TheSelf

The Truth

131 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Religion is mostly about Belief nowadays generally speaking, some may have true experiences but it may be illusionary or such, who knows, all I can see of another is how they act and judge based on that, but I try to stay away from judging ppl as much as possible, its egoic in nature and creates division in my experience of life..

Spirituality is the science of directly experiencing the non physical aspect of what we are, my thoughts are non physical, my feelings and memories and such are non physical but they can manifest in physical ways. In Yoga we do not talk about God, and Infinity and such grandiose things, as they can all be imagined and Maya like, so we start from where we are at, I want a constant state of Peace as my foundation, then Bliss then Oneness/Completeness experience, its possible and can be achieved thru using of methods, again like martial arts training ( I use to teach marital arts),l one learns the training method, it physically produces a change in ones bodily response and ability to deliver attacks and defend, its the same with Yoga, you do the practices, learn the philosophy of its teachings, apply it for real in daily life (Live Now, Accept Now, Respond to Now absolutely), then go from there, maybe Enlightenment is more a possibility now for you, or its just a Happier, Healthier, more Intense and connected living Experience..

Some ppl in Spirituality have made it into a Religion for themselves, its more belief than anything, they have not used the methods or opened themselves up in a way that they are receptive to what is available to them via a non intellectual or belief sort of way, they think too much, put on shows of devotion and kindness too much but within themselves they are just a miserable as anyone else living a normal life..

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

On 29/03/2024 at 8:56 AM, zurew said:

For the sake of understanding this kind of language in a more precise manner - Can you become directly conscious of things that are not absolute? So for example, would you use that language to describe causal events like "I became directly conscious of what healed my relationship with my family members or I became directly conscious of what is the cure for a specific illness".

No, in those cases I'd say I "became aware" or "had an insight." Both involve becoming conscious, "seeing" something you didn't see before, relatively.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

What are most people in religion/spirituality up to?

The Buddha wasn't a Buddhist!

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

What are people in religion/spirituality up to?

The Buddha wasn't a Buddhist!

The Buddha built many hypotheses and experimented with a lot of different practices before he had his realization. More importantly, he was seeking something, and that something he only had ideas about, intuitions, glimpses. He was grasping, then grace came. This is mysticism for 99.999% of people.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

On 3/29/2024 at 11:14 PM, Carl-Richard said:

The Buddha built many hypotheses and experimented with a lot of different practices before he had his realization. More importamtly, he was seeking something, and that something he only had ideas about, intuitions, glimpses. He was grasping, then grace came. This is mysticism for 99.999% of people.

Why do you say he was grasping?

The main difference is that Gautama got it! Realizing it is one thing; what we believe preceded the event, another. There are no requisites besides realizing it oneself. Certain practices may have aided his efforts in some ways, but how come emulating Gautama's path isn't necessarily going to make us enlightened?

This is what religion is about: leaving out the direct consciousness, then inventing rituals and "choreographies" around the life and actions of an individual. The tacit assumption is that, if followed, an ideal (that we don't know of nor have experienced) will be reached, and that belief is essential or needed. The practices can't produce it, only you can. Grace makes it sounds like the leap comes from an outside force while intent is putting your ass on the line.

You want to label the pursuit so that it fits with your theories but this is mistaken. We already superimpose stuff onto it by limiting it to a framework or system. It is better left as an open search for what's absolutely true.

Ramana's sudden awakening exemplifies that the "leap" is always made now and irrespective of circumstances and history, since you are already you. That's the main thing to strive to here.

Dropping assumptions and beliefs, understanding one's mind, transforming as a self, mastering a skill, understanding experience, emotions, language and everything else are invaluable practices to take up in life while also pursuing the absolute.

Edited by UnbornTao

To judge judging, is itself a judgment. Without judgment you'd be dead. Judgment and discernment are intricately linked. Judgment says this is bad and this is good. Discernment is the understanding of why something is bad or good. 

The only judgment to erase is that anything is beyond relatively bad. Bad is only a relational concept. Bad exists in the world of survival.

No judgment, no survival. It you eat it is cause of judgment, if you sleep it is cause of judgment. You always choose to resist or flow with the senses.

You can resist sleep to study for a test because it's bad to give in to sleep until you feel prepared for the test. You can resist sleep if a rabid dog is trying to bite you.

You make judgments all the time, so don't judge judgment. The only relinquishment necessary is the delusion that Absolute Good isn't existence. Outside of that judge away. Else you turn yourself into an ungrounded fool

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

Let's invent a religion based on Ramana: you get enlightened now or are going to advaita hell.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

@UnbornTao you would be a great priest :P

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Nemra said:

@UnbornTao you would be a great priest :P

I already designated myself as that. First come, first serve.

Edited by UnbornTao

Y’all are drunk ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI