Rasheed

Are these supplements fake or legit? (Scam?)

11 posts in this topic

These are supplements by B. Johnson. They promise to provide all necessary nutrients, minerals and vitamins—in a single capsule/multivitamin.

My question is: Is that even possible? Are these capsules legit, or is it a some sort of a scam?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Although it looks like a pretty big list of various nutrients It's still just a big multivitamin so nothing extraordinary. The rest of the program looks more interesting. I trust Bryan because he speaks like a genuine person speaks, and there's nothing that would make me question his integrity ⎯ yet. 

I definitely wouldn't shape my life around living the longest given all the sacrifices like he did. Hell, Just recently I thought of giving up eating in a special way and just sticking to whatever processed shit I was eating before, because it takes a lot of time to prep and eat this food It's almost like I'm better off just going straight into work after waking up instead of cooking, cleaning and moving food around for an hour. Kudos to him for the effort.

Seems like a good core stack for beginners, as far as the ingredients go.

It's rather cheap, though, which makes me question the quality of the ingredients.

I'd stick to Schmachtenberger's Qualia Life and supplement the other vitamins, if need be. The Qualia supplements are way more holistic and ambitious in their scope than Johnson's anti-aging craze, anyway.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Looks a little bit too on the expensive side considering this is only 1 month supply

The first one has an interesting ingredient mix, I've not seen many of them mixed in this particular way. I am surprised he could stuff all of that in. 

Not loving the level of Iodine in tho, if anyone is prone to hypo or hyperthyroidism, this could become an issue, especially if you happen to live in a country where salt is already iodised but even if not. 

Those cellular antioxidants might be a bit of hit & miss, we don't have a lot of great data on  doses, absorbtion, shelf life etc so you would be entering a speculative realm there. 

The other one, the gel one - the price seems quit high for what's in there. You could probably get most of that from eating regular soups made of ingredients with high carotenoid content like carrots, squashes, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, adding in bunch of green vegetables for the K vitamins. This one I would have hard time justifying the cost. 

But its on you. If you don't mind spending £90 a month and it helps you relief an internal anxiety or a fear, then it might be worth it. If you are already on a tight budget, I might rely more on a diet. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

22 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Looks a little bit too on the expensive side considering this is only 1 month supply

The first one has an interesting ingredient mix, I've not seen many of them mixed in this particular way. I am surprised he could stuff all of that in. 

Not loving the level of Iodine in tho, if anyone is prone to hypo or hyperthyroidism, this could become an issue, especially if you happen to live in a country where salt is already iodised but even if not. 

Those cellular antioxidants might be a bit of hit & miss, we don't have a lot of great data on  doses, absorbtion, shelf life etc so you would be entering a speculative realm there. 

The other one, the gel one - the price seems quit high for what's in there. You could probably get most of that from eating regular soups made of ingredients with high carotenoid content like carrots, squashes, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, adding in bunch of green vegetables for the K vitamins. This one I would have hard time justifying the cost. 

But its on you. If you don't mind spending £90 a month and it helps you relief an internal anxiety or a fear, then it might be worth it. If you are already on a tight budget, I might rely more on a diet. 

What are your thoughts on Qualia Supplements?

By the way, thank you Nilsi—I did not know about Qualia supplements before, they look quite promising 👍

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

3 hours ago, Rasheed said:

What are your thoughts on Qualia Supplements?

22 doses for $160 is a tough cookie to swallow. I would love to see if people got the same results from them if they took out those 90mg of caffeine (equivalent of 1.5 espressos). 

You know like when preworkouts have 16 ingredients and we all know they give you shits, tunnel vision and awesome workout? We all want to believe it is because there ar all these mysterious ingredients like beta alanine and carnitine but deep down we know the effects is 99% driven by 250mg of caffeine per dose. Part of me thinks Qualia Mind, his most popular supplement is just that, a glorified coffee. 

But I have no direct experience so take that as a major limitation. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

You know like when preworkouts have 16 ingredients and we all know they give you shits, tunnel vision and awesome workout? We all want to believe it is because there ar all these mysterious ingredients like beta alanine and carnitine but deep down we know the effects is 99% driven by 250mg of caffeine per dose. Part of me thinks Qualia Mind, his most popular supplement is just that, a glorified coffee. 

Bingo.

I have and never will recommend pre-workout supplements, when a full night of sleep trumps them all.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

22 doses for $160 is a tough cookie to swallow. I would love to see if people got the same results from them if they took out those 90mg of caffeine (equivalent of 1.5 espressos). 

But I have no direct experience so take that as a major limitation. 

I might be biased because Daniel and I are friends - but one of the reasons why Neurohacker prodcuts are so expensive is because they go out of their way to control for contaminants and pollutants. Everyone familair with the supplementation-industry knows how big of a problem contamination actually is. The ingredients are usually well sourced and the stack in general is a thought-out product. From all the nootrpics I have tested, Qualia mind gave me the most subjective beneifts (which was at least to some part due to placebo of course)

This post was sponsered by neurohacker collective

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather noted. Still, the cost is deadly :ph34r:

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the answers 👍

One more question: If you had to choose only 5 supplements and 3 nootropics for most energy, overall health and mental clarity—what would you choose? 

Edited by Rasheed

2 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Thanks for the answers 👍

One more question: If you had to choose only 5 supplements and 3 nootropics for most energy, overall health and mental clarity—what would you choose? 

I personally enjoy l-theanine, magnesium glycinate, fish oil, b complex, and drinking matcha tea. There’s plenty more I’m sure that are helpful. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI