bebotalk

Gaza genocide

31 posts in this topic

@Merkabah Star

7 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

Not sure why you are asking me this? 

I said in the court of public opinion which means the general public around the world think it’s a genocide. Saying Geneva was a joke. 

Oh okay, asking because in other threads you were more pro Palestinian.

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Merkabah Star

Oh okay, asking because in other threads you were more pro Palestinian.

Yeah, that hasn’t changed. What have i said that made you think i was pro Israelie?

@Merkabah Star

1 hour ago, Merkabah Star said:

Yeah, that hasn’t changed. What have i said that made you think i was pro Israelie?

You agreed with @Vrubel and @Nivsch about Israel there.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Merkabah Star

You agreed with @Vrubel and @Nivsch about Israel there.

I said the world thinks what Israel is doing is a genocide, how on earth is that me agreeing with those two? 

On 27/03/2024 at 9:52 PM, zazen said:

The ICJ ruled that it’s a plausible case for genocide - will take years for the final verdict if it ever comes. Collective punishment is very clear and evident though.

Genocide spans a broad spectrum. At its mildest interpretation, it could be fears of cultural or demographic displacement, as seen in some reactions to immigration. At its most stark its the outright and deliberate extermination of an entire group of people.

It’s not always a single sudden event but can be a lengthy process in the making. The worlds watching tracks being laid out for a disaster train, with a starving, trapped population and IDF gearing up for their Rafah operation. That's why even Israel’s own allies are straightening their backs and discourse now - even big names among the American right like Joe Rogan, Alex Jones and Candace Owen are calling it as such which will impact the collectives view on the conflict. 

Maybe it’s just the trajectory of what’s coming and what’s occurring that is getting clearer - and people don’t want to be seen as being on the wrong side of history.

Legally, genocide has little to do with immigration per se. It has to be the deliberate extermination of a group, by the UN charter. Some racist white Europeans calling it "genocdie" is just unintelligent/low IQ reasoning (ironic given Hitler's views) and a gross misunderstanding of what the UN ruling on genocide actually is. 

On 28/03/2024 at 9:51 AM, Nivsch said:

@bebotalk Lets ask it thay way - what makes you think there is one?

I never said there is such. I merely stated that there is preliminary evidence that could point to it. Though I'd counter, how can you be sure there isn't? 

@bebotalk

2 hours ago, bebotalk said:

Legally, genocide has little to do with immigration per se. It has to be the deliberate extermination of a group, by the UN charter. Some racist white Europeans calling it "genocdie" is just unintelligent/low IQ reasoning (ironic given Hitler's views) and a gross misunderstanding of what the UN ruling on genocide actually is. 

Sure, but putting aside the legality of genocide and the UN's definition, can you see how genocide can impact the local region, and can become global? For example the holocaust, which is a combination of concentration camps, death by overworking the captives, mass execution by gas chambers, was a local region effect, but some of the survivors did an exodus and had to leave and some were expelled from Nazi Germany to various European countries. Even the USSR were not willing to take in the Jews that were dispelled from Nazi Germany. This event eventually leads to the formation of Zionism and the desire for all Jews to make a Jewish state back at Jerusalem, which leads into GB which had taken some of these European Jews, to migrating them and Zionists into Palestine before the Al Nakba, which leads into the Al Nakba and many other events within that 80 year timeline.

Posted (edited)

Why it is worth considering more seriously, that hamas is a greater obstacle to peace (than Israel)?

He has good refreshing points inside.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

On 01/04/2024 at 4:44 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@bebotalk

Sure, but putting aside the legality of genocide and the UN's definition, can you see how genocide can impact the local region, and can become global? For example the holocaust, which is a combination of concentration camps, death by overworking the captives, mass execution by gas chambers, was a local region effect, but some of the survivors did an exodus and had to leave and some were expelled from Nazi Germany to various European countries. Even the USSR were not willing to take in the Jews that were dispelled from Nazi Germany. This event eventually leads to the formation of Zionism and the desire for all Jews to make a Jewish state back at Jerusalem, which leads into GB which had taken some of these European Jews, to migrating them and Zionists into Palestine before the Al Nakba, which leads into the Al Nakba and many other events within that 80 year timeline.

Zionism pre-dates WW1 and long before the rise of Nazi Germany. 

On 4/2/2024 at 8:22 AM, Nivsch said:

Why it is worth considering more seriously, that hamas is a greater obstacle to peace (than Israel)?

He has good refreshing points inside.

So why hasn’t Israel allowed the West Bank to be a state and removed the violent settlers, Hamas has no power there and the PLO gave up armed resistance? Instead Netanyahu now openly declares he will not allow a Palestinian state.