Extreme Z7

Fallout is Getting a TV Series

18 posts in this topic

lol looks lit

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Posted (edited)

Bethesada ruined the Fallout franchise so bad. I don't understand how people find this appealing.

It looks so cookie-cutter and fake.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura I couldn't agree more, this TV series is the epitome of everything wrong with the modern take on the franchise. All the nuanced & clever writing is completely devoid in Bethesda's version of Fallout and this show is bound to be an even more egregious example of the cookie-cutter bullshit that plagues their writing and approach to the established world/lore. This really is just a shallow imitation of everything that made the series so legendary and if you can't see that then you must be seriously blind. It's pure iconography, purposely engineered with the most minimal depth conceivable in order to appeal to the widest market possible aka normies. It's a fucking joke and any Fallout 'fan' who eats this is up is part of the problem.

Edited by Cubbage
Typo

Posted (edited)

Todd Howard has turned Bethesda into McDonalds for gamers.

Bethesda is dead to me.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

It ain't much, but it's honest work.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

Todd Howard was a teenage boy hearthrob back in the day

now hes a filthy liar

Edited by Hojo

Eat your words fallout haters ;)

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

On 3/28/2024 at 7:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

Bethesda is dead to me.

Just wait until TES6 releases in 2096. You will be speechless by then (mostly because you'll probably be dead).

beep boop

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Just wait until TES6 releases in 2096. You will be speechless

It's gonna be the same stale formula, watered down even more, with even more cash-grab monetization schemes built into it like $50 blue horse armor.

Bethesda as an original game maker is dead.

I would much rather play a small indie game that has some originality to it.

Edited by Leo Gura

My hype for TES6 died with Starfield.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Definitely. If you compare the amount of weapon types and armor in Morrowind to what you've got in Skyrim it's a stark contrast. Nothing that can be fixed with mods, but the problem is that this process of simplification doesn't limit itself to the amount of content, but also to the foundation of the game. It's relatively easy to mod in new content, but not so much with entirely new mechanics, as this will cause compatibility problems with the base game and other mods.

The issue now is that they've become aware of how big the modding community has become, and part of their strategy seems to rely on modders to fix their game. Every Bethesda game I've ever played had a "community patch" mod which does a lot of bug fixing for the game. How come nobody at Bethesda ever looks at these mods and goes: "Maybe we should fix these bugs in the base game?".

They don't seem to care one bit. I don't see how such people will care enough to try and experiment with new game play mechanics altogether. So my prognosis is that we will get the same game with a different skin. Perhaps I'm wrong, I'm going to judge the product off of the product itself.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

blue horse armor

Also, fuck the Oblivion horse armor, I think the Creation Club is a much worse crime against humanity. It's basically the horse armor DLC on crack.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Posted (edited)

I did a deep dive into this. What I realized is that all the original people who made Morrowind so unique and special left Bethesda a long time ago. And now there's only Todd. And Starfield shows you the kind of weak creative vision that Todd has. Todd is a good manager and producer, but he does not have the visionary and creative talent necessary to make truly inspiring games. So what we get from him is cookie-cutter stuff.

If Todd wanted to make great games, he would hire a creative lead who is a visionary and let him refresh the old formula while Todd plays producer role. But this would require a lot of humility on Todd's part. I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Leo Gura

I am only 3 episodes in, but I really like this show so far. I only ever dabbled in the games, but my girlfriend was really into them (though she didn’t like 4 an hated 76). She’s also in agreement that this show is great and feels like a real extension of the universe. 

super surprising since most of these adaptions suck.