Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zeroguy

Do you think spirituallity made you delusional

7 posts in this topic

I stayed away from spirituality from a year and my mind recovered.Now I have better discernment.

8 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

I stayed away from spirituality from a year and my mind recovered.Now I have better discernment.

Spirituality made "me" vanish.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Like Everything that comes to the West and is popularized and modernized, it gets greatly distorted. Spirituality in its purist form will give You great Clarity, not disillusionment, but the majority of ppl in this world live in controlled forms of disillusionment, we have to in a way to survive another day, if we were open with total clarity but no balance, then we wouldn't function in the world socially, relationship, security wise, you wouldn't care about those things, because Your Inner experience would be exploding with Clarity, Bliss, and such intense experiences, but we can come from this place, and have balance and still function in the world on other levels...Its totally possible..very hard though in this modern world due to so many distortions being promoted and manufactured...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

I don’t equate radically opening my mind with becoming delusional. It simply is viewed like that from those who are radically close-minded.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

The problem is that profound spiritual traditions are being taken out of context and transformed into commodities that can be sold to a materialistic culture.  So you end up with the shallow nonsense of neo-Advaita and non duality.   Or even meditation, which doesn’t work for most people because they aren’t going through the necessary preliminary purification needed to make it work.   The one thing that I have found to be still useful even after translation is Yoga.  Even when you reduce Yoga to a purely physical exercise, it is still enormously beneficial to the body.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

The problem is that profound spiritual traditions are being taken out of context and transformed into commodities that can be sold to a materialistic culture.  So you end up with the shallow nonsense of neo-Advaita and non duality.   Or even meditation, which doesn’t work for most people because they aren’t going through the necessary preliminary purification needed to make it work.   The one thing that I have found to be still useful even after translation is Yoga.  Even when you reduce Yoga to a purely physical exercise, it is still enormously beneficial to the body.

Yes, the whole tradition of Yoga and other Eastern sects is distorted big time here in the West, not many can pass it on like it should be, ppl want the biggest thing, its like giving a homeless person 1 Billion $$ right now, what would happen to this person? Nothing empowering for sure..

Ppl on this forum, when I read their responses and post, they always mention non existence, no thingness, God, things way beyond where they are right now, I know this because they are here posting, responding, reacting and such things, but acting like they have it..this is the eg of the biggest problem!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Absolutely. The funny thing is that spirituality can make you so incredibly delusional that at some point your mind will simply surrender and give up all attempts to make sense of this whole preposterous mess you've gotten yourself into... and then you are left with pure and simple Beingness.

The fool who persists in his folly will become wise.

- William Blake -

Why so serious?