BojackHorseman

The evolution of human beings in the future?

10 posts in this topic

I was listening to some podcasts with predictions explaining how AI will probably make us more evolved and happy as a species (even if we have to consider transhumanism going far for thism, which seems inevitable anyway)

But then I wondered...if humans evolve with AI in a way that makes them smarter/happier, what would a society with no problems look like? Would it end up driving humans bored or depressed?

Cause if we don't encounter resistance...is it still an interesting life?

That being said, the question might not be relevant, as I'm thinking from the point of view of a human now.

Humans, or whatever we will call the merging of AI/technology and humans in the future, might think in a way that's so far removed from us that all problems we have may seem primitive and stupid.

But yeah, even then, feels weird to imagine to me. If we all just connect to one giant AI cloud that's like "do this and this, and there will be no problems anymore", then what do we become? Traditional work will probably disappear, and what will art talk about if there is no resistance in our lives?

Yup. It's called wireheading. In the future we might be able to live in a constant orgasm.

Or maybe AI will prove there is no free will and there is no self.

This could be why there are no aliens or AI flying around the universe. They realize there is no free will and they either get depressed or reach a new level of consciousness. 

4 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

This could be why there are no aliens or AI flying around the universe

Maybe a level is reached in which they accesses another completely different dimension within infinite dimensions of existence. If this finite universe exists with its big bang, its protons and neutrons and all that, it is logical to think that there are other universes, other dimensions, other realities unimaginable from our mental configuration.

Posted (edited)

We are aliens in a human simulation. Everything on this planet is light. We can't enter the light without falling into it so we send ourselves into the light and pretend to live. A planet is a black hole. The sun shines light on the surface.

The earth is a God and we are putting our minds into a God's mind.

Edited by Hojo

We are not just gonna merge with AI's and robots through hardware, we are also gonna approach AI's software, mentally.

I simply mean we will realize we are also bio-AI's.

also, There will be good AIs and bad AI's, so there will be a lot of new challenges for humans...

5 hours ago, Ahbapx said:

also, There will be good AIs and bad AI's, so there will be a lot of new challenges for humans...

I always wonder about those things : is it not possible to prevent AI from harming humans?

This is the subject of many scifi movies, but what about reality?

13 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

Yup. It's called wireheading. In the future we might be able to live in a constant orgasm.

I wonder if people would want to live in that state. As irrational as it sounds in a way (or rather, "as human as it sounds", should I say), I wouldn't want to live like that. It would be boring. But again, just present-day human thinking I guess.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:37 AM, BojackHorseman said:

I always wonder about those things : is it not possible to prevent AI from harming humans?

This is the subject of many scifi movies, but what about reality?

Besides all the benefits, Firstly AI will harm humans inevitably because of how they are inaccurately trained by humans.

And also AI will hallucinate and no human will have the intelligence to distinguish it from Truth. So yes, i think this is the most likely outcome.

@Leo Gura I remember your statement about the number of brain hemispheres of aliens, why would aliens always be "organic" in nature? Wouldn't they have mastered "transalienism" a long time ago with their technological advance?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

The evolution of human beings in the future?

You have a whole branch of psychology called Developmental Psychology. Which gave birth to Spiral dynamics, Susanne Cook-Greuter's models and Ken Wilber works. Leo himself has done a lot of work here. AI will not change the inner wiring of human beings but in the best case scenario, will accelerate this progress along the spiral.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

It would be said that technological evolution is allowing humanity to emerge from the mud of the wild life from which it comes, and break the entire tendency of struggle, domination, competition, submission, comparison and war. It is a slow and difficult process, evolution moves creating events like the Second World War, although now it seems that the balance is leaning more in other directions. If science takes the leap that it seems to be attempting, we will see something never seen before. well, we're already seeing it. What humanity has achieved is a miracle, its evolutionary power is enormous, the intelligence of reality is working with all its power in us