VictorB02

OpenAi's New Sora Video Generator

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, zurew said:

Holy shit, that's insane!!!

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

36 minutes ago, undeather said:

Holy shit, that's insane!!!

Yeah, pretty impressive.

We are probably not very far from AI being able to make sense and extract meaning from videos (outside of just using context clues from a given prompt or outside from reading transcripts)

On 2/18/2024 at 0:49 AM, erik8lrl said:

https://x.com/doganuraldesign/status/1758977968159035876?s=20
https://x.com/billpeeb/status/1758960998315135360?s=20

Some new features of Sora, it seems that you can control the video output with prompts to an insane degree. 

Totally! If turning text/image into video is super easy and anyone can do it, it will affect everything from education, art, and entertainment, to politics, and business/marketing. It's gonna be a big change with the possibility of both positive and negative outcomes for society.

15 hours ago, zurew said:

Wow. I have no words.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

6 hours ago, zurew said:

Video game designers better start practicing those burger flipping skills in their freetime 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 hours ago, undeather said:

Video game designers better start practicing those burger flipping skills in their freetime 

Well, yeah we are getting closer to that time although they will need to solve these things first:

Sora may struggle with accurately simulating the physics of a complex scene, where it may not understand specific instances of cause and effect. It can also get confused with spatial details of a prompt, such as following a specific camera trajectory, and more. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenAI/comments/1arrqpz/funny_glitch_with_sora_interesting_how_it_looks/

Whats interesting though, is that Sora generated a lot of negative feeling and comments towards AI in general. A little bit of a social panic of some sort. (155k likes on a hate tweet)

1 hour ago, zurew said:

Well, yeah we are getting closer to that time although they will need to solve these things first:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenAI/comments/1arrqpz/funny_glitch_with_sora_interesting_how_it_looks/

Whats interesting though, is that Sora generated a lot of negative feeling and comments towards AI in general. A little bit of a social panic of some sort. (155k likes on a hate tweet)

Well, I would argue that you don't need SORA to work 100% or even 10% perfect in regards to the various inconsistencies that will inevitbly pop up in complex scenarios - since it's will always be infinitely easier to just adjust those issues afterwards than comming up with a completely novel CGI-production from scratch. Just from footage we have seen now, this is beyond industry breaking in my opinion. I am curious if there will be an emergent evolutionary niche for animation-tech giants like Disney to move towards - something that isn't yet possible to produce with those technologies.

Yeah, I am flip flopping between "that's amazing" and "that's dystopian" as well.
We are comming closer and closer to AI's terminal velocity and it might break our culture in ways we have not experienced so far. If Huxley's brave new world and David Foster Wallace's infinite jest had a metaphorical baby with each other - than that's what I would prophesize our nearer future is going to look like. But then again, humans have shown that adaptability is one of our greatest strengths - so maybe this fear is really baseless at the end. 

In the end, I don't fuckign know - let's enjoy the shitshow!

Edited by undeather

- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 hours ago, undeather said:

Well, I would argue that you don't need SORA to work 100% or even 10% perfect in regards to the various inconsistencies that will inevitbly pop up in complex scenarios - since it's will always be infinitely easier to just adjust those issues afterwards than comming up with a completely novel CGI-production from scratch.

It seem to lack some fundamental physics knowledge or at the very least seem to be confused about it (based on the last reddit post I sent), but the time is probably not far away when they can give it all the necessary physics equations , so that it can get a more fundamental understanding how this world works and it won't be limited to only learn just by observing.

All that being said, I agree that it doesn't need to be perfect in order to destroy the current market. It will be 100% used in multiple fields, especially given that you can talk to it and use it to edit (as many times as you want) videos that you feed to it.

I am very curious how this will turn out.

I think most of you in this thread are very naive about the limitations of this technology. There will be a lot of interesting applications, though.

Reminds me a little how when the PS2 released and I thought it was basically photoreal graphics.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Sora is releasing "Definitely this year, but could be in a few months"

On 16/2/2024 at 8:33 AM, VictorB02 said:

This is insanity. I can't wait to use it:
https://openai.com/sora

Once it is launched to public. Hope to see the subscription cost is not too expensive. We are witnessing the first generation of Text to Video AI. It has just started.

Some of the other companies has already launched lip sync (pika.art), Audio. Considering OpenAI got a solid backup of investor . They will be including it soon .

Posted (edited)

An impressive short film made with Sora!

behind the scenes:

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI