Past-Philosopher-562

Question to Leo . I WISH he helps here

19 posts in this topic

Hey Leo . I hope you take some time to answer the following question .

1. What do you say to someone who lost faith in life ever working for him who happend to be in a thirld world country and who lives in a mountain small town where it has been economically not as equal as the big cities but also lost all the money in a college education that didn't pay off and now has lost faith , become apathic , and doesn't seem to feel encouraged to do anything because of every investment he invested didn't pay off . So he feels defeated . I am speaking about myself here .

I feel like I lost the will to change . 

I think I wish I can system reboot my brain and mind with some mystical experience and embody a state of consciousnessnes that would make me passionate .

Hard to say.

What is it you want out of life?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Hard to say.

What is it you want out of life?

Live a good life that I couldn't live before .

I want to have a strong frame > I have quantified this mental model and made it practical .

I want to be self-actualized

I want to have the means to travel and be location free

If I am to live longer , at least I want to have a home for myself

I want to be loved and cared for

So much to say ………

Posted (edited)

@Past-Philosopher-562 How old are you?

And what is stopping you from doing those things?

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think Leo means "the difference between doing those things" here but maybe he disagrees

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Past-Philosopher-562 How old are you?

28 years old .

Limited skills . Lack of money , feel like I won't be able to accomplish them . Thirld world country in a small mountain .don't trust myself . interevert with bad social skills .  

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

28 years old .

That's very young. You have plenty of time yet to develop yourself.

Limited skills . Lack of money , feel like I won't be able to accomplish them . Thirld world country in a small mountain .don't trust myself . interevert with bad social skills .  

And what is the alternative to developing those things? What else is there for you to do?

You can develop skills, get better jobs, move to a better place, and learn to socialize. Why not spend the next 5-10 years doing that?

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

I want to have a strong frame > I have quantified this mental model and made it practical .

What do you mean by this exactly?

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's very young. You have plenty of time yet to develop yourself.

And what is the alternative to developing those things? What else is there for you to do?

You can develop skills, get better jobs, move to a better place, and learn to socialize. Why not spend the next 5-10 years doing that?

I mean I just feel like what is the point . I know this sounds weird . But what is the point of developing myself for the next 5 to 10 years and then I will achieve the outcomes that I seek . I mean what a pointless life . Why Can't I  spend time and investment on shorter timeline like 6 months - 12 months , why 5 years till 10 years . It seems too much . 

I have already spend more than 12 years learning in academia and everything turned out to be pointless and here I am broke and with low self esteem and not self actualized .

Can I say I want to be effective  ?- Like to do the right thing , not just do things right . I want to do the right thing . I am not convinced that 5 to 12 YEARS OF developing myself could create the outcome I seek specificially when this seem goals i have workd my entire life to accomplish them from more than that and nothing happened . So how can I make sense of this ?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Past-Philosopher-562 said:

But what is the point of developing myself for the next 5 to 10 years and then I will achieve the outcomes that I seek . I mean what a pointless life .

How is it pointless? It will be a meaningful use of your time and you will feel good along the way. You will build a nice life for yourself.

You won't have to wait 5-10 years to start feeling good. You will get good feelings all along the way.

Like I said, what is the alternative? Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself and getting more and more bitter?

Edited by Leo Gura

13 hours ago, Spiritedness said:

What do you mean by this exactly?

It originated from pick up artists as a concept they call frame control. They understood that in every interaction between a man and a woman, someone will frame the interaction. Are you the creepy guy at the bar making women uncomfortable, or are you the cocky and funny dudewho she would love to sleep with? Well, that’s a matter of frame. It’s partially the agreed upon perception of your environment, partially the narratives that make up everyone's decision making process, and partially how you perceive yourself and how they perceive themselves.

The frame is the underlying meaning. It's the context, the implication—the unspoken assumption in everything you say. 

When I said I have quantified it , it means , I have made it practical and categorize to physical Frame to work . And Emotional Frame and intellectual and create goals in each category to supply my frame . How I am percevied and I perceive reality with right mental models that would allow me feel confident and be seen confident .

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

How is it pointless? It will be a meaningful use of your time and you will feel good along the way. You will build a nice life for yourself.

You won't have to wait 5-10 years to start feeling good. You will get good feelings all along the way.

Yeah . I get what you are saying . I feel like I have sacrficided my social life for too long in the past precisely because I believed if i worked hard enough in school , I could graduate and then get a job and finance different lifestyle goals as I develop myself and have basic needs met and then life didn't go as it should . So now I just feel like I am back squere zero and feel doubtful . This is why I use this label pointless and I want to be effective and stuff like that . 

I will work on this . Thank you for your time .

Posted (edited)

@Past-Philosopher-562

A) Your education was not pointless, you learned some valuable things.

B) You don't have to just work, you can prioritize your social life over work since that is part of your goal.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura What advice would you give to someone who is confused wether to hope for future or live in present ?

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Past-Philosopher-562

A) Your education was not pointless, you learned some valuable things.

B) You don't have to just work, you can prioritize your social life over work since that is part of your goal.

Thank you very much .

One thing i feel I should ask . There was a keyword that you mentioned a lot in your youtube lectures called conscious leadership which somehow is different than the unconscious leadership . Is this something that can be developed by self awareness , contemplation , evolving our consciousness from different spiral dynamic stages and ego stages and being conscious of people stages and our shadow and the crowd shadow . I mean . I am in the right field energy , judging by the keywords I am pointing to .

You are wishing to do spiritual by-passing. It's better to achieve once we are more actualized, so you are more wholesome/full in your whole self-actualization.

You can see the fabrications of your mind, of how it's holding you back. If you want to wish for something, wish for your spiritual insights to help you actualize fully, not to by-pass whatever bad situation you find yourself into right now. That's not a grounded spirituality, it doesn't fully acknowledge the importance/function of the fabrications you currently have, which are fabrications meant for survival and letting the ego thrive.

When it comes to practical money-making things, online opportunities are actually the best opportunities today, it will all come down to your level of commitment, clear-mindedness and creating and executing on a daily schedule doing things that will get you paid.

If you want enlightenment, it requires at least as much complexity as it would take to handle your personal work ethics and being able to level up financially. If you are anywhere that you have consistent access to the internet and a way of getting payments, you can earn money online.

Here is the deal: Can you have a paypal account in your locality? Can you withdraw and use money from that paypal account? Or if paypal doesn't even exist in your country, you can get paid through crypto, even people in Syria if they try hard enough can.

This is why Life Purpose is so important, this kind of logistical crap will get handled.

You say that it will take a long time... You will reap the rewards along the way, actually. It's not as if it will take you 10 years to get results with ANYTHING. It's just that we hope so much that you will put in work, that we don't want you to putting in work, and then stopping and starting something new every 6 months, so that the results you get build up on top of each other more and more.

Those results might be lag metrics (building a portfolio of a skill online, and amount of time you spend marketing yourself) or lead metrics (the actual earnings you are making, actually moving from some bad location, etc)

Posted (edited)

On 05/03/2024 at 4:23 PM, Rishabh R said:

@Leo Gura What advice would you give to someone who is confused wether to hope for future or live in present ?

Both.

You need both to be grounded. You ALWAYS LIVE IN THE PRESENT, and the future works to guide where your present actions take you.

Even in Buddhism, they don't tell that all you need is the present (properly taught Buddhism). You need a path to follow, it takes hard work and vision to even "live in the present" like a monk, much more than most people's weak and unclear vision of the future (where they are "living in the present" but the wrong way).

Be more specific with how you phrase it, and you will find the answer. What does it actually mean to hope for the future or live in the present?

Edited by Lucasxp64

On 05/03/2024 at 4:23 PM, Rishabh R said:

Both.

You need both to be grounded. You ALWAYS LIVE IN THE PRESENT, and the future works to guide where your present actions take you.

Even in Buddhism, they don't tell that all you need is the present (properly taught Buddhism). You need a path to follow, it takes hard work and vision to even "live in the present" like a monk, much more than most people's weak and unclear vision of the future.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:03 PM, Lucasxp64 said:

It's better to achieve once we are more actualized, so you are more wholesome/full in your whole self-actualization.

Would you explain what you mean by this ? - Is I should not focus on achieving things untill my basic needs are being met , then I should persue higher goals ? --

The thing is I have worked hard and hard in my Life and sacrificed a lot for just education to graduate and get a job and then work on my Passion , I live in a small town . My father worked hard in his life and nothing he got in return and neither did I . The system is rigged in a way where It wouldn't allow me even a chance or a bit luck . I can't find a job and my physique is deteriating , so of course , the energy and the outlook I have toward life has become too depressing and soulless because nothing I get from working hard .