myself very much. That's the whole frustration about it, imagine it happened to you. Having to get your teeth drilled again and again despite your best efforts.