James123

What is Enlightenment, and what is not Enlightenment

31 posts in this topic

@Osaid fair enough. :)

Im not mentally masturbating.  Im using intellectual contemplating to arrive at trutth because i have no other method..no psychedelics no nothing

btw .. I think being willing to ask stupid questions with a childlike curiosity is what leads you to some of the most satisfying unexpected answers. And ultimately to enlightenment.  Which reveals you have no clue what enlightenment is . Because in all spiritual literature in the entire fucking history of mankind it is said that enlightenment is the dissolving of the "I" which claims to be enlightened. 

Its also up to you to answer this question or not :

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?xD

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Since we are using Language here, we cannot talk about Enlightenment/Spirituality directly, because it is not logical in any sort of way, so we use metaphors, examples, generalizations of behaviour and states of Beings/Experiences...

Enlightenment is a Human Beings Highest Potential and Possiblity, Experientially that is.. There are ppl that are at a higher level of Human Mastery, they know the Mechanics of what it means to be Human and can access it fully (Sadhguru is one example of someone alive today, he consecrates and builds temples, Initiates people in person and not in person, displays Siddhis, and is always laughing!), they are Enlightened as well but have more access, this is probably due to many factors, their Karmic makeup, reason why they are here and so forth...

Normal Enlightened Ppl from what I understand do not stay Embodied when it happens, they merge with the Grand Consciousness/Oneness realm, no Individuality remains..

But the ones that are really close, like Tolle for e.g, they are Saint Like, they have minor Siddhis, are Joyful of their own nature, have some basic knowing, and can be teachers per say...

While Embodied and close to Enlightened states, each one is also Unique, they still have personalities to use to communicate with others, some may withdrawal from society and choose isolation, others are Householders, could be your neighbour, you can tell easily...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I think being willing to ask stupid questions with a childlike curiosity is what leads you to some of the most satisfying unexpected answers. And ultimately to enlightenment.

Yes, it could.

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because in all spiritual literature in the entire fucking history of mankind it is said that enlightenment is the dissolving of the "I" which claims to be enlightened. 

There is no "I" claiming to be enlightened. I am simply just communicating with you using words. All words existentially point to one thing, which is your experience.

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?xD

If I gave you an answer, would it really be an answer? What is my answer going to be made of, experientially? Is it really going to explain things, or is it just going to make you imagine a new narrative on top of your experience?

By the way, I totally get the sentiment. What the fuck is this? Do you think this feeling will go away once you come up with a smart answer?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

5 minutes ago, Osaid said:

If I gave you an answer, would it really be an answer? What is my answer going to be made of, experientially? Is it really going to explain things, or is it just going to make you imagine a new narrative on top of your experience?

By the way, I totally get the sentiment. What the fuck is this? Do you think this feeling will go away once you come up with a smart answer?

Something to contemplate. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Something to contemplate. 

Sounds good.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, after listening raslton, I could say without a doubt that he is totally lost. Incredible, no one understands. 

This guy hasn't even touched living infinity, he lives inside a bubble, he hasn't broken it, he doesn't even remotely understand what reality is. what he says is a complete joke, the same as spira. 

10 zen ox is wrong too?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

9 hours ago, James123 said:

I kind of agree and disagree with him saying that what we perceive now isn't absolutely true. Form doesn't disprove the formless. This right here, right now IS the absolute, so I disagree there, but it can only be realized if you stop taking this moment as absolute. You can't capture the absolute in an image, because it has no substance or form to it, so the best image is no image at all, just ride the wave as it goes. So I agree if what he's trying to say is that you should throw away your images of the now and try to look at it as if you were witnessing it for the first time.

beep boop

1 hour ago, James123 said:

10 zen ox is wrong too?

8 hours ago, Davino said:

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is limited and it couldn't be otherwise , let's see, it says: going back to the source. and what is the source? That is the question. Everything that metaphor says is correct, but what it doesn't say is that once you are in a constant state of let's say unity, and you leave your future and your life in the hands of reality and you get stuck in the deep present, you have a feeling of constant connection, etc., yet you are in a limited state. Reality is much more, living infinity is not just that. The force that explodes infinite big bangs in infinite multiverses, that makes life grow and creates your bubble of perfect existence, is more than a state of unity. The state of oneness is the starting line to begin to see, but once you begin to open your being to what is, you are completely humbled. The first thing that burns is your logical mind, when you realize that it is the mind of an insect wanting to understand a quantum computer. trying is a joke. The second thing you see is that the power and magnitude of what is inside you needs to be veiled. It is beautiful and wonderful to open a crack, but you cannot open the entire window or you will be disintegrated. The time for that will come and it will be total glory, but for now it is enough to enjoy the beauty of this experience and as a hobby open the slit from time to time and fill your being with the sight of the enormity that lives

47 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

what is the source? That is the question.

I am sorry but if you don't know answer of this question you don't know what are you talking about. (Which makes for you not even close to recognize the "enlightenment"). It is just being. 

49 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

. The force that explodes infinite big bangs in infinite multiverses, that makes life grow and creates your bubble of perfect existence, is more than a state of unity

Big bang never happened (it just the accumulation of thoughts). Moreover, now is before birth, nothing ever happened. 

50 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The first thing that burns is your logical mind, when you realize that it is the mind of an insect wanting to understand a quantum computer. trying is a joke.

You can not understand it, you just BE. 

51 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The time for that will come and it will be total glory, but for now it is enough to enjoy the beauty of this experience and as a hobby open the slit from time to time and fill your being with the sight of the enormity that lives

It will not be a glory, it will be end of "you", which will be death. 

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

I am sorry but if you don't know answer of this question you don't know what are you talking about. (Which makes for you not even close to recognize the "enlightenment"). It is just being. 

Big bang never happened (it just the accumulation of thoughts). Moreover, now is before birth, nothing ever happened. 

You can not understand it, you just BE. 

It will not be a glory, it will be end of "you", which will be death. 

2 hours ago, James123 said:

10 zen ox is wrong too?

9 hours ago, Davino said:

🥱

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

🥱

I know, truth is so boring for ego. It makes me sleepy too. Because I am an ego too.

Edited by James123