Yimpa

US Sues Apple over iPhone monopoly

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Apple has really won over capitalism. The best thing US govt can do is to routinely fine them over stuff. They don't even care about that anyway. 

Underrated Biden policy. Finally some antitrust enforcement.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I use both iPhone and Samsung. Both have their added advantage but although Android gives me a lot of freedom, I would still pick my iPhone if I had to pick 1. Their shit just works although you get less freedom. For example speech to text is sucks on the Samsung while on iPhone it just works like clock work. 

That CEO goading "just buy an IPhone omegalol" is the drop that broke the camels back for the government it seems.

32 minutes ago, Basman said:

That CEO goading "just buy an IPhone omegalol" is the drop that broke the camels back for the government it seems.

Just don't get excited too much. The same thing happened with msft back in the days and the hype was that they were about to breakup the company. Nothing of that sort happened.

Apple, Amazon, Microsoft are all monopolistic entities. 

I used to be an Apple fan boy several years ago. I would have defended Apple 100% back then. I have since matured my stance and think Apple is being a big fat bully in this situation.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing politicians speak about technology when they have absolutely no fucking idea what they’re talking about lol.

They just want easier access to your iPhone’s data and information at any time they so please.  Android is already a malware/spyware infested place that they can easily access but the majority of people in the USA don’t use Android.

The iMessage/green bubble debacle makes no sense because you can download WhatsApp, Telegram, etc to get around this “issue”.  Why should Apple fix other people’s problem?  They fixed the shitty SMS technology themselves with iMessage.  Like BlackBerry fixed it with BBM.

They don’t like that Apple doesn’t play nice when they want someone’s iPhone data so they have to use Pegasus or ask a hacker to crack them open.  But Apple’s iOS updates always close each loophole in the OS so hacking and things like Pegasus are always playing cat and mouse with Apple.

Nothing will happen for many years though, this stuff takes a long ass time to be in court.  Google is going to court in September for their ad business lawsuit and they got sued like YEARS ago.  

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

The iMessage/green bubble debacle makes no sense because you can download WhatsApp, Telegram, etc to get around this “issue”.  

What about AirDrop being exclusive to Apple devices? Did Apple really need to keep it that way, or could they have innovated and discovered a way to make it useable with Windows and Android devices as well?