Forestluv

Beckley Psytech releases positive clinical results for 5-meo-dmt

12 posts in this topic

Today, Beckley psytech released initial results of a phase2a (mid-stage) clinical trial for treatment-resistant-depression using synthetic 5-meo-dmt.

To enter the study, participants must have clinical depression in which previous treatment options failed (such as SSRIs). Participants were given a single 10mg dose of 5-meo-dmt intranasally. 55% of patients were in remission at week 4 and 45% of patients were in remission at week 12. 

This is the longest follow-up study for 5-meo-dmt. The sample size is small (12 patients), yet very encouraging. TRD is extremely difficult to treat, since standard treatments have already failed. 5-meo-dmt pretty much cured 50% of patients. Non-psychedelic treatments are nowhere close to this. The closest would be psilocybin - which has about a 35% success rate in clinical trials. Yet this involved multiple doses (two or three).

I find it interesting that a single 10mg dose was able to have such an effect. This seems like a relatively low dose (although it was intranasal, which may be a bit stronger than plugged).

As well, participants did not have to go through any lifestyle changes. They came into the clinic for two hours, received a single 5-meo dose and psychological support. And half the recipients were cured. . . 

@Forestluv

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Today, Beckley psytech released initial results of a phase2a (mid-stage) clinical trial for treatment-resistant-depression using synthetic 5-meo-dmt.

To enter the study, participants must have clinical depression in which previous treatment options failed (such as SSRIs). Participants were given a single 10mg dose of 5-meo-dmt intranasally. 55% of patients were in remission at week 4 and 45% of patients were in remission at week 12. 

This is the longest follow-up study for 5-meo-dmt. The sample size is small (12 patients), yet very encouraging. TRD is extremely difficult to treat, since standard treatments have already failed. 5-meo-dmt pretty much cured 50% of patients. Non-psychedelic treatments are nowhere close to this. The closest would be psilocybin - which has about a 35% success rate in clinical trials. Yet this involved multiple doses (two or three).

I find it interesting that a single 10mg dose was able to have such an effect. This seems like a relatively low dose (although it was intranasal, which may be a bit stronger than plugged).

As well, participants did not have to go through any lifestyle changes. They came into the clinic for two hours, received a single 5-meo dose and psychological support. And half the recipients were cured. . . 

That is very promising. Hopefully they later design some 12 step program but using low dose 5-Meo-DMT as the 1st step.

Posted (edited)

😊

I am very grateful to have discovered it. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Forestluv long time know see! Hope you are well.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@aurum

2 hours ago, aurum said:

Here is an article on this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/beckley-psytech-announces-positive-initial-110000368.html

Definitely seems to be some promising results so far, especially given the remission scores. We will need larger sample sizes in future but this could help inspire future funding. 

Even after future funding is reached, the next problem is marketing and making this more mainstream. Even though it's been a long time ago, the war on drugs and the stigma it felt is still strong even today.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@aurum

Even after future funding is reached, the next problem is marketing and making this more mainstream. Even though it's been a long time ago, the war on drugs and the stigma it felt is still strong even today.

We'll get there in time. 

5-MeO is great but i wouldnt say "one dose and they are cured". 4weeks in 55%, 12 weeks 45%, well we all know that the percentage Will be going down once the weeks and months pass. We all been with psychedelics in that phase where we think It has cured us...

However im sure It Will be Still infinitudes more effective than the rest of treatments we know...so applaud that. Good times are coming for psychoterapy

Thank you for sharing! This is amazing, I think these results cannot be ignored. Hopefully this will pave the way for further clinical research with 5-MeO. It seems like the perfect substance to work with in this context. Short, direct, easy to redose and incredibly powerful.

I personally think that Malt is more suitable for therapy than 5meo.

5meo makes the struggle transparent and you can see through it.

Malt makes you work through it and deeply heal you..

While being very similar I feel that there is subtle difference, 5meo is more for Consciousness and Malt more for Love.

So in healing and therapy I see Malt making also a substantial impact.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

On 3/28/2024 at 5:52 PM, Javfly33 said:

5-MeO is great but i wouldnt say "one dose and they are cured". 4weeks in 55%, 12 weeks 45%, well we all know that the percentage Will be going down once the weeks and months pass. We all been with psychedelics in that phase where we think It has cured us...

Weeks and months *already* passed. They released data for a 12 week follow up.

About half the patients were 'cured' in the sense that they no longer qualified has having depression, based on standard clinical tests for depression diagnoses.  

On 3/29/2024 at 9:22 AM, Davino said:

I personally think that Malt is more suitable for therapy than 5meo.

5meo makes the struggle transparent and you can see through it.

Malt makes you work through it and deeply heal you..

While being very similar I feel that there is subtle difference, 5meo is more for Consciousness and Malt more for Love.

So in healing and therapy I see Malt making also a substantial impact.

Yesterday I received my first shipment of Malt and will try it this weekend.

I agree that 5meo is great for consciousness work. I can also see it stimulating transcendent experiences and deep insights, which could relate to healing. 

Along the love- lines. There are ongoing clinical trials with MMDA (also a love drug), which has shown effectiveness with TRD and PTSD.