Peo

Is reality just perspectives? How do I know I am not deluded?

9 posts in this topic

After quite a few trips on shrooms I have started to contemplate what reality and existence is. My conclusion is that consciousness can take any form it likes. My mind is imagining me as an ego. In a sense I am creating reality with my own mind. Although when I am sober it stays rather finite. If I take a high dose of shrooms it all starts to become crazy fluid. 

Also another insight I got is that reality is just really different perspectives on existence in both the mundane human life, but also at different states of consciousness. After many trips, I feel like I don't know anything. Not knowing is more truthful than anything else. What is really the Absolute truth? Is there such a thing as an absolute truth? 

The problem is that on a psychedelic trip my mind can come up with a bunch of nonsense or maybe shrooms are bad for spiritual work. Need to try some other psychedelics before I can be sure though. For example one time after a trip I was like now I understand what time is. Then one day I took an even larger dose of shrooms and understood that I was wrong. Time literally does not exist; it is only the present moment that lasts for eternity. My mind is deceiving me with the idea that time is really there.

How do I know what is the truth when self deception exists? Can’t your own mind deceive you even in a psychedelic trip, so how does Leo sort the falsehood from the truth.

So how do i know my mind is not deceiving me on a psychedelic trip or with an insight. 

Can you trust psychedelics to give you the truth?

Is reality just perspectives? How do I know I am not deluded?

I have a condition called Auditory Processing Disorder. Basically means that sometimes I am told something and I hear something else. Does this mean I am deluded or that my truth is simply different? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 hours ago, Peo said:

What is really the Absolute truth? Is there such a thing as an absolute truth? 

Lol. This experience here right now . Unless you doubt your own experience. But then you have to doubt your own doubt because doubt and skepticism themselves are part of your experience. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

7 hours ago, Peo said:

After quite a few trips on shrooms I have started to contemplate what reality and existence is. My conclusion is that consciousness can take any form it likes. My mind is imagining me as an ego. In a sense I am creating reality with my own mind. Although when I am sober it stays rather finite. If I take a high dose of shrooms it all starts to become crazy fluid. 

Also another insight I got is that reality is just really different perspectives on existence in both the mundane human life, but also at different states of consciousness. After many trips, I feel like I don't know anything. Not knowing is more truthful than anything else. What is really the Absolute truth? Is there such a thing as an absolute truth? 

The problem is that on a psychedelic trip my mind can come up with a bunch of nonsense or maybe shrooms are bad for spiritual work. Need to try some other psychedelics before I can be sure though. For example one time after a trip I was like now I understand what time is. Then one day I took an even larger dose of shrooms and understood that I was wrong. Time literally does not exist; it is only the present moment that lasts for eternity. My mind is deceiving me with the idea that time is really there.

How do I know what is the truth when self deception exists? Can’t your own mind deceive you even in a psychedelic trip, so how does Leo sort the falsehood from the truth.

So how do i know my mind is not deceiving me on a psychedelic trip or with an insight. 

If You had no Ability to Remember or Imagine, would time exist for You? Think of the past as just memory because does past really exist? Same with Future, its just Imagination, does it exist now? Neither exist now, but what does exist Now? Now is the only thing that exist now, so if You had no memory/imagination then Only Now exist, problem is this sucks when You as a Human are trying to Survive and live another day, without either of those faculties the Human Race would not exist today, so think of Memory and Imagination as survival tools, when highly conscious or on drugs like shrooms and lsd, you lose that sense and that allows you to really live Now, and appreciate it... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

You are Absolutely deluded and so is 95% of the population including myself. It's the only way you can have a life. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

56 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

when highly conscious or on drugs like shrooms and lsd, you lose that sense and that allows you to really live Now, and appreciate it... 

True, have experience this many times. A very beautiful experience. The Now becomes so divine it makes me cry. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Peo said:

Id say that if something has a quality, it is let's say false. The only quality that existence has is that it is. This unfolds in infinite nuances, if there are any of these nuances, you are in a "lie", in the sense that it is not the absolute truth. absolute truth is everything and nothing. Those are its two faces and are exactly the same. all the nuances between this are relative, a mirage. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Peo said:

True, have experience this many times. A very beautiful experience. The Now becomes so divine it makes me cry. 

So when these questions of Why, why am I here, why is there life, Am I deluded, What is this all about, it comes from a place of misery, or total unAwareness, no intensity of what Life is via experience, and the intellect which is always past/memory or future/imagination orientated takes over your Awareness and Experience, then misery or suffering is the basic nature of experience, because Life is only Now, and when that is missed misery is the only thing that can happen when all the distractions and drugs start to fail... Intense Bliss, via drugs or done naturally, will show You the intensity or miracle of Life, it happens Now, and that Now is basically Eternal, what we are doing now that we shouldn't be is focusing too much on what happened yesterday or what may happen tomorrow, completely Missing the Now!

The Real question is, is this condition that most of Us are in, was it manufactured or is it just our basic nature, I think it was manufactured, the powers in this society/culture want us to not be Enlightened, not be present moment aware, but to be past/future aware and miserable, so they can profit and control the masses!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Peo said:

After many trips, I feel like I don't know anything.

You dont, you cant. Its infinite that means whatever you know is the exact same amount as you have always known. You dont know more or less in infinity. You know as much as you knew when you were a baby on an infinite spectrum.

Just take your words as truth. No one knows anything.

Absolute truth is infinity you can only know about it you cant know it.

Pretend there is an glass elevator you can go in the elevator and look up and down both up and down are surrounded by thick black smoke. There are no levels to the elevator only up and down buttons.You go up and down and each floor is the same black smoke clouding how far and how high the elevator goes, Infinity is the thick black smoke, its just there as a pointer to infinite. How high can I go? As high as you want as long as the thick black infinite smoke is there to show there is a way up.

You can know truth by eliminating the deceptions one by one. You want truth, its that which is not deception. Everything else is a deception.Perceptions are deceptions as you are observing them you arent the perceptions. Do the math! If truth is that which is not deception everything you experience is a deception and truth is creating the deceptions. You have a thick black smoke behind you and its creating infinite deception and calling it you.

Its the mind of a sleeping God!

Edited by Hojo